A problem with the PVK I game

GødricGødric Senior
edited 3:44AM in PVK Discussion
A little help please
Ok, so i downloaded the game from your site and I installed it.The problem is that when i enter the game my screen freezes at the menu image with the viking pirate and knight.No find servers options bla bla bla appear.I have HL original bought on steam so pirated HL not the problem here.

Comments

• Bingo BangoBingo Bango one-eyed willy PVKII Team
    edited 3:44AM
    Is it the latest version of PVK1? Technical help for that game is hard to find these days. Especially for older versions
  • GødricGødric Senior
    QUOTE (Bingo Bango @ Nov 21 2010, 05:29 PM) »
    Is it the latest version of PVK1? Technical help for that game is hard to find these days. Especially for older versions

It's the version from the Downloads section from pvkii.com so i guess it's the last stable version
  • Sonic7145Sonic7145 Senior
    Not sure why that'd be happening, try alt tabbing out when it does that and make sure it's not being blocked or nothing else is running, etc. (may also help to check the processes list at that time). Otherwise, I would just offer the standard pieces of advise: reinstall & restart your computer.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    you could also try running it in windowed mode, iirc that's what I had to do for it to work on my old computer
  • GødricGødric Senior
    Ok and how do i do that since no options appear?
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    launch up half-life 1, set it to windowed mode, close it and launch PVK

failing that, there's a launch option (in properties) that may or may not be -windowed or -window or something
  • GødricGødric Senior
    edited November 2010
    Omg it works...thank you so much!!! You're the best Morse in the animal kingdom!!I owe you one.Anyone wanna play some pvk I for old times sake? biggrin.gif