Combining Entity Classes

edited 4:20AM in Community Maps
Would it be possible to combine entity classes such as func_breakable and phys_object (or whatever it's called) to make an object that moves around and can be destroyed?

Comments

• SkirmisherSkirmisher Senior
    edited 4:20AM
    Yeah, I think there's a few things in PVKII with that already.

There's those 3 small boxes near the Pirate's gate entrance to the Knight's base in Island, those can be moved and are smashable as well. I just can't remember any more. lol
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    it´s completely possible.. design3.com has very good tutorials about creatin stuff like these but you´d have to pay for it

slugsig.jpg

• MasonMason Senior
    func_physbox I believe it's called.
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    edited March 2011
    Take ether a func_brakeable or a func_physbox_multiplayer and use the Parent veriable.

Place the name of ether of the following entitys in the parrent variable.

A func_door for (side to side movement.)
    A func_rotator for (moving in a circule)
    Or
    Build path tracks For controled random movements. and Parent to the track_train entity.
    (this one can get tricky when simulating randomness.)
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    QUOTE (Skirmisher @ Mar 8 2011, 10:06 PM) »
    Yeah, I think there's a few things in PVKII with that already.

There's those 3 small boxes near the Pirate's gate entrance to the Knight's base in Island, those can be moved and are smashable as well. I just can't remember any more. lol

those arnt controled movents.
    There just prop_physics_respawnable with the "variable" set to "Damaging doesnt push it." No

I think BeansPants meant Physical Objects.. as he says he want to combine breakable and phy

slugsig.jpg

• kow75kow75 Senior
    In that case just use
    for props = prop_phys_respawnable
    for brush based objects = parent func_brakeable to func_physbox
  • edited 4:20AM
    I'll see what happens. Basically parenting entities together acts as two than? I never learned about how to use parenting.
    you can even make a normal prop_physics and set health and gibs and tadaaaa you´ve got a breakable phys-object

slugsig.jpg

• DJkow75DJkow75 Senior
    QUOTE (ミズゴロ @ Mar 9 2011, 10:49 AM) »
    I'll see what happens. Basically parenting entities together acts as two than? I never learned about how to use parenting.

No it acts as 1.
    It creats a high archy. You pick what is the primary entity that is moving and the rest will follow excatly the same way as if they are both the same object.