We're a-hirin'!

Bingo BangoBingo Bango one-eyed willyPVKII Team
Are you GREAT?
Are you a REAL MAN or woman?
Do others envy your SKILLS?

If you answered YES to all of the above, you may be just what we are looking for! So, if you think you have what it takes to be a member of a talented and dedicated game development team, drop by our forums with some samples of your work.

PRIORITY POSITIONS

Environmental Artist
Call yourself a mapper, a level designer, or an environment artist - it doesn't matter. Preferably though, you should know how to make your own props. You should also know all there is to know about the theories and practices of level design for multiplayer environments. Above all, you should know how to make a fun, visually appealing kickass map.

Animator
Must be capable of producing realistic looking animations that flow well and convey weight and density etc. Must also have experience with the source engine and the process of compiling animations into the model.

2D Artist/Illustrator/Texture Artist
Could be one person, could be three. As you can probably see from this art-free advertisement, we need experienced 2D artists capable of producing a variety of different types of 2D art, and regularly. You need to be able to produce textures, class icons, concept art, graphics for promotional material and all that fun stuff.

3D Modeler

Whether you specialize in characters, weapons or props, we need you! Must be able to produce lovely-looking models that fit in with PVKII's art style.

Voice Actor
Think you've got the perfect voice to match one of our classes? Come on by! You must have your own equipment with experience in voice acting and of course, examples of things you've 'said' in the past!

We're an easy group of people to get along with and have fun doing what we do. If you're interested in applying for the team, please stop by the applications section of our forums here.
No time wasters please! Successful applicants will be given a small test assignment and go through a short trial period before joining the team proper.

Is your specializing field not listed above, even though you think we could use you? Apply anyway with examples of your work!

Thanks!
the PVKII Team

Comments

• edited November 2010
    don't forget to post this on moddb!
  • JollygreenJollygreen Troll Senior
    edited 11:36PM
    haha would have loved to apply to the voice acting, 2 bad I live in Norway:/
    1pYiF.gif
  • Bingo BangoBingo Bango one-eyed willy PVKII Team
    edited June 2011
    QUOTE (Jollygreen @ Nov 9 2010, 03:38 PM) »

You don't have to travel to a studio or anything. You just have to have your own professional or semi-professional-level equipment and be ... well, goodish at acting!
  • edited November 2010
    QUOTE (Jollygreen @ Nov 9 2010, 03:38 PM) »

Do you really think that a free mod has some headquarters where they meet up and work on the game. All the work is done through the internet ofcourse, it doesn't matter where you live.
  • mrmongmrmong Senior
    edited November 2010
    yeah of course, the headquarters a big pirate ship with a wifi connection. Still doesnt matter where you live its just a matter of navigating to Norway.
    maybe i will deliver some samples for ... viking
    1pYiF.gif
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Don't forget the Official Steam Group! It will notify over ten thousand potential applicants!
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • Khrizz MothKhrizz Moth Senior
    and don't forget to do something else wink.gif
  • Gen.WatsonHVGen.WatsonHV Senior
    edited November 2010
    Man, I really do want to become a part of the PVK team...

I really want to become a playtester. I have prior experience and you won't regret it. I have tried contacting Blade about this, but nothing back yet. : (

Here is what I can do.
    1. Play Tester - Just awaiting a response.
    2. Level Designer - I would like to finish the CustomBaseSurvival Series before I apply.
    3. Voice Actor - I have a studio mic and I'm good at voice acting. I just don't know if I can fit a profile you guys are looking for.
  • PJIIIPJIII Axe-Wielding Nun PVKII Team, Applicant
    QUOTE (Gen.WatsonHV @ Nov 9 2010, 02:01 PM) »
    3. Voice Actor - I have a studio mic and I'm good at voice acting. I just don't know if I can fit a profile you guys are looking for.

Well, head on over to the Applicants section give it your best shot. I'm sure the crew will be able to figure out if there's a place for you. icon_pirate2.gif
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    edited November 2010
    QUOTE (Bingo Bango @ Nov 9 2010, 03:13 PM) »
    Animator
    Must be capable of producing realistic looking animations that flow well. Must also have experience with the source engine and the process of compiling animations into the model.

Sn1pe would have been pro for that role but then got kicked off the team.
    2v2z7rr.jpg
    QUOTE (Paladin @ Nov 9 2010, 09:37 PM) »

lol whyz?
    1pYiF.gif
  • Mr. UnicornMr. Unicorn Bear-O-Dactyl Senior
    I saw that the title page changed which made me really excited. Then I read everything. Disappointed to say the least. I thought this was 2.4!
    QUOTE (Nagzar The Zerker @ Jan 30 2011, 01:11 AM) »
    I am smoking logic.

QUOTE (Paladin @ Nov 9 2010, 09:37 PM) »

You don't even know if he got kicked out, maybe he had problems in his personal life. YOU don't know...
  • JizzlerJizzler Senior
    edited November 2010
    QUOTE (Jollygreen @ Nov 9 2010, 05:51 PM) »
    maybe i will deliver some samples for ... viking

That'd be fukken rad man!

Gogo!

Would be cool to do it my self aswel, viking voice of course, as i am of true viking blood. descent directly from the old norwegian kings. /brag off

doubt im competent enough though.
    lMrr3YC.gif?1
    image,PVKII,white,black.png
  • edited 11:36PM
    QUOTE (Sir Unicorn @ Nov 9 2010, 09:49 PM) »
    I saw that the title page changed which made me really excited. Then I read everything. Disappointed to say the least. I thought this was 2.4!

• JizzlerJizzler Senior
    edited November 2010
    i suck, double again.
    lMrr3YC.gif?1
    QUOTE (Jizzler @ Nov 9 2010, 10:28 PM) »
    That'd be fukken rad man!

Gogo!

Would be cool to do it my self aswel, viking voice of course, as i am of true viking blood. descent directly from the old norwegian kings. /brag off

doubt im competent enough though.

i could just borrow some sound equipement or something from school, would have been hilarious
    1pYiF.gif
  • JizzlerJizzler Senior
    QUOTE (Jollygreen @ Nov 9 2010, 10:32 PM) »
    i could just borrow some sound equipement or something from school, would have been hilarious

indeed, go for it!
    lMrr3YC.gif?1
  • edited November 2010
    QUOTE (Jollygreen @ Nov 9 2010, 09:32 PM) »

Do it, would be great to have someone who has a true norse accent.
  • Blood-WiperBlood-Wiper Vicious Psycho Banned
    It's a shame if sn1pe isn't on the team anymore, really is.
    Little bit banned
  • Blood-WiperBlood-Wiper Vicious Psycho Banned
    Anyways in the past month or so there have been alot of applications but few even got accepted.
    Little bit banned
    QUOTE (Blood-Wiper @ Nov 9 2010, 11:38 PM) »
    Anyways in the past month or so there have been alot of applications but few even got accepted.

Most applicants of last month are still being tested
    is there a particular voice you need or can i just make some random shiz at first?
    1pYiF.gif
    Obviously something piratey, vikingy or knighty! ;D
  • birdboybirdboy Applicant
    Hello there, I would like to apply for a position as an animator. I am yet another graduate of the University of Portsmouth Computer Animation degree.

You can see my most recent showreel along with a few other bits here -

www.youtube.com/benstuchbury

Thanks
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    edited June 2011
    So I have absolutely no time for time wasters, flopper-outers or lazy people smile.gif

Yes. HaVoK told me that which is a pity because of his experience but his bad attitude meant he was no good. It still
    works for No more room in hell though.

QUOTE ( @ Nov 9 2010, 08:56 PM) »
    You don't even know if he got kicked out, maybe he had problems in his personal life. YOU don't know...

This makes no sense at all biggrin.gif
    2v2z7rr.jpg
    QUOTE (Paladin @ Nov 10 2010, 11:12 AM) »
    It still
    works for No more room in hell though.

More power to 'em ;D

Hello there, I would like to apply for a position as an animator. I am yet another graduate of the University of Portsmouth Computer Animation degree.

And you live a two minute walk from me! Hah!
  • PJIIIPJIII Axe-Wielding Nun PVKII Team, Applicant
    QUOTE (birdboy @ Nov 10 2010, 05:21 AM) »

You can see my most recent showreel along with a few other bits here -

www.youtube.com/benstuchbury

Thanks

Looks good!
  • edited November 2010
    QUOTE (Sir Unicorn @ Nov 9 2010, 08:49 PM) »