Tiny suggestions thread

15678911»

Comments

• BagasBagas Senior
    edited 1:10AM
    Combine™ wrote:

When it comes to the models, they are perfect but may need an upgrade or so while keeping everything the same. New helmets,horns etc best off in the workshop.

Yes, but I was thinking that the pvkii team should make money with the workshop...
    (yeah I know you guys already said that everything would be free, but the money would help develop the game quicker)
    And for example the 1 million weapon damage achievement for each class would unlock a cool skin.
    That would be awesome.
    FZkBmH.jpg
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Bagas wrote:

Yes, but I was thinking that the pvkii team should make money with the workshop...
    (yeah I know you guys already said that everything would be free, but the money would help develop the game quicker)
    And for example the 1 million weapon damage achievement for each class would unlock a cool skin.
    That would be awesome.

The only way they can make money is donations as far as i know, and for the game to develop quicker i'm unsure since it's been like this for a long time. I agree with you though that after completing one of those 1 million weapon damage achievements you should get something in return as those take a loooong time and i feel like all your hard work towards it should get something back other than just an achievement pop up.
  • BagasBagas Senior
    The hardest and almost impossible achievement is the 1 million points on each team.
    I got recently 1 quarter of the points to get the achievement for the vikings... and I have 1500 hours in-game.
    Now imagine how long it will take to get those achievements...
    FZkBmH.jpg
    When you jump in either sand or snow, a small cloud should appear at the feet to add the detail that you landed in or jumped in snow/sand. Similar to the Water Particle Effect that appears when you jump in water.
    An Indicator or timer on food,armour and ammo to let players know when it will respawn again. Rather than just waiting and expecting it to come up any second.
  • MomoMomo Land Lubber! PVKII Team
    Combine™ wrote:

An Indicator or timer on food,armour and ammo to let players know when it will respawn again. Rather than just waiting and expecting it to come up any second.

That would actually be a really nice feature, definitely want to see it in game!
  • lokkdokklokkdokk Senior
    Momo wrote:

That would actually be a really nice feature, definitely want to see it in game!

NOPE. STOP MAKE PVKII CASUAL GAME
    Momo wrote:

Would be nice cause it'll help people notice the pick ups aswell, so when they run past and it's taken they'll see a Trinket Wars style timer just ticking down. A sound would be nice aswell for when they respawn back.
  • BeroxardasBeroxardas Senior
    lokkdokk wrote:

NOPE. STOP MAKE PVKII CASUAL GAME

Nope, stop making casual game so hard-try. This timer is a great idea.

Besides, thanks for ignoring me
    Beroxardas wrote:

So, is the team opinion still negative on the idea? There have been several ways to do this posted. Or as I suppose- it`s technically impossible?
    I`m really sorry for my bad English. I`m not a native speaker.
    edited May 2017
    More food pick ups? Bread (small) Turkey leg (medium) Ham (large)
  • El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKII Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Combine™ wrote:

I disagree, that would complicate things which despite not being exactly a bad idea considering many Classic FPS games like UT2004 did have it, I really, really just prefer that "one side" attitude regarding PVKII's pickups.

Also, I remember an ol' version of PVKII had different types of armour for different kind of classes...I don't know why that changed though, but I feel glad it did.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
  • MomoMomo Land Lubber! PVKII Team
    edited May 2017
    Combine™ wrote:

Sounds like a great idea for a workshop addon instead!
    When you damage shields with arrows, the arrows should stay in the shield depending on where you shoot at instead of just disappearing, same goes for Pirates weapons maybe bullet marks/holes instead.
    When a shield is below 50% HP, it should show cracks in the model to let players know it's weak and going to break.
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    Definitely needs a visual indicator of some sort, perhaps rather than cracks the model pieces start to animate loosely as if it's about to fall apart.
    edited August 2017
    A landing sound effect would be nice, so at the moment when you jump you hear a jump sound but when you land from the jump, you don't hear anything and so a landing sound effect would be nice.
    The Archer holds a quiver on his back which holds 3 arrows, when you have 3 arrows remaining the arrows on the back should disappear so when you have 2 arrows left, the back should have 2 arrows, and when you run out of ammo the quiver should have nothing inside untill you get more ammo.
    When you grab a pick up such as food,armour and ammo they leave a glow untill they respawn, the glow should be a different colour for each of the pick ups so people know what will spawn when the pick up is respawning. food (red glow) armour (blue glow) ammo (green glow) for example. The current colour is grey for all the pick ups when they disappear.
    edited August 2017
    In Trinket Wars, when you carry the trinket it should show a ring around the trinket carrier to let the other players know the radius of how far you can heal people near you. And to also let people know the Trinket can heal your team aswell as yourself. The ring colours should be the same colours as the team colours.
    A sound effect for when your health is regenerating from food or Trinkets
    A sound effect for when the Archer takes out his special and holds it.

A sound effect for the Captains special, the fireball that sits in the Blunderbuss quietly burning.
    In Create A Game, a search bar would be nice so it's easier to find the maps instead of scrolling down forever to find a single map.
    When you're carrying a chest in booty, the chest should make a sound effect such as gold rattling around inside or bouncing around while you're walking/running with it.
    Whenever you see a player disconnect from the server, in all Source games you'll just disappear and that's it. Would be nice if we had a sound effect that would play or a special "bye bye" quote from your character.
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Combine™ wrote:

Whenever you see a player disconnect from the server, in all Source games you'll just disappear and that's it. Would be nice if we had a sound effect that would play or a special "bye bye" quote from your character.

Like Rise of the Triad (the original, at least)'s sound effects when you exit a game. I can imagine the player listening to a character which appears on the main menu dying off-screen when the game suddenly blacks out and after the death scream he's kicked back to desktop.

76561198031989549.png

A "PVKII Is Dead" Gravestone Easter Egg for lts_gravedanger to embrace our lovely positive fanbase.
  • El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKII Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Combine™ wrote:

A "PVKII Is Dead" Gravestone Easter Egg for lts_gravedanger to embrace our lovely positive fanbase.

With a 1% chance of a skeleton getting off his grave and showing a middle-finger.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
  • edited May 13
    Little nitpick error, on the back of the ninja models, they have a Chinese dragon symbol, rather than a Japanese one.
    Japanese dragons have strictly three claws, while Chinese dragons have four or five.
    I know the models are probably super old, but I thought I'd share anyway.

“Suppose, in their altruistic passion for justice and order, they had determined to reform the world, but had not realized that they were destroying the soul of man?”
    - Arthur Clarke, Childhood's End