Frostbite crashing

FinlordFinlord Senior
edited 1:35PM in Bugs/Support
I dont know if anyone else have this problem but always when I try to play Frostbite my pvk crashes. Sometimes almost instantly and sometimes in 5 minutes. This issue came with 2.4 patch.

I have WinXP 32, Amd athlon +6000 x2, 2gb ram and ATI radeon HD 5770.

Comments

• .sverek.sverek PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited 1:35PM
    I think map wasn't touched. All same.

See if you crash on other maps and get MDMP.
  • GourdainGourdain Senior
    Of course it was touched! How else did it update to trinket wars! Don't be ludicrous.
    Gourdain the guardian!
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    I dont think that it crash because shaders when other maps works whitout problem.

Where I can find that MDMP?
  • .sverek.sverek PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited January 2011
    Steam\steamapps\xxx\pirates, vikings, and knights ii

will have description as "Crash Dump File" and named something like this "hl2_4104_crash_2011_1_6T8_54_48C0"

but again, I think there probably something with hardware or software. However I can't say much before CrackaPolly or Akz check it.
  • JahhurJahhur PVKII Team
    Is there any specific areas that crash the game? The ice tunnels used to cause crashing when I first made them, but making them less detailed fixed that. Maybe there is still something fishy going on in them...
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    I uploaded my MDMP here: http://www.paste.fi/file/12945767431898

I think most of crashes happens near the ice tunnels but it crashes other places too.
  • JahhurJahhur PVKII Team
    Hmm, could you try typing 'mat_specular 0' in the console and see if it still crashes. This disables reflections, which originally caused the crashing in the ice tunnels.
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    For some reason it stopped crashing. I tested frostbite in my server and many small servers wich I found frostbite running. I cannot find any servers that have lot of players and frostbite running so I cannot test it properly.

Maybe that MDMP would tell something.
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    I have to bring this up again. Frostbite crashes every 5 minutes and now cathedral and desertruin started to crash too. I have different graphic card and prosessor than last time I had this problem so I don't believe that problem is graphical error or something.

If someone could take a look these last two crash reports and tell me what is going on I would be very grateful. I don't know how to open and read them.

http://www.paste.fi/file/13326913294242
    http://www.paste.fi/file/13326913184241
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    Akz is going to take a look at the dump files, but for now try disabling the "Advanced Player Shaders" under the advanced multiplayer options menu.

badass.jpg

• FinlordFinlord Senior
    I disabled those shaders but it still crashes.
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    edited March 2012
    Have you tried -dxlevel 80 or -dxlevel 81 at the launch options of the game?
    2v2z7rr.jpg
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    Yeah I tried them and it is still crashing.
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    Anyone?
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    Have you tried the basic stuff?
    - Verify Steam cache
    - Delete and reinstall pvk
    - Update video drivers