Application for Community Manager

Application for Community Manager

Name: Enzo
Nickname: Enzo the Sword
Steam Profile: EnzotheSword
Languages: German/English

Short History
I don't exactly remember the date of my first time playing PVKII, but I know this video reminds me of that time. The "pvk_fort" map was my favorite one back then. Somewhere between 2007 and 2008, I'd say.

What I could do
I'd like to work in this forum aswell as in others to do work for public relations.

Other fields of work could include to keep the wiki clean, bringing in own ideas to achieve certain goals like a community growth or helping with various tasks to decrease the overall workload for the PVKII team.

Why I'm applying
Unlike wiki-spamming online pharmacies, I'm not after enlarging penises, but more interested in enlarging the community for the only mod I've ever fallen in love with.

Furthermore, I want to train my social skills by working in a team that is organized more professionally than the average gaming community. Maybe I'm able to learn a few things from the leading community managers, such as Crazytalk and Bingo Bango.

Final statement
If you have any questions, please post them in here or contact me via PM/Steam.

Since this application might not include all the information that has been discussed in the forums, you may also refer to this thread: Reviving PVKII together with the community

A few parts of the text are also intended to make it sound "less monotonous". (For the lolz wink.gif)

Comments

• I approve this. Other devs are working on coding and modeling, we need a person who doesn't code nor model, but takes care of the community.
    Guaranteed idioticy since 1995.
    Cry some more.
  • .sverek.sverek PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited September 2011
    Forums are not very good place for community managers. It's very narrow and it smells horribly (like trolls cave?) If you love banning stupid people, it might good place for you smile.gif

I'd image your places would be more like steam community, moddb, http://halflife2.filefront.com/, etc...
    If you don't know moddb, I strongly suggest to get well known to it. It's a gate to modding community and where people appreciate modding, instead of screaming for next patch.

QUOTE (Captain of The Chalk Ship @ Oct 1 2011, 04:27 AM) »
    I approve this. Other devs are working on coding and modeling, we need a person who doesn't code nor model, but takes care of the community.

Mr.Peepeewilson?
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    edited 5:20AM
    I don't understand how this could even be a position.
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    Violent Crimes is actually a Community Manager for ZPS, on their developers list.

On a sidenote, what type/category of a developer does the team need the most at the moment as I know a few contacts who may be interested in working for PVKII.
    2v2z7rr.jpg
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    I'd like to see more mappers.
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    biggrin.gif layouts comin right up!

Co-Lead | Level Designer

• edited October 2011
    I really appreciate the posts concerning the application. Every feedback is good feeback, I'd say. Ofcourse, in the end the team decides whether this position is a good idea or not. But it still feels good to have core members posting in here.

But please don't use this thread to start random offtopic discussions. It's not only a matter of respect to not spam one's thread, but also important to keep things in order. If you want to post a mapper application, create your own thread or start a general discussion. I'd then also post my opinion in there.
  • LucasLucas Walter White Members
    Peepee mean sad.gif
    Tschoppo wrote:

hello dear, said banana pie, but all of a sudden it came to life.
    QUOTE (Lucas the Gestir @ Oct 2 2011, 12:55 AM) »
    Peepee mean sad.gif

it's his job.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    QUOTE (Enzo @ Oct 1 2011, 03:02 PM) »
    But please don't use this thread to start random offtopic discussions. It's not only a matter of respect to not spam one's thread, but also important to keep things in order. If you want to post a mapper application, create your own thread or start a general discussion.

How ironic
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • PJIIIPJIII Axe-Wielding Nun PVKII Team, Applicant
    Why are we giving this guy so much flack? He's, as far as I can tell, only being professional about this. If he wants to help promote, as per his original suggestion, then I don't see any harm in that.
  • MiggogMiggog PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Yeah, give this guy a change. He has verbal talent, which could be beneficial if directed the right way, and motivation.

Dunno if there are any people on the team who focus their whole work on just PR stuff and promoting the mod. That's actually the one thing this mod needs above all.
    lego_sig250_v3_zps09b6104b.jpg
    edited October 2011
    I'm not sure why my reply is being considered mean. It was a direct response to Paladin's question. If you want to make a good impression on your app, overreacting to something so trite is not a good idea. Especially if your intended function would be to interface with external PR outlets and attract new players.

Enzo, PM Bingo Bango, or add him on Steam. PR has mostly been his business for quite some time.
  • edited October 2011
    QUOTE (Peepeewilson @ Oct 3 2011, 04:51 PM) »
    I'm not sure why my reply is being considered mean. It was a direct response to Paladin's question.

No problem, you already told me that. I'm fine with it.

If you want to make a good impression on your app, overreacting to something so trite is not a good idea. Especially if your intended function would be to interface with external PR outlets and attract new players.

But at the moment I'm talking to the team and not doing any PR work. Please keep this in mind.

I thought the team was atleast a bit serious about my application. I certainly was. Ofcourse I get frustrated when devs randomly start to discuss other topics in here. I don't only want to leave a good impression - much more important is to leave an honest one.

Taking your position and provoking such a reaction, only to hit back on me, isn't mature at all.

Enzo, PM Bingo Bango, or add him on Steam. PR has mostly been his business for quite some time.

I will PM him, but I don't like the idea of taking this application/discussion elsewhere. It would exclude the rest of the team.
    edited October 2011
    QUOTE (Enzo @ Oct 3 2011, 12:22 PM) »
    No problem, you already told me that. I'm fine with it.

Taking your position and provoking such a reaction, only to hit back on me, isn't mature at all.

You mocked me here after I clarified my initial response when you questioned me on Steam. I like you, Enzo, but you're digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole you don't want to be in. There's no better place to put your skills on display than your own application thread. Showing the capacity to fuel petty arguments such as ours is not a quality I'd like to see in someone who deals with the media.

I suggest you bury it, and get in contact with the person I've instructed you to.

Good luck.
  • edited 5:20AM
    I can only repeat the last sentence you quoted. I don't see any arguments, more some kind of discussion in here. I simply don't share your opinion. And I don't care what you'd like to see, since you don't want to see any community managers at all. It's ok, you made yourself clear about that. If you're willing to change your view on that topic, we could easily further discuss the tasks of a CM and whether I am the right person for that position or not.

(Side note: If my posts in here are able to tell you about my PR skills, then what does your first offtopic post tell me about your skills as an admin? Let's finish this discussion. We should both leave our holes. tongue.gif )
  • Bingo BangoBingo Bango one-eyed willy PVKII Team
    Will you girls cease your bickering? Squabbling with team members isn't the greatest way to start off an application to join the team, especially one that requires excellent people management skills. The dev team is a community of its own as well, really.

QUOTE (Enzo @ Oct 3 2011, 05:22 PM) »
    I will PM him, but I don't like the idea of taking this application/discussion elsewhere. It would exclude the rest of the team.

Nope! It won't, we've got a private forum where applicants get their own threads for whatever test assignment we give them.

I'm waiting on your PM.
    I added you on Steam, since I don't know what exactly you want me to put into my PM.
  • Teh_SuxTeh_Sux Senior
    QUOTE (Bingo Bango @ Oct 3 2011, 03:36 PM) »
    Nope! It won't, we've got a private forum where applicants get their own threads for whatever test assignment we give them.

I knew it! I knew it existed and it has finally been confirmed.
    I have learned my lesson at last and may have a real forum signature thanks to the kind mercy of Bingo Bango
    After talking to Bingo Bango, I'd like to take back my application. There are several reasons, including the current lack of activity and professionalism in community work. I already pointed out that the community itself is the most important part of a mod. After complaining about it, I tried to improve things by becoming a part of the team. I'm sorry that it didn't work out too well, since the devs were either not really interested in filling/creating a CM position or couldn't give me any application test/date.

If you make up your mind and still want me to help out, you may send me a PM with further instructions.

Thanks for your time,

Enzo
  • And people wonder why this mod has so small playerbase. There is one person who tries to manage the community and find ways to increase it and such, and devs are not interested.
    Guaranteed idioticy since 1995.
    Cry some more.
    edited October 2011
    If he really wanted to increase community or share his positive experience about PVKII on other sites, blogs, forums, chat, irc, etc... he'd done in already.

You don't have to be on team to do it. Everybody can write post on moddb and it will make on front page as news. If there something he done and there were positive community(not only PVKII forums) feedback regarding his work, he would be on PVKII team by now.

If there something you done and it has positive effect on PVKII and there clear result of it, you'll realize PVKII team has more interest in you, than you in PVKII team.

Easy as that. You do and provide result or you end up doing nothing.