Rates & more

edited January 2012 in PVKII Discussion
My thoughts & info for others
I just felt like giving my opinion about certain things and sharing my experience ingame. Feel free to reply and give your opinions if you think its needed.

Note: What i've wrote down below is what i mostly experienced on european servers only.

Rates:

I've just been wondering for a while, how much do rates exactly effect your gameplay and others when you change them?
Before i knew anything about rates, I was always playing with rate 10.000 and I wasn't doing so good because i had many no hit regs and lots of disadvantages to do with reach and so on, later on i changed them to both 30.000, 50.000 with a few other commands and it worked out just fine for a while. The thing i found myself quite annoying is that if i get rate 30.000 and join a public server, I would most likely do just fine ( depending on my gameplay) but whenever i face someone who actually knows what he's doing and he's either 50+ ping or changed his rates, immediatly everything changes and i get a huge disadvantage on both reach, timing and pushback that appears to be happening like it's a giant smashing me instead of a small sword. How can this happen? Strange enough, rates seem to appear working less better over time, makes me need to change them to another valuable to be able to do any good. This made me realise that dueling makes no sense at all. The classes such as HK and berserker already are, not really equal and the other things mentioned above makes it even worse. Unless you're on freaking LAN playing on the same rates. ( lol )

Obviously it wouldn't matter much if the whole melee-ing wasn't based on backpeddaling and full charging but it seems like whatever rates you get, there always seems to be a rotten apple between those people who can actually match up with you either because of his reach advantage or his sense of knowing what rates he needs to take an advantage over everyone, Hell, i've even seen people get torrents on to get a serious advantage over people.

There's something terrible wrong with the combination of ping, rates, and cowardly gameplay if you ask me. In my own experience, people can be very easy to beat whenever i just change my rates to 7500, when they seem to be having quite a big reach against me if i got 30000 enabled. Also hit regristation goes so smooth on rate 7500 and it doesn't even matter if i'm on 50-90 choke, it's just better in total than just having 0 choke or very little, how can this be?

Rates never has been so important on other games like it is here, I never changed my rates in 2.2 and never had any issues of this. The gameplay of 2.2 and the more free movement could have been important in that matter but its still really weird. I do not like the fact that i have to change my rates each time to be able to win from someone who else will have an enormous reach, no matter what ping he's on.

Fps :

Most of us have seen the change to Orange Box and have seen the previous version and the differences, I've just been wondering what exactly caused this huge fps fridge after the change to Orange Box. I've heard people talk about getting more fps on crysis on same settings than on pvkii or even higher settings than pvkii.(one of the many examples) It's just really weird, it seems like with each update, everything gets just laggier both performance wise and hit regristation and reaches. It's very easy to say as Developer that there's nothing wrong about how the game is developed and just blame it on the player's builds but i really do think you guys gotta consider optimizing it better or just doing something about it. My pc is horrible atm but there was once a time that it ran just fine, i'm just saying, not everyone can afford an expensive high-end gaming computer or something similiar to that. But still i've seen many people having performance issues. Is this a coding issue or what exactly is causing this? The game also has been made prettier ( in the dev's eyes ) but i don't really find it look much better at all.There's much more to come to PVKII, it's not even close to the finnish and much more is coming, do you all expect us to have alienware computers at the end to be able to play pvkii properly on trinket wars and other gamemodes? ( obviously im exxagerating a bit now, but still )

Ping:

When exactly do you think someone get an advantage over you with ping?
In my experience it already starts at 50-70, i don't know if this is caused by their rates or just their ping, strangely enough this only troubles me when fighting a decent player.

120+ ping advantage & mechanics

When on 120+ ping, your pistol accuracy seems to increase by 200% or so, i dont know if its the delayed hitboxes or just [anything] it's just ridiculous easy to shoot people from many more metres away than you're supposed to be shooting them from on normal ping. ( i know it was mentioned before, just wanted to share it again)

Perfect Parry-ing and more:
When you get perfect parried, you don't really get the chance anymore to dodge their counter-attack. The Heavy Knight counter-attack is just like a fast free hit on anyone, even when you jump backwards and you get perfect parried, hardly anytime you will be able to get away or out of reach, depending on how much your hit pushed your opponent away and the speed of your class. ( this is hard as HK getting pped by a berserker)
The HK counter-attack appears to be just as fast as the skirmisher counter-attack, when i first came into 2.3 i didnt even know what i was seeing when that shirley happend to me for the first time, does it even show proper animations? And then the damage from that claymore.

Shieldbash:

I like how it works and it seems to work pretty good against anyone. Only problem is that if you non-charge someone while he jumps backwards ( his only chance to get away or sideways,w.e) he will always stop mid-air, giving the shield-basher a free hit. Isn't the shieldbash supposed to be bashing them away instead of making them stop mid air? The same thing happends with getting perfect parried, you just stop mid air, getting ready to be counter-attacked. Unless you're lucky and managed to jump away properly with good timing and so on.

Gestir

A pretty fun class, been playing it for a while and it's a very good combo, very easy to kill all classes, HK's seem to be made out of paper when you throw a javalin or two at them!

The seax damage is quite powerfull, in combo with bashing it's really easy and so on but it's a good class, once you take a good look at the gestir directions and focus on them, you'll most likely be able to parry them with ease. Something i already knew but really really noticed when i actually started playing gestir serious a while ago is that if you don't do anything else but walk backwards and fully charge people, you're pretty much invisible. Strange enough if you do not make a fully charge hit, it doesn't seem to pushback the player AT ALL, nothing! Hits can really mess up your movements, i hate those moments where someone just hits you and you are just shocked by the pushback that you don't even have time anymore to respond and get a quick hit back.

Full charge hits

Many times yet i have to see, both two opponents fully charge each other, they both stun, and one of them loses Half HP and armour. I don't know why this happends, probably has something to do with being, yes, [slow] or [late] just like the blocking that APPEARS to be somewhat like you're on 140 ping, trying to block on time, not being able to. Might depend on the rates, i dont know that, seems to happen much with me. ( ping is always steady 20-30-40 so that can't be it)

Invisible model When you do both a full charge and you get stunned and you change ( as example ) as skirmisher to pistol right afterwards, the pistol won't appear and you'll have to reopen the sword or double click on ''2'' for pistol

specials

If you perfect parry, quickly press special and then hold attack again on the same time, you can do both a special and another hit ( very imba as HK, hard to do though, so it can't really be much abused) It also works with holding block, making your special just stop immediatly ( just had that today once aswell but doesn't happen too often)

Anyways, this is what i can remember so far, both positive and negative, hopefully kinda equal but that's it, feel free to give your opinions, experiences or troll comments ( which ussually happends often at this kind of threads )

Thanks for reading! and a happy upcoming new year everyone!

Greets, Major Chulain

Comments

• ExedolExedol Senior
    edited 5:41AM
    I've heard people talk about getting more fps on crysis on same settings than on pvkii or even higher settings than pvkii

CRYSIS
    CRYSIS FPS
    YEAH. My old pc ran CRYSIS on max settings with same fps as PVK. Something is terribly wrong. Also any other source game and you got lot more fps than PVK but why is this I want to ask?
    ALSO. MY OLD GPU CRASH IN 2.2 BUT NOT IN 2.4... WHY IS THIS?
    NO, IT WASNT DUE TO SOME DRIVER PROBLEM OR ANYTHING. IT WAS BECAUSE OF OVERHEATING.
    SO... 2.2 = MORE GPU DEPENDENT?
    2.4 = DONT EVEN WANT TO DEPEND ON THE GPU? herp derp

And rates? YEAH. IN PVK 30 - 100 pingers = exactly the same fridgeing thing. RATES ARE SO HORRIBLY fridgeED UP BECAUSE NO ONE USES THEM.. everyone has a different reach. Servers should autoforce the correct rates on everyone.
    When you get like 300-400 hours at this game you can already start instinctively telling how long reach each class should have.. but this seems to be sometimes useless as you can always go "what the fridge" when the guy has added +2 meters to his reach with his ping. It amazes me that an issue like this which is nearly gamebreaking has not found more attention in the community.
    Basically.. if pvk players went to Counter Strike with their shirleyty rates, they'd be autokicked from most decent servers. My point is any source game needs to have these rates or else its just fridgeing bullshirley like laggy reach.
    in Counter Strike it was or is common in lowrate servers to die behind a box of a headshot.. and you'll wonder when you dead.. "I was behind the box.. right? How did I still die of a headshot?"
  • Ninja-ORCNinja-ORC Senior
    I had to use a command to force directx 8 for smooth gameplay. Ya it makes a few graphic mistakes, like everything looking black when underwater but it increaased my gaming tenfold in pvk2. Also i heard someone talking about rates in game, i havent messed with that stuff but it would be nice to understand it better. Considering most people prolly dont even know about rates they just turn their game on and play. icon_restless.gif
    76561197981087625.png They say there are no ninjas in PVK. I beg to differ.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    QUOTE (Major Chulain @ Dec 31 2011, 11:46 AM) »
    I never changed my rates in 2.2 and never had any issues of this.

Yup.

Most of us have seen the change to Orange Box and have seen the previous version and the differences, I've just been wondering what exactly caused this huge fps fridge after the change to Orange Box.

As far as I can tell, OB engine is worse in roughly every way possible than Episode 1 engine was. This applies to every valve game and sourcemod, not just pvkii. Another game that has had massive community-damaging issues recently due to a port to the Orange Box engine is HL2:Deathmatch
    Ping:

see other thread we had for my thoughts

The HK counter-attack appears to be just as fast as the skirmisher counter-attack, when i first came into 2.3 i didnt even know what i was seeing when that shirley happend to me for the first time, does it even show proper animations?

I feel very much the same, and no, I don't think it does show proper animations. The damage definitely happens noticeably sooner than it should based on the 3rd person animation.

I like how it works and it seems to work pretty good against anyone. Only problem is that if you non-charge someone while he jumps backwards ( his only chance to get away or sideways,w.e) he will always stop mid-air, giving the shield-basher a free hit. Isn't the shieldbash supposed to be bashing them away instead of making them stop mid air? The same thing happends with getting perfect parried, you just stop mid air, getting ready to be counter-attacked. Unless you're lucky and managed to jump away properly with good timing and so on.

once again, I feel very much the same

• Lt.HargroveLt.Hargrove Senior
    edited January 2012
    I am not as experienced as you, but you have made my view wider. I just totally agree. In my opinion these are more important to fix than work on next classes.

There are also other things to rethink. Archer being ridiculously overpowered in hands of 1000h + players, finding different way to deal with parry whores than auto parry, ping issues, countless special and attack bugs.

OB engine seems to add some phoney-baloney stuff while damaging everything else.
    I am sorrying for my poor English.

• edited January 2012
    QUOTE (Lt.Hargrove @ Jan 1 2012, 11:19 AM) »
    There are also other things to rethink. Archer being ridiculously overpowered in hands of 1000h + players, finding different way to deal with parry whores than auto parry, ping issues, countless special and attack bugs.There are also other things to rethink. Archer being ridiculously overpowered in hands of 1000h + players, finding different way to deal with parry whores than auto parry, ping issues, countless special and attack bugs.

Yeah, countless specials is def an issue on lts i would say, its sad i can't picture properly and convince everyone how the gamemode gets played on the european servers, mostly skirmisher in this case can get special really quick on lts, just guess who they're going to use it on? They for sure aint gonna use it on a random guy that they can easily kill with melee. Removing the specials on LTS won't effect much, there will still be teamwork needed and everyone gets a fair chance in winning a round, giving people more the chance to fight off multiple opponents aswell. And you get more chance in winning against a stacked team who already won't do anything else but save their specials most of the time. I can totally see this whole special thing being even more complicated in future releases for LTS, you can probably heal your teammates when the medic and other healing classes come in = MOAR SPECIAL, just saying. The healing classes will also even make it more complicated to fight off a stacked team.

Like exe said, mabye every server should autoforce the correct rates unto the players aswell.
  • bERt0rbERt0r Senior
    I agree, rates should be autoforced by the server. Serveradmins, this is your job. Although I'm not sure if "rate" is the only factor here. I think "cl_cmdrate" should play a role too.
    About the fps, im doing ok on both my low spec laptop and my pc. About 30 fps, it is playable. There is a forum thread regarding performance tweaks which helped me a lot.
    Regarding parrying, i recently posted a suggestion http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?s=&s...st&p=233965
    Regarding specials in lts, its an important mechanic so people dont camp and run away all the time, until the other teams destroyed each other. This whole "waiting it out" strategy is already used a lot, if you remove specials, being aggressive would be a huge disadvantage. The knights already have an advantage in lts because the archers can do damage from far away (and therefore get their special earlier). Sadly, most knight teams dont play as a team as in HKs run off alone and archers get backstabbed. The hk was made to be good at defending. If you try to catch other classes, you dont play him right. Imo, the HK benefits the most from all the crouchjumping, autoblocking, bunnyhopping, backpaddling and ratelagging.
    Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes, somthing to something, Yaarrrrrgh!
    I be pro grammar!
  • lillemakkenlillemakken Senior, senior
    QUOTE (Major Chulain @ Dec 31 2011, 07:46 PM) »
    Full charge hits

Many times yet i have to see, both two opponents fully charge each other, they both stun, and one of them loses Half HP and armour.

This.
    According to pvkii.com/forums,
    - Reaching enemies beyond your weapon model isn't a problem(you're just bad at dodging!)
    - Archer isn't overpowered
    - Higher post count is equivalent to higher skill, experience and knowledge in-game
  • edited January 2012
    QUOTE (bERt0r @ Jan 1 2012, 01:59 PM) »
    I agree, rates should be autoforced by the server. Serveradmins, this is your job. Although I'm not sure if "rate" is the only factor here. I think "cl_cmdrate" should play a role too.
    About the fps, im doing ok on both my low spec laptop and my pc. About 30 fps, it is playable. There is a forum thread regarding performance tweaks which helped me a lot.
    Regarding parrying, i recently posted a suggestion http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?s=&s...st&p=233965

Major Chulain : Yeah, i recently got a config from exedol, friend of mine that gave me +10/15 fps, basically all it does is make the textures less sharp and few minor things and it disables the 3d skybox( really helps in island to boost up performance ) Some videocards also have an option to set it to either Performance or Quality, its pretty usefull too.

Regarding specials in lts, its an important mechanic so people dont camp and run away all the time, until the other teams destroyed each other. This whole "waiting it out" strategy is already used a lot, if you remove specials, being aggressive would be a huge disadvantage. The knights already have an advantage in lts because the archers can do damage from far away (and therefore get their special earlier).

Major Chulain : True, although both sharpshooter and gestir(gestir has to be quite close though) can do quite some heavy damage on the archers, javalin is a bit harder to use but works out pretty well if you ambush them from the side when they aren't really moving or noticing. You're right about what you said, i'm just wondering how hard it will be for the sharpshooter to actually shoot the knights from their spawn at the start of lts, when sharpshooter is in, getting food next to the pirate spawn in the middle after being spawnshot by sharpshooter is no longer really an option anymore either for the archer or HK.

Sadly, most knight teams dont play as a team as in HKs run off alone and archers get backstabbed. The hk was made to be good at defending. If you try to catch other classes, you dont play him right. Imo, the HK benefits the most from all the crouchjumping, autoblocking, bunnyhopping, backpaddling and ratelagging.

Major Chulain : Yeah, he really does. If your rates are already fridgeed and you're fighting someone who has an enormous reach, it instantly means (for me atleast) that i get either half damage, no damage on him or i don't hit him at all because of the persons lag and the timing that you can't do anything about because he's basically closer to your character and will also be quicker gone than you actually think instead of the usual timing.
  • ExedolExedol Senior
    edited January 2012
    The best way to close in on a player with laggy reach to get close with parry. Dodging is out of question, its impossible to jump over a laggy player...
    It's like you dodge people and they still hit you because of the enormous lag that follows afterwards.
    Also 30 pingers sometimes exert same reach as over 100 pingers.

cl_updaterate 100
    cl_cmdrate 100
    rate 30000
    ---> this is something that every player should type into their console.
    ---> default rates are just terribad.
  • Trojan•CliniqueTrojan•Clinique Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous. Senior
    edited January 2012
    QUOTE (Exedol @ Jan 1 2012, 03:09 PM) »
    The best way to close in on a player with laggy reach to get close with parry. Dodging is out of question, its impossible to jump over a laggy player...
    It's like you dodge people and they still hit you because of the enormous lag that follows afterwards.
    Also 30 pingers sometimes exert same reach as over 100 pingers.

cl_updaterate 100
    cl_cmdrate 100
    rate 30000

---> this is something that every player should type into their console.
    ---> default rates are just terribad.

I use this rate set also but unfortunately 90% of the servers you will find are set up to use 66tick, set updaterate to 101 and cmdrate to 100, this way it will cap at whatever the server has to offer or limited too.

Set them in your autoexec.cfg, If the server is running 100tick, be aware that you need 100 frames per second to use 100tick, or it will drop accordingly to your framerate, which will result in a disadvantage verses the other players in the server.
  • ExedolExedol Senior
    This is probably my worst island experience.
    Ever had an entire army of archers on Island decide to break the game and attack one of the two teams? It's not a pretty sight. Even if they are bad archers they will still annihilate everything as both teams always rush out at the beginning unsuspecting.
    So basically.. there's so many projectiles in the air so that there's no way to dodge or block them all and that's just arrows.. when they decide to use crossbows and specials, hurrah! We got ourselves a butchery. No shield gonna save you from a special. Berserkers won't stand a chance vs this since they don't have a shield to block about 3 or 5 arrows or so..
    But what if the knights decided to break the game on pirates? They don't have shields!
    I think a class limit solves this problem but I doubt anyone here wants that.
    Mass archers nearly always kills the game in booty and trinket wars.
    Well, instead of removing specials from certain gamemodes I would just increase damage needed to fill the special bar by x1.75. Specials are not "specials", many fights end as soon as one of the fighters will get special. This is really visible when you play a skirmisher in fashion how it is supposed to played (I mean quick strikes from behind and flanks, intercepting enemy attackers when they are en-route to your base, tactical kegging from unsuspected places, stealing booty and hiding it, cutlass kiting etc.). You gain specials ultra fast, and they are capable of killing 3 people in a hallway.

Exedol, the amount of archers is not the problem, the problem is their walking speed. They can easily outrun gestirs, huscarls, captains. If they know what they are doing they can outrun a zerker. Skirmishers are not problem due to their low hp , which is not a problem for "godly"aim of some people.

• KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    Hrm, isn't PVK2 only able to use one processor? I remember being able to type a command to force to use more, making a much greater experience, but would soon crash afterwards.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• Dark AukDark Auk Senior
    Gestirs. They annoy me soooo much. There is almost no way I have found to counter them with any existing classes.
  • SquirrelSquirrel Senior
    edited January 2012
    Usually cmdrate and updaterate are set automatically by the server, so there's no real need to alter those. Whatever the serves sets is fine because that way they'll be the same for everyone. Also, like Trojan said; if it doesn't set them automatically you can just manually have them capped.

I find the real issue to be the rate command. It's usually set automatically at least once, but it can be changed to pretty much whatever the player prefers. If the servers would enforce rates on every player this wouldn't be as much of an issue. Ping will still come to play of course, but there's not much one can do about that other than setting a ping limit. After all, it's an inevitable issue for online gaming.

Maybe it's just best to leave the rates unaltered. Either way I've also found 30'000 to be a good value to go from. If I recall correctly, that's what my rates were before I even bothered with checking.
  • eggzoreggzor Senior
    standard rates all day nigga
    QUOTE (Squirrel @ Jan 1 2012, 02:52 PM) »
    Usually cmdrate and updaterate are set automatically by the server, so there's no real need to alter those. Whatever the serves sets is fine because that way they'll be the same for everyone.

Not exactly, because if the server owner hasn't changed them the default values for those are incorrect. (sv_maxupdaterate defaults to 60, for example)

QUOTE (Exedol @ Jan 1 2012, 08:30 AM) »
    This is probably my worst island experience.
    Ever had an entire army of archers on Island decide to break the game and attack one of the two teams? It's not a pretty sight. Even if they are bad archers they will still annihilate everything as both teams always rush out at the beginning unsuspecting.
    So basically.. there's so many projectiles in the air so that there's no way to dodge or block them all and that's just arrows.. when they decide to use crossbows and specials, hurrah! We got ourselves a butchery. No shield gonna save you from a special. Berserkers won't stand a chance vs this since they don't have a shield to block about 3 or 5 arrows or so..
    But what if the knights decided to break the game on pirates? They don't have shields!
    I think a class limit solves this problem but I doubt anyone here wants that.
    Mass archers nearly always kills the game in booty and trinket wars.

That happens on ~every round of island ever. Also worth noting that an archer can kill a berserker nearly instantly with arrow>crossbow>special

Class limits would indeed be unpopular

• ExedolExedol Senior
    On EVERY ROUND?
    Geez.. I don't know man. I find it hard to believe that it happens on a full server (24 players) that all 8 players decide to go for one team at the start... On what server does this happen? I mean something like this happens rarely. It's common for like from 2 to 4 guys attack one of the two teams.. but a whole team, man.
    And that's why I said army.. not squad..
    biggrin.gif
  • Senior
    The problem doesn't lie so much within the archers, but rather in the design of the viking base exit. If there were 2 passages (think pirate-viking) then it would be much easier for viks. The passages should face different directions though
    Every between-base route has 1 chokepoint that forks off on either side of it
  • Senior
    <!--quoteo(post=234260:date=Jan 2 2012, 11:36 AM:name=Hei
    Throwing axes are also a huge help in working your way through trolling knights. Pirates are rarely an issue with the chokepoints except for when they keg, and the pirate-viking chokepoint is the most open of the three
  • BanokBanok Senior
    what the fridge is all this rates shirley? sounds like cheating to me. editing someshirley to give yourself an advantage? how is that different to hacking?
  • eggzoreggzor Senior
    QUOTE (Banok @ Jan 3 2012, 02:46 AM) »
    what the fridge is all this rates shirley? sounds like cheating to me. editing someshirley to give yourself an advantage? how is that different to hacking?

the idea of changing ur rates is not to give urself an advantage just to get rid of lags/fps drops. but seems in pvk those two things are the same thing.
  • edited January 2012
    yeah, perhaps there should be a walkable platform that starts near the bridge in the water and goes all around the rocks and skybox to the platform in the water next to the food. That would make ambushing on the archers much easier.
    Or have the cave go through the waterfall even more, through the wall that comes out at beginning of the path to the knights ( near the food stalls, inside )

Only cons would be that Knights ussually never go down into the cave to defend from the incoming vikings at the start of the round, making it easier for the viks to get the chests.
  • ExedolExedol Senior
    edited January 2012

the idea of changing ur rates is not to give urself an advantage just to get rid of lags/fps drops. but seems in pvk those two things are the same thing.

Personally it is my opinion that doing the correct rates 30000/100/100 will not give you the advantage but rather at a disadvantage. Since it is your hitboxes that it fixes not the enemies.
    For me... me changing my rates hasn't fixed people hitting me from way too far.
    Of course you can "cheat" with this and lower your rates and play like a 400 pinger but I can't imagine any sane person who'd want to play a laggy pvk to give himself an advantage.
    Believe me, I saw a few.

• BanokBanok Senior
    sorry, but its not right at all that you can edit this stuff. other games will ban you for it.
  • SquirrelSquirrel Senior
    Changing your rates does affect other players as well. Non-registered hits and PP at full charge come with the altering of other players' rates that directly affect the opponents' gameplay. Longer range and more effective hits affect your own gameplay.

One shouldn't need to change the rates in order to play without restraint, but it has come to be almost something of a necessity on servers where lag is a general issue. Few servers are good enough to actually let you leave your rates unaltered simply because gameplay is close to or already optimized.

Fighting on the same terms will never be possible in online gaming, but one might as well try to get as close as possible. Having the same rates as everyone else is a great way to start.
    QUOTE (Banok @ Jan 4 2012, 10:15 PM) »
    sorry, but its not right at all that you can edit this stuff. other games will ban you for it.

It has nothing to do with pvkii, it's purely source engine. If you want to rebuild the game on a new game engine, go hard.

That being said, there isn't a single server that enforces rates properly