Hard crash with MAA fart.

kala_captainkala_captain Land Lubber!Beta Tester
edited 11:26AM in Bugs/Support
Hello all,

So a lot of time when have the MAA fart, I crash. It only happens when I actually get up in the fart. I would say it happens at least 50% of the time, seemingly randomly. My computer just turns off.

This is the first time I am experiencing this bug, and it has only happened since I started using a new computer.

This bug has made it impossible for me to fight man at arms, whenever I see an MAA going to use his special on me I have 3 options: 1. Jump off a ledge 2. Disconnect and rejoin hoping that people understand my issue and do not just think I am being a jerk by denying them kills or 3. Trying my luck and fighting the specialed MAA (which more often then not makes me crash.)

As far as I know I am the only one having this problem, if needed I will post any information needed to help a fix.

Thank you
76561198057001581.png

Comments

• SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited August 2016
    Hello kala! I talked with Felis, and he seems to think this type of crash is more related to maybe a graphics driver being out of date or something, maybe you're not using the drivers directly from the website of your graphics card manufacturer.

However, I do believe you've also experienced crashes that are also just plain crashes right?

I think I've looked at dumps in the past and have been unable to find anything. But if you could, upload the dumps and post them here so both Felis and I could take a look at them. Also, be sure to upload ones that were created AFTER the last hotfix, if you don't have any or you have both, make sure they are separated so we know ones that were from before the hotfix, and after the hotfix. It's necessary for debugging purposes.

Alright, now that that's out of the way, I created two test maps for you to try out. One is full of just the fart particles, and have no actual effect. The other is full of the actual MAA fart, and does actual damage. I don't experience these kinds of crashes, and neither does Felis, so it's really hard to debug for us.

If you're up to it, please test out these two maps:

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

fartcloud_full is the full MAA special map.
    fartcloud_particles is just the MAA special particles map.

Also if one crashes, be sure to test the other if you are up to it. So we can figure out where the crash is happening. If it's the amount of particles, or if it's the special itself.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• kala_captainkala_captain Land Lubber! Beta Tester
    edited 11:26AM
    Do you need the dump files from windows/minidump or steam/dump or somewhere else?

Also, I tested both maps and my computer shut down pretty much immediately on both of them.
    76561198057001581.png
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    edited 11:26AM

Do you need the dump files from windows/minidump or steam/dump or somewhere else?

..\Steam\dumps