Kanine's Weapon Thread

13»

Comments

• MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    edited August 2015
    A Flamberge? Nicely done, no doubt. However, I personally wouldn't give him a Flamberge, but rather a normal Zweihander. This is just personal preference, though, I got nothing against Flamberge's in general.
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    edited 5:08PM
    Huuuuuboy.
    That is one handsome bastard!
    I'm glad you're going for the more fantastical-style weapons.
    They'll give the game that much more personality.
  • KanineKanine PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    248bfab473.PNG

Good morrow to you, good sirs and madams, I has't hath made yet another saber for the knightly class. :icon_knight:

​--Weapon Artist----

Website - Steam - Polycount - ArtStation - Facebook - Tumblr

Dev Journal-

"Are ya ready kids?"
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    What an expertly crafted blade!
    Glad to see the HK's thankless job of protecting yon booty has finally started to pay off.
  • Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    Simple yet effective.
    76561198022443233.png
    Gallery of Rage
    OnqKl5B.jpg
    8ICrnFR.png :wub:
    rYEKvgb.jpg
    He1WpjQ.png <- lts_skypirates fun
    d1vRvor.png
    TudA52z.png
    8ABWxKM.jpg
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Very simple, yet very lovely
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Kanine is such a perfect additional to the team. Let's get his stuff in already :D

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    I got a feeling that if Kanine's stuff ever gets added, my PVKII life will change.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• KanineKanine PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Hey, sorry I was dead for about a month. I ran into some serious hardware issues with my PC (the graphics card died and I couldn't afford a replacement until last week.) Along with some random stuff that has popped up in my life. I'm leaving to start college tomorrow. I'll be working on PVK2 stuff much less frequently as I'll be really busy. I will still try to get work done for PVK2 as much as I can (considering that working in 3d is a pretty nice way to distract myself when I'm stressed lol.) Sorry about the delay guys, this obviously is not the end of my work for PVK2, I'm just in the middle of a bit of a tumultuous time and PVK2 is getting put to the sideline for a little bit.

​--Weapon Artist----

Website - Steam - Polycount - ArtStation - Facebook - Tumblr

Dev Journal-

"Are ya ready kids?"
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    No worries, I'm glad to hear you're going to keep at it.
    Would've been a sad shame to see you drop it completely.
    Your skilled craftsmanship will be worth the wait!
  • DisturvingDisturving Senior
    Hello Kanine. I noticed you were basing the Knights' Archer's sword on the German long knife, so here is something about them (not my work):

11695938_892309684177062_7766504943109866701_n.jpg?oh=2d29a4416ff5a814522cb7cd1d529995&oe=56659F66&__gda__=1453773910_f45388a75faef0e83f7282991c747218

Also I did an internet search for original seaxes and the handles are not like you've done yours. They mostly looked like this:

SeaxWbDs.jpg
    original.jpg

With some like this:

09060375.jpg
    The reason why my writing here is so formal is that people inevitably get annoyed at my writing, so sticking to the rules of formal writing is my attempt to avoid people taking me the wrong way and getting annoyed.
    Complaining and expressing disagreement and arguing are very good things to do.
    If something written by me here does not look formal, it may be because I tried to make it look better than it could were it formal, or it might be that it seems all right to me without it being formal.
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    How are these weapons coming along?
  • AleihrAleihr Senior
    edited April 2016
    Disturving wrote:

Hello Kanine. I noticed you were basing the Knights' Archer's sword on the German long knife, so here is something about them (not my work):

11695938_892309684177062_7766504943109866701_n.jpg?oh=2d29a4416ff5a814522cb7cd1d529995&oe=56659F66&__gda__=1453773910_f45388a75faef0e83f7282991c747218

Also I did an internet search for original seaxes and the handles are not like you've done yours. They mostly looked like this:

SeaxWbDs.jpg
    original.jpg

With some like this:

09060375.jpg

I like how you posted pics of seaxs, showing that they are -single edged-, but those aren't handles, they are called tangs. Tangs are the part that the hilt gets attached to.

I'm loving your work, Kanine but I'm afraid I'm not too happy with that fullered gladius you are calling a langseax. I love the design- but not being considered a langseax.
    I see you may have done a Google image search for the langeax and found something exactly like it made. But the thing is- look at almost everything else. Single edged.
    Its like calling a gladius a scimitar or katana.
    But again, very beautifully made though!

I love your work, especially the new Viking axes. Agreed on lengthening the Berserker's great axe more to differentiate from his hatchet more.
    Loving the archer's sabre! Someone must have done their homework because its suggested that many archers in the middle ages preferred sabre-like falchions very similar to the grosse messer.
  • DisturvingDisturving Senior
    edited May 2016
    Aleihr wrote:

I like how you posted pics of seaxs, showing that they are -single edged-, but those aren't handles, they are called tangs. Tangs are the part that the hilt gets attached to.

That was me doing something I often do, which is saying what I drew my conclusion from and assuming that others would draw the same conclusions. Kanine's picture of a knife of his design, which seems to be accompanied by the word langseax, shows the tang straight and not tapering along the entire handle, and then enlarging to the width of the blade, like a pommel, with three rivet holes. The pictures of seaxes were to say that the tangs on seaxes (that I have seen pictures of) are not shaped that way, so the handles could not have been like that (Unless the seaxes had their pommel-like parts removed, and possibly their tangs tapered, before being buried). I was saying that the handles were wrong without all that explanation.
    The reason why my writing here is so formal is that people inevitably get annoyed at my writing, so sticking to the rules of formal writing is my attempt to avoid people taking me the wrong way and getting annoyed.
    Complaining and expressing disagreement and arguing are very good things to do.
    If something written by me here does not look formal, it may be because I tried to make it look better than it could were it formal, or it might be that it seems all right to me without it being formal.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    It's been a very long time since this has been updated.

Has Kanine left the development and these are just yet another...'Relic'?
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog