Shields should make a special sound when they break

kala_captainkala_captain Land Lubber!Beta Tester
edited 4:52AM in Suggestions
If shields made a distinctive 'wood breaking' sound when they reached 0 hitpoints it would definitely be cool.

Make it much easier for ranged classes to know when they break a shield.

A next step for the idea, maybe the shield model should disappear from the player (until they get another armor pickup) or even drop to the ground when shields break, or a cracked version of the regular model drops on the floor, etc.
76561198057001581.png

Comments

• AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited 4:52AM
    We are indeed, working on ways to improve the shields. It's one of the dev team's priorities after 3.6's release.

76561198031989549.png

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited August 2017
    Aye that would be fantastic. Here's the plan:

- Improve shield bashing animation to show player shield bash vulnerabilities
    - Figure out a way to balance one hand sword once accompanying shield has been fully dmged.
    - One hand sword/seax animations
    - Knight shield deterioration (warping etc) vs viking/pirate shield gibbing (including polish like sounds like you suggested)
    - Redesign shield mechanics and animations overall (long term goal)

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKII Senior
    edited 4:52AM
    If PVKII had a better sound system that allowed custom sounds to be added, made, modified and so on, I would try my best to make all those [SOUNDPACK(s)] I made as unique as possible, one including a good shield break sound.

Sadly, the only best chance I could have with adding custom sounds and the like is using a third-party plugin that removes multiplayer access, a third-party plugin that only affects one server or using a very unconventional method of modifying the .QC file of a model or even models.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog