Happy New Vlog Jan '16

ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' GoodPVKII Team
edited January 2016 in PVKII News & Announcements
YpaWGme.png

Glacier Progress & Gameplay Vlog

We decided to provide our fans with a more up-to-date snippet at how things are coming along. Instead of a live stream we opted to go with a quick video showcasing bt_glacier, a map concept rejuvenated by one of our outstanding, potential PVKII Developer Hurtcules. Dreamed up by ParrotofWar in a layout contest, and sliding from mapper to mapper, glacier has finally found a home. Hurtcules has been hard at work on the map, with the help from Koko and his testers, so keep an eye out for more in the coming months. Glacier is now entering the detail phase, and we hope to show you more of this fun map in the future. Check out the Development vlog below!

[media]image

MORE FROM THE PVKII TEAM...

Our Big Bling Mon! The Buccaneer Sculpting from Corvalho

569d3ab2eed3a.jpg

Corvalho gets ahead o' the game with Buccaneer Concept Art

569d3ac6e4f07.jpg

We continue to implement Bondi progress with open arms!

2_38.jpg

renato-corvalho-seax.jpg

bow.jpg

January 20 PVKII Bugfix Update

A bugfix update for PVKII has been released. Server owners, please update your servers. Thanks to Gaz, Felis, Spirrwell, and Koko (+testers)!

Changelog:
- Fixed chest removal exploit in Island and Pinegrove
- Fixed disconnect messages not showing up ("stuck in loading screen bug")
- Fixed potential crash on simulated bullet spawn
- Fixed potential crash if a player speaks during loading
EDIT:
Due to a mishap, the servers couldn't be updated via SteamCMD. This has been fixed, if you had the issue please try updating again.

Ah, but wait we're not done here...

We've got another dev vlog on the way featuring Bondi and Temple update gameplay as of January 17/16. Our coders continue to work on implementing and tweaking everything from animations to his signature special. Schatzmiester, one of our budding soon to be developers, is crafting an eeriely beautiful upgrade that does the classic proud.

Please, join us in welcoming two great gentlemen to the brotherhood of PVKII Production Managers. Welcome Felis to the role of Production Manager, and SaunaChum, to Assistant Production Manager. Both of these fine young lads will be of even more great influence as we push for more updates for PVKII.

If you are interested in contributing vector art for PVKII achievements in our upcoming release, click the picture below for more info. And as always, follow us on Trello for the latest development buzz.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more updates and let us know what you think in the comments below!

k0qzjZu.png?1follow_trello.jpg

xq0LCrG.png
Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

Comments

• BagasBagas Senior
    edited 12:41AM
    *heavy breathing*

Odin has heard my prayers, I shall give up Valhala for this update.
    FZkBmH.jpg
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    What a jolly new year it's going to be.
  • El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKII Senior
    And then development stops.

Happy New Year! YO HO HO AND A NEGATIVE PROSPECT!
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    Map looks really good, cant wait to play it! Interested to see how the Bondi plays in the upcoming dev blog.
  • PopemasterPopemaster Captain of the Seven Seas PVKII Team
    edited January 2016
    It's exciting to see the development process! Keep up the good work.

SaunaChum! I know that name. I use to watch his Thief: The Dark Project speedruns probably around 6 years ago! Runs are still up on Speed Demo Archives. It's safe to say he got me into speedrunning along with rogston.
  • El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKII Senior
    Popemaster wrote:
    SaunaChum! I know that name. I use to watch his Thief: The Dark Project speedruns probably around 6 years ago! Runs are still up on Speed Demo Archives. It's safe to say he got me into speedrunning along with rogston.

Wait, my recently-adopted brother played Thief?! GODDAMN, HE MUST BE MY REAL BROTHER!
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• SaunaChumSaunaChum PVKII Team
    Popemaster wrote:

I haven't speedrun anything in a long while but good to see that people liked our IL runs, although they have been beaten several times since. Hopefully someone else picks the Thief series up because there really hasn't been too much competition in it.
    Production Manager
  • PopemasterPopemaster Captain of the Seven Seas PVKII Team
    edited January 2016
    SaunaChum wrote:

I haven't speedrun anything in a long while but good to see that people liked our IL runs, although they have been beaten several times since. Hopefully someone else picks the Thief series up because there really hasn't been too much competition in it.

Yeah one guy from Poland I think holds most of the records now, I was competing with him for a long time but he is like a robot. He found a lot of new glitches and ways to save time. Think he deterred anyone else from picking it up.

I did pioneer the Gold mission runs so that's something I'm proud of. :D
  • AleihrAleihr Senior
    edited February 2016
    Looking good! But another seax with the edge on the wrong side? Anglo-Saxon blades bearing that angle on the blade is usually on the -back-, with the cutting edge on the flat side.
    Wait hold up, the angle you guys gave, does seem rounded more on the Bondi's seax, which is actually more realistic. Viking Age seaxes did start having a more recognizable shape like that with the angle curved and was on the 'proper' side.

The steep angle seen on the Gesteir's langsax however, were on the back side. May I ask you fellas flip the blade? Do that and keep the Bondi's seax as is, and they would not only be more realistic, but differentiate even more, providing even more character standing out.

I'm also loving the Bondi design, and his recurved bow. And I'm loving the lateral sheath, and its design in general!
    Same for the Buccaneer and how you took the realistic Caribbean approach where they originated.