Make some invisible walls on Island?

edited November 2016 in Suggestions
Hail
I've just noticed that the bt_townsquare (R.I.P. noone plays on this beautiful map) has these sexy doors, that stop you from attacking the wrong team.

So, Why do not we do the same "doors" on the bt_island? All teams really suffer from being attacked by griefers and dinahs. So, here is the little suggestion: make invisible barriers in the important places, so they will force the dinahs to attack the knights. The barriers will dissapear when the knights team will lose 2 chests (they must be captured).

So, it will greatly improve the "efficiency" of teams: the players won't waste time on some random idiots, no idiots, more time and soldiers that won't attack the wrong team. More time and soldiers, more chances to get the chest. More chances, more chests.

More chests, more chests.

1. Barriers for Pirates. One in the entry to the viks cave and one in the club (where ammo and armor located)
2. Barriers for Viks. One on those stairs near to the bridge
3. Barriers for the Knights: under that small bridge that leads to cave. And one on the pirates side.

What do you think?

Here are the places where we need to build a great wall from immigrants dinahs:

1. https://pp.vk.me/c63...bj6WKqAvQ5E.jpg
2. https://pp.vk.me/c63...CDBiVr-L3RI.jpg
3. https://pp.vk.me/c63...VExWZY0Nx2E.jpg
4. https://pp.vk.me/c63...ENDf77sX-YE.jpg

And please, excuse me, if my english is not good.

Comments

• FelisFelis Glitch Kitty
    edited 5:23PM
    We don't want to lock player movement on maps, it takes away the strategic freedom which has always been important for PVKII. Also the gates in Townsquare are closed only during the initial chest unlock, so players can get to the center for neutral chests. Movement is not limited during game.
  • edited November 2016
    Oh, please, don't make me laugh! And what is the strategy? Just hide in the tower/water and wait, until the enemy bring the chest, and then steal it?

Island is a different one. You can do your strategies on forgotten or pinegrove, but not on the island, because you MUST attack the knights!

Also, have you ever played on the public servers? Excume me, if I look rude, but you will see why I want it. And I think other pretty smart people from public servers too.

I never saw you on our servers. Not you, not Spirrwell or other devs.

Just play one week with those brainless monsters (dinahs) and you will feel my pain.
  • edited 5:23PM
    I can say almost same about the class limits for archers and SS, but it's a bit bigger problem, but you will close the eyes on it. Again.
  • El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKII
    Somebody suggested moving out the Vikings' spawn so it faces into the Knights' path instead of the Pirates', I think that's actually a good idea but despite that it may be an "overhaul" itself, as moving out the spawn is not that simple at all.

Planning to add barriers for Island is not a bad idea itself, we can always figure out how.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things
    I have my own server, that I play on. As a matter of fact I recently moved my server to NY. It's also 24/7 Island.

I've played this game for years, and so has Felis. Don't make claims about us not playing the game. I have 1747 hours as of right now and Felis has even more. Also as I've said before in the community forums, I will not be a part of making any sort of class limits, neither as part of the game, nor as a plugin. That's a stupid idea in my opinion. I know Felis doesn't like the idea either, but I don't know if we would be open to doing it. I personally am not.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• FelisFelis Glitch Kitty
    edited November 2016
    In my opinion we should have better HUD indicators and guidance instead of locking the map. Such as making the objective markers more noticeable, pop a context hint or even show a notice on center of the screen when player is going to wrong way, stuff like that (which are of course optional).

Brandell wrote:

Also, have you ever played on the public servers? Excume me, if I look rude, but you will see why I want it. And I think other pretty smart people from public servers too.

I never saw you on our servers. Not you, not Spirrwell or other devs.

Just play one week with those brainless monsters (dinahs) and you will feel my pain.

It's true that I haven't played much recently, but I do have years of experience on my belt. Used to be more active back in the day and had about +1000 hours in PVKII before I joined the team as programmer. I definitely know the pain, but this is a problem with every skill based game. My stance has always been that the freedom of movement and strategy are very important for PVKII and shouldn't be limited. Instead we need a better tutorials and guidance, not "hand holding" or forcing players actions.

Brandell wrote:

I can say almost same about the class limits for archers and SS, but it's a bit bigger problem, but you will close the eyes on it. Again.

We have been thinking about this, as a potential option for the ruleset system. Eyes not closed, we might come up with something but can't confirm it as of now.

That being said, we keep your barrier idea in mind. But no promises that it will be delivered. If the ruleset system proves to help players understand different server options better, we could look into this further.
    edited 5:24PM
    I'm more into forcing people than giving them a helping hand, but it's not like forcing always works, same way like giving a helping hand always works.

The dev team is working on better HUD indicators, and they ARE great, all thanks to their effort including Felis, Spirrwell and Popeye (Popemaster).
    This project started some good time ago, it MUST continue and it must be first priority before any of us try to get into the "Enforcement" materials.

As these two nerds said, we really gotta first see if these better HUD indicators can make a difference. If not, we'll probably be forced to enforce forced materials.
    I make mods.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
  • edited 5:24PM
    No barriers pls. Idiot remains idiot when you force him to do the right thing.
    Do not suggest to ruin such a masterpiece of a map. Islands one of those maps where suggesting a change like yours, can destroy the map.
  • edited November 2016
    One idea, "Pirates/Viks/Knights are winning" could flash each few seconds, not only when winning team changes. If a players picks chest from obviously wrong team a huge flash "x are winning" should occur. This settings of course would be optional and old players can easily disable it and turn "traditional" on, but they should be set as default (so as hints, direction indicators etc are).

EDIT: My idea of moving viking spawn, what do you think?

https://imgur.com/a/uPWbR

Spawn:

-faces knights
    -protected from sharpshooters firing directly at freshly spawned viks
    -Not a big difference in distance from old spawn
    I`m really sorry for my bad English. I`m not a native speaker.
    Beroxardas wrote:

EDIT: My idea of moving viking spawn, what do you think?

https://imgur.com/a/uPWbR

Spawn:

-faces knights
    -protected from sharpshooters firing directly at freshly spawned viks
    -Not a big difference in distance from old spawn

There is actually something that was in the works, though I can't remember if it was released or not. It was a spawn protection thing that blocked everything which could help with that. However, even if island were to have that, I still think moving the Viking spawn would be a good idea.

I've come to dislike the fact that the Vikings are facing the Pirates from the get-go. So that's the first thing they see, the direction they're most likely to go in (if they don't know the map) and makes it that much harder as a pirate to escape from the Viking base with a chest.

I'm also a fan of better HUD indicators, which are planned to happen anyway as we want people to know what's going on, as it isn't always obvious when you're a new player. The announcers help with that, but it's also in English and a decent portion of our player base aren't native English speakers. HUD indicators would follow that same problem until we get updated translations as well.
    5GY1DFV.png

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png

Would be really cool if each team had their own indicators, for example booty and territory - Pirates have a compass and it points to whichever team is winning letting you know that you should go to them instead of a team that is losing.
  • edited November 2016
    Combine™ wrote:

Do not suggest to ruin such a masterpiece of a map. Islands one of those maps where suggesting a change like yours, can destroy the map.

I am so interested how just a simpe barrer (Or, wall, rocks, club door) can ruin the map?
    Honestly, I hate island so much, but I am forced to play on it, because people don't want to play on other maps. glacier will be a second pinegrove

Felis wrote:

In my opinion we should have better HUD indicators and guidance instead of locking the map. Such as making the objective markers more noticeable, pop a context hint or even show a notice on center of the screen when player is going to wrong way, stuff like that (which are of course optional).

It's true that I haven't played much recently, but I do have years of experience on my belt. Used to be more active back in the day and had about +1000 hours in PVKII before I joined the team as programmer. I definitely know the pain, but this is a problem with every skill based game. My stance has always been that the freedom of movement and strategy are very important for PVKII and shouldn't be limited. Instead we need a better tutorials and guidance, not "hand holding" or forcing players actions.

We have been thinking about this, as a potential option for the ruleset system. Eyes not closed, we might come up with something but can't confirm it as of now.

That being said, we keep your barrier idea in mind. But no promises that it will be delivered. If the ruleset system proves to help players understand different server options better, we could look into this further.

Felis and Spirwell, You remind me of some silly puny mothers who spoiled their children first, and now protect them. There is too much freedom, the game needs more order. Dinahs won't look or read your "beautiful" HUD indicators or rulesets, because they don't know english. Or they just don't give shirley. This is a problem of public servers. But we have another problem: griefers.
    El Negro, you are an admin of Testudo Cohort, and you saw griefers. You saw LALAHAPPY, it's the best example of griefer. And it's another proof that we need to make big walls/fences/rocks. Of course, you can ban them. But the TC is not only European server and it's not the most popular. There are many public servers without administration, and still people go in them. And suffer.

You will say again: "Rulesets will fix the problem with griefers and dinahs". But, excuse me, when we will see it? In Febraury? In April? In Sentember? In 2018?
    Given your, as you say, "Laziness", "real life" and "lack of time", I think we'll see these rulesets, public and competitive servers and, of course, Bondi, only in 2018.
    "And suffer."

You sure? It looks like they enjoy being harassed and griefed while in Publicus they suffer as they have no griefers in there ;)

Seriously, Publicus is infamous and famous for having SPECIFIC RULES unlike many other servers.

Kids want to lollygag so they go to party-servers or whatever.
    Meanwhile, some really want a decent game and get into Publicus.

Sadly, that's only some. A few some.

One of the huge problems I've noticed in my servers is that I had an admin who only insulted and virtually harassed the players, he actually never told them how to play the game.
    NOBODY is telling them how to play, NOBODY is helping them.
    I understand that the players are arseholes themselves too, but that doesn't mean you should make matters worse.
    Try convincing them instead.

I have never made anybody try helping out the players, not even admins. But hey, if you people want me to enforce the admins to help dinahs as well as even VIPs, I can do that.

I really just can't do much with Publicus' popularity.
    I make mods.
    Brandell wrote:

I am so interested how just a simpe barrer (Or, wall, rocks, club door) can ruin the map?
    Honestly, I hate island so much, but I am forced to play on it, because people don't want to play on other maps. glacier will be a second pinegrov

You do not have to play Island at all, you're not forced to play on it aswell YOU choose to play on it so no one is forcing you. There are many servers which have other official maps on it which people do play alot, you just need to find the correct time to play in order to find it.

What do you mean "Glacier will be a second Pinegrove" ?
    Combine™ wrote:

You do not have to play Island at all, you're not forced to play on it aswell YOU choose to play on it so no one is forcing you. There are many servers which have other official maps on it which people do play alot, you just need to find the correct time to play in order to find it.

What do you mean "Glacier will be a second Pinegrove" ?

Where are you from?
    There are no popular servers with other maps in Europe. Only island and Testudo Custom maps. Servers with official maps cant get people.
    Its shirley idea.
    Play for fun, guys. Doors not help for win. Doors scare dinahs.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    edited November 2016
    Brandell wrote:

You will say again: "Rulesets will fix the problem with griefers and dinahs". But, excuse me, when we will see it? In Febraury? In April? In Sentember? In 2018?
    Given your, as you say, "Laziness", "real life" and "lack of time", I think we'll see these rulesets, public and competitive servers and, of course, Bondi, only in 2018.

Alright, I'm going to stop you right here. I don't normally do this sort of thing on the forums, but I will lock this thread if you keep this up. This is not constructive whatsoever.

Yes, people have real lives, with real families, and jobs that they go to, to make real money. PVKII does not put food on the table for the developers that work on it.

Also as an FYI, things that require only code changes have been coming out in pretty much monthly updates. Whether they be bug fixes and\or new features. Other things that require the talent of artists such as Bondi take more time because we don't have dedicated people for these things all the time. Again, PVKII is not going to help a developer who may be trying raise a little one for all we know. People need to understand that.

That is enough of this non-constructive criticism. If you have nothing else to say, then don't bother posting. It doesn't help anyone.
    5GY1DFV.png

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png

Brandell wrote:

You really went overboard this time.
    I make mods.
    Alright. Let's end with that.
    Thank you all for the answers.