An idiot is crashing my server with his stupid cock script

edited October 2011 in Bugs/Support
what a son of a bitch
Today, a cw between Tlod and Tbr. I hosted and there was this guy called "Epicturtle".

He was annoying so i gagged him first, but he rejoined and he threat me by making my server crash, so i banned him perm.

Some minutes later, server crashed.
He was writing to Perspective and he send me that.

The server is down and i cant run it anymore, thanks epicfalcon.

His profile : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013267823/

His steamID: STEAM_0:1:26501047

I also got his ip : http://isc.sans.edu/ipinfo.html?ip=83.249.7.159

|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: bad call by lego
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: bad bad bad
тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: haha
тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: xD
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: give me 2 mins
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: and the server will go down faster then a bowling ball
тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: ....right
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: random server crahs last time?
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: my ass
тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: pretty random
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: yeah
тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: 2 mins are gone
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: im not god sry
тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: yeah you were just pretending lol
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: you got me!
тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: smile.gif
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: wow it was alot more easy last time
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: I mean
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: i'm eating ice cream
тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: ha ok
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: urgh
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: needed to redownload it
тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: "ok" stop pretending dude you aint fooling anyone tongue.gif
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: ok
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: i will stop pretending
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: umm
тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: |♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: plus I wana see my old clan win lol
|♦NG♦| EpicTurtle: just tell him to unban me and dont even fridgeing dare to do it again

So, what now? Any idea how to stop him?

Comments

• PerspectivePerspective Senior
    edited 4:32AM
    confirming!
  • edited 4:32AM
    in addition to that :

тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: he said something about your teamspeak server
    тℓσ∂ ★ | Perspective: so gotta watch out for that
    Do you host on your own machine or rent the gameserver?
    I rent a server
    I confirm this, he managed to get our server crashed twice, while we were having a clanwar.
    1.) He's probably DDOSing you. Your server goes instantly down as soon as he starts. On your own machine you could use netstat and other tools to monitor your traffic. If you rent a gameserver, I'd suggest open a ticket and let your serverprovider check the traffic for your gameserver. They could easily confirm such an attack.

2.) If it's DDOS (what I think it is), you can't really do anything...I don't think your serverprovider offers protection, since it's costing a lot of money. But you could talk to them and maybe they find an appropriate solution for you.
    That sucks, really.

I just wrote a letter to my serverprovider. Ill wait until the confirm this and send this to steam. I hope they can do anything against him, i cant afford this DDOS prtoection.
  • edited October 2011
    Now he changed his nickname and set his profile to private...strange..

A friend of me suggest me to use a script on my server to avoid flooding.

[TBR] Haze: schreib deinen provider einfach an
    [TBR] Haze: er soll udp und tcp floods verhindern
    [TBR] Haze: # UDP-Flood verhindern:
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 27015:27800 -m length --length 0:39 -j DROP

# TCP-Flood unterbinden
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 27015:28000 -m hashlimit --hashlimit-upto 1/sec --hashlimit-burst 2 --hashlimit-mode srcip,dstip,dstport --hashlimit-name TF_PACKET_LIMIT -j ACCEPT
    [TBR] Haze: oder i ein script suchen dass zuviele anfragen von einer ip sperrt
    iG | ^Lego: wtf

Do you know how this works? God damn, i hate this hacker stuff.
  • R-PhoenixR-Phoenix Simpering Beggar Senior
    The only thing I can do with my knowledge to help you is, if he's italian, to look for him and beat him. Ny the way I think he'll grow tired in the worst case.
    I'm Resurrected Phoenix, #1 Europe HEIÐRIK KONG Fan and Founder of European-Canadian Alliance.
    sjdhfklsdf.png
  • edited October 2011
    hehe^^
  • anemoneanemone Senior
    this is pretty bad dude, just unban him.

I don't see anyone having respect for a person like that.... ever
    casper.s2

kinship is open for boarding,

sign the board and let flotsam become .s2

http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=12155

the uncurstable; the untouchable— alliance, coalition, syndicate, kinfolks.... coterie

s2 'You'
  • PerspectivePerspective Senior
    QUOTE (anemone @ Oct 31 2011, 09:01 AM) »
    this is pretty bad dude, just unban him.

I don't see anyone having respect for a person like that.... ever

Dont unban him you are giving in to terrorists acts.

You need to set an example and counter strike!

• edited October 2011
    Yea right, I will never unban him. Ill try the opposite ..just with all servers and games :3

-EDIT: CAN NOT RUN THE SERVER BECAUSE THE WHOLE CFG. FILE IS MISSING, HE ATTACKED MY SERVER..

Now i got my server up again and he joined.

Here is the screenshot of my screenlog, another proof i think.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85/hackerarschloch.png/
  • gheedgheed Banned
    This thread.

/facepalm
    Good day to you partner! I'm Gheed and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. A spare weapon, some gold, a small gem is all I want in exchange for the equipment you'll need on whatever quests you might undertake. Now, now, now... Don't be shy, all of my items are guaranteed for life and come with a two-day warranty!

10975376-cupid420-banner.jpg

{R} | 24/7 Arena/Cathedral [HLStatsX|Chicago]: 69.28.220.10:27015 * Gentlemen's Club [Island|24/7|Mature|HLStatsX|NYC]: 69.90.34.171:27015 * Slammin Butt Pirates CUSTOM|FASTDL: 216.6.224.138:27015 * iG | Trinket Wars [EU]: 84.246.125.35:27900
  • bERt0rbERt0r Senior
    edited November 2011
    A DOS attack against a server provider is a crime, yes even in sweden. If you got his ip and proof, sue the kid.
    From June 1, 2007, Sweden bans all website attacks, like DoS attacks. Sweden calls it a crime to program computers to automatically click on the same page thousands of times. This comes in response to the attacks on the Swedish national police website and other government websites. Attackers can be found guilty and receive up to 2 years in prison. The new law declares both automatic and manual DoS attacks illegal. Prosecutors will have to show the court that the attack was of criminal intent and that it was intended to damage a computer system. Simply trying to launch an attack is also to be considered criminal act.

edit: whoops quoted the wrong passage of "UK AND SWEDEN ENACT LAWS AGAINST CYBER CRIMES"
    Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes, somthing to something, Yaarrrrrgh!
    I be pro grammar!
  • anemoneanemone Senior
    I was thinking more unban him, so THEN you can do naughty things to his bumhole and everyone join in smile.gif could make a day of it
    casper.s2

the uncurstable; the untouchable— alliance, coalition, syndicate, kinfolks.... coterie

s2 'You'
  • LucasLucas Walter White Members
    Do you release a murderer from jail if he plead to?
    Tschoppo wrote:

hello dear, said banana pie, but all of a sudden it came to life.
  • anemoneanemone Senior
    If he is being treated better than he should be... .. depends what you are 'releasing him into'....

banning this guy is no punishment
    casper.s2

s2 'You'
  • James RamirezJames Ramirez Senior
    QUOTE (bERt0r @ Nov 1 2011, 09:19 AM) »
    A DOS attack against a server provider is a crime, yes even in sweden. If you got his ip and proof, sue the kid.

edit: whoops quoted the wrong passage of "UK AND SWEDEN ENACT LAWS AGAINST CYBER CRIMES"

Lawsuits like this will never prevail. There's no way to prove it's him, if he's DDoSing (Distributed, i.e multiple bots/sources) and not DoSing there's almost no way to prove it's him, and if he ever felt threatened he could just botkill his entire net and remove any evidence or proof.

Since it's actually effecting the server, it's not just his connection (DoS). You're pretty much at a stand still here until he gets bored and moves along.
    Don't unban him though, that just causes him to have control over your admins and create more drama. Just wait, he'll get bored when he sees you're not giving in.
    Yes, you can just wait and hope for him to stop. Well, there are a few other ways, but they involve a bit of technical knowledge and aren't that promising.

You could probably never prove that the mentioned guy DDoS'ed you, but you still know it was him. You could follow him - step by step. Take all his steam aliases, check his screenshots, ask around, find his friends, check the games he plays, get any possible information and collect it; google his nicknames (if they are any special) and include any of the collected (personal) information to achieve the best results and "find your guy". See if he hosts himself or shared any information on the internet - even if it happened years ago.

Try to find out a way to hurt him.

Still, this

• costs you a lot of time,
    • doesn't make sure you get the results you want and
    • isn't that legal if you want some payback.
  • anemoneanemone Senior
    Well at least unban him and then go in under an anonymous name and gag then ban him again and change his name to penis pony.
    casper.s2

s2 'You'
  • anemoneanemone Senior
    Well at least unban him and then go in under an anonymous name and gag then ban him again and change his name to penis pony.
    casper.s2

s2 'You'
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    QUOTE (Enzo @ Nov 2 2011, 11:09 PM) »
    Try to find out a way to hurt him.

Quite the people person, here
    <!--quoteo(post=231695:date=Nov 3 2011, 06:55 AM:name=Hei
    QUOTE (Enzo @ Nov 3 2011, 12:07 AM) »
    Atleast some more content than the usual "QFT". Keep posting and one day you'll maybe find yourself writing a full page - or atleast a half. icon_yarrpirate.gif

Enzo lead community manager 2012
    You're young and it's getting old. I'm spending my time here quoting and responding to you and all you give me is a post with the same content over and over again. Do I not deserve some fresh and juicy troll post? You're acting like this is some daily routine, but you should write something that really lets me feel all the anger and frustration you build up by living your life everyday. Post something that makes you feel better later on. I just want to help you, but I can't if you're not going to let me.
  • Trojan•CliniqueTrojan•Clinique Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous. Senior
    December 25th 2011

• gheedgheed Banned
    edited November 2011
    I wonder if we spammed HawtKoffee's inbox with complaints about Heidrik like he did to me if HawtKoffee would give him a month ban. And lol @ Trojan, you act as if Mayday or Heidrik are popular or something.

Hahahaha. JUSTIN BIEBERS MOMS EAGER BEAVER GIVIN ME A BIEBER BRAIN FEVER!

/thread
    Good day to you partner! I'm Gheed and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. A spare weapon, some gold, a small gem is all I want in exchange for the equipment you'll need on whatever quests you might undertake. Now, now, now... Don't be shy, all of my items are guaranteed for life and come with a two-day warranty!

10975376-cupid420-banner.jpg

{R} | 24/7 Arena/Cathedral [HLStatsX|Chicago]: 69.28.220.10:27015 * Gentlemen's Club [Island|24/7|Mature|HLStatsX|NYC]: 69.90.34.171:27015 * Slammin Butt Pirates CUSTOM|FASTDL: 216.6.224.138:27015 * iG | Trinket Wars [EU]: 84.246.125.35:27900
    lol
    QUOTE (Enzo @ Nov 3 2011, 02:41 PM) »
    You're young and it's getting old. I'm spending my time here quoting and responding to you and all you give me is a post with the same content over and over again. Do I not deserve some fresh and juicy troll post? You're acting like this is some daily routine, but you should write something that really lets me feel all the anger and frustration you build up by living your life everyday. Post something that makes you feel better later on. I just want to help you, but I can't if you're not going to let me.

All you do is rage hard at me for no reason, it started because you couldn't kill in in game and just built up to you being a lil' tit all the time. Why should I go for your bait?
This discussion has been closed.