Future Game Modes

Comments

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited 3:53AM
    You know Aroth I was thinkin that too hah, but this would mean more control points until one team has enough to win. If set like an underground chamber map then the next control point could be randomized. I havent played tf2 in so long, but yea there are striking similarities.

It can be done as push ok, but what if it's done as an entirely new gamemode? The concept is a lot like te_, but what I'm trying to get at is randomizing the location of it so players have to adapt and there is more reward for reaching the obj. Once a team wins won they receive a boost to help them go to the next one. It could be called King and pawns ha!

Co-Lead | Level Designer

• KNUDA.knatchKNUDA.knatch Senior
    this talk of duel modes make me think of jedi knight outcast back in the day...aw sigh. it was great fun tho, might be a little twitchy for pvk but worth a try?
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    QUOTE (Lhorkan @ Nov 30 2011, 03:08 AM) »
    I don't think the dueling can be done, but what the Colonel suggested is definitely doable as objective push.

I was thinking of a game lobby where two players have to enter a trigger to be teleported to one of several arenas.
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    QUOTE (J-co @ Nov 30 2011, 08:37 PM) »
    I was thinking of a game lobby where two players have to enter a trigger to be teleported to one of several arenas.

Yeah that could be done, the area could be a big arena divided into several chambers. There would be a seats area around the whole thing like in lts_arena where the players originally spawn (a no attack zone) from where they can look to all the chambers. They could choose what chamber to teleport into from there; the winner stays, gets to fill up on health, armor and ammo (from a separate small chamber in the actual duelling area that only opens when one of the two dies and closes again when a new challenger enters the room) and either waits for a new challenger to enter the room or exits the room back to the seats to pick a new opponent himself.
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    QUOTE (Lhorkan @ Dec 1 2011, 12:49 AM) »
    Yeah that could be done, the area could be a big arena divided into several chambers. There would be a seats area around the whole thing like in lts_arena where the players originally spawn (a no attack zone) from where they can look to all the chambers. They could choose what chamber to teleport into from there; the winner stays, gets to fill up on health, armor and ammo (from a separate small chamber in the actual duelling area that only opens when one of the two dies and closes again when a new challenger enters the room) and either waits for a new challenger to enter the room or exits the room back to the seats to pick a new opponent himself.

Maybe rather make it lts and everyone gets a duell each round so that the winner does not greet the new enemy with a special each time
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    QUOTE (J-co @ Dec 2 2011, 02:32 AM) »
    Maybe rather make it lts and everyone gets a duell each round so that the winner does not greet the new enemy with a special each time

Oh yeah didn't think about the specials.

In any case, I won't be making a duel map; I hate duels (because I suck at them) and have enough dragony stuff on my plate anyway. icon_yarrpirate.gif

dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • edited December 2011
    QUOTE (Lhorkan @ Dec 1 2011, 09:49 AM) »

I did something similiar for the clantraining for TBR a while back ago, i made it something similiar to Deathrun(CSS) where one of my members would be pirate and he would push the button to open the next gate and to get the hidden stash of food/armour avaible for the winner so he could move on etc. The use of specials would also be a problem, its easy this way to make it but not really recommended on public servers,
  • Goodguy3Goodguy3 Senior
    QUOTE (Major Chulain @ Dec 2 2011, 07:16 AM) »
    I did something similiar for the clantraining for TBR a while back ago, i made it something similiar to Deathrun(CSS) . . .

On that note I'd love to see a Deathrun map. . The trappers could be vikings, and the runners could be pirates locked to skirmishers, and they could start with one full special they could use to try to lunge past traps. .
    QUOTE (Damnstraight @ February 17 2009, 08:08 PM)
    Suck up less, or at least make it less obvious.

QUOTE (dinahCannon @ Feb 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
    If that's realistic, I'm Jesus.
  • anemoneanemone Senior
    capture the flag..... n... NO

that is what booty is for...

some rowdy viking isnt gonna give no shirleys about some rag....
    casper.s2

kinship is open for boarding,

sign the board and let flotsam become .s2

http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=12155

the uncurstable; the untouchable— alliance, coalition, syndicate, kinfolks.... coterie

s2 'You'
  • QUOTE (anemone @ Dec 2 2011, 05:00 PM) »
    capture the flag..... n... NO

that is what booty is for...

some rowdy viking isnt gonna give no shirleys about some rag....

A real viking would never refuse a challange because that would mean he is weak.

But still, that's what booty is for.
    Guaranteed idioticy since 1995.
    Cry some more.
    Capture the Kingdom biggrin.gif

Co-Lead | Level Designer

• Uncle PeatUncle Peat Senior
    good idea
    Spear.
    Survive The Clan!

Reskin each class, have the bots attack everyone, and make them cum in wavves.

Co-Lead | Level Designer

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Spacebattles! Ships in the forms of frigates that shoot lazers!

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• Dark AukDark Auk Senior
    For those still confused about Relic, it sounds like the Assault gamemode from the Halo series.

As for a survival gamemode, how about some undead? All three living factions must work together (no team balance required) to slay thier undead counterparts.

Zombies
    Undead Of: Pirates
    Eye Color: Green
    Weapons: Bare hands/hooks.
    Weakness: Piercing damage, bashing damage.
    Resistance: Cutting damage, immune to poison.
    Tactics: Make up for their weak attacks by swarming the living; each zombie class has a different 'abililty'.
    Un-Skirmy: Sometimes lights a keg and go kamikaze, becoming a homing time bomb.
    Un-Captain: Unleashes zombie parrot.
    Un-Sharpshooter: Drops ammo powerup upon death.
    Un-Freebooter: Chance of applying poison upon attack.
    Un-'Ealer: Uses 'slap'.
    Un-Buccaneer: ???

Draugr
    Undead Of: Vikings
    Eye Color: Blue
    Weapons: Lawnmower, Throwing Axe, Langseax + Shield, Seax, Rune of Storm, Sword + Shield.
    Weakness: Explosive damage, cutting damage.
    Resistance: Bashing damage, piercing damage.
    Tactics: Rush the living with a barrage of melee attacks.

Vampires
    Undead Of: Knights
    Eye Color: Red
    Weapons: Greatsword, Butterknife, Halberd, Stilletto, Staff, 2H Flail.
    Weakness: Piercing damage, cutting damage.
    Resistance: Explosive damage, bashing damage, can't go within 77 meters of a Cleric using 'prayer'.
    Tactics: Intellegently attacks and parries during battle, regenerates 50% of the damage they inflict on the living.

/overkill
  • kordalingkordaling PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Are you guys still working on different game mods ? good old CTF sounds more than interesting.
    Booty is more of an alternate CTF aka a game like Stones from camp :P

It would stand out if it is capture the relic or something.

Co-Lead | Level Designer

• PerspectivePerspective Senior
    I would suggest the lord not carrying musical instrument but instead have a warcry ability or have an inspiring aura of some sort that does not stack.

holding mousebutton to make the a lord play dem drumz seems a little off
  • DrauliusDraulius Banned
    edited June 2012
    Capture the Wench. You score a point every time you carry the wench back to base, and can bash people with the wench.

Apologies if this idea has already been mentioned.
  • simumsimum Senior

I would suggest the lord not carrying musical instrument but instead have a warcry ability or have an inspiring aura of some sort that does not stack.

holding mousebutton to make the a lord play dem drumz seems a little off

They should work like the soldier's buff banners in TF2 IMO, you press the button, it plays a short animarion with the instrument and then buffs all nearby allies.

Also, a CTF mode sounds like a good idea if there was only one flag that all three teams should fight for or something. It'd kind of be a combination of booty and the grail mode.
    Wonder if the drums could actually be the lords special attack, but then he'd have to rely on teammates for it to be any potent. But as you say if it was like the buff banner then the lord would be buffed as well, in that case I can see this as a very plausible lord special!

signatureopaquesmall.png

• PerspectivePerspective Senior
    simum wrote:

They should work like the soldier's buff banners in TF2 IMO, you press the button, it plays a short animarion with the instrument and then buffs all nearby allies.

Also, a CTF mode sounds like a good idea if there was only one flag that all three teams should fight for or something. It'd kind of be a combination of booty and the grail mode.

yeah sure. I only meant that a lord should not be a musician.
  • simumsimum Senior
    Denshin wrote:

Wonder if the drums could actually be the lords special attack, but then he'd have to rely on teammates for it to be any potent. But as you say if it was like the buff banner then the lord would be buffed as well, in that case I can see this as a very plausible lord special!

That could actually work very well, I'm just wondering how the captain would work then, maybe they could just change his special or give him two or something.

yeah sure. I only meant that a lord should not be a musician.

I agree, that would easily become very boring.
  • PeykoPeyko Senior
    edited June 2012
    These game modes sounds so awesome! Especially Slay the Dragon! :) :icon_knight:
    Capture The Cow?

Co-Lead | Level Designer

knights need the leather
    vikings want the beef
    pirates want uurh.. the bell or something.

signatureopaquesmall.png

• simumsimum Senior

Capture The Cow?

Explosive cows
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    Tip The Explosive Cow.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    Fetchez la vache!

signatureopaquesmall.png

• JoshikumakoJoshikumako Senior
    Slay the Rabbit (player controlled rabbit)
    Mi1zkf9.gif