[WIP]hg_vault

schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
edited April 2010 in Community Maps
Hi there, everyone,

just want to announce I will release a new custom map soon. It's a grail map ( hence the name wink.gif ) and will hopefully offer a lot of fun once released.

The main difference to the official grail maps is that hg_vault is smaller and more narrow, so you don't have to walk around for ages to get to the grail. Right now the map is a circle with a few shortcuts, but I am thinking of adding a few more ways to add more variety in the player movement. Before I will release I have to fill a few blank spaces and work on a sufficient enough lighting and add food/armor/ammo. The first release will be mainly to see how the actual gameplay of this map looks like. Visual improvements will follow in future releases.

So here are a couple of screenshots:

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Release!

I compiled a version that I think is good enough to be played. There are a lot of not yet quite finished things left to do, especially the lighting and the work on details and eye-candy. However I just want to see how it actually is ingame with other players.

Oh, and if somebody knows how to reduce the reflectivity of certain textures (you'll see which), please let me know.

Some screens:

Download!: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/download/131540

map on fpsbanana: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/131540

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

Comments

• solidsolid Senior
    edited 6:23AM
    not bad! keep up!
  • edited 6:23AM
    nice
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    "a couple" means 2
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    Looks like your old piazza map. The thing is though, I don't see a difference.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited April 2010
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite @ Apr 9 2010, 02:33 AM) »
    Looks like your old piazza map. The thing is though, I don't see a difference.

Well, it is actually. I used some parts from the old map, because it didn't work.

Released, see in OP.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.

• schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited April 2010
    -