pvk_trium

Comments

• edited 11:59PM
    WOW trium's gonna be sweeeet.
    i'm not trying to jinx anything but i'm predicting that this could be the next island... we'll find out.
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    edited 11:59PM
    Looks really nice! Not a fan of the boxy and ewwish food stand, or chest stands though!
  • -AOD- Bruce Campbell-AOD- Bruce Campbell Authorized Creator, Senior
    QUOTE (Gaz @ Apr 20 2009, 04:27 PM) »
    Looks really nice! Not a fan of the boxy and ewwish food stand, or chest stands though!
    I'm open for ideas.
    image-1.gif
  • ZizarZizar Senior
    this map is so good, it has nice looking, it's funny to play and it fits with the game style, it looks like an official, why the devs don't put this map official in 2.3? it will be cool to have such a good map to show for the steam release.

i think the same thing about pvk_sanctuary, those map needs to be official and they are a lot better than the contest maps.
    Pvk userbars made by me:

just use it on your signature if you want.
  • BanokBanok Senior
    send you a pm when should have wrote here, really like trium. hope it gets finished and put on more servers so I can play it more!
    QUOTE (Banok @ May 14 2009, 04:13 PM) »
    send you a pm when should have wrote here, really like trium. hope it gets finished and put on more servers so I can play it more!
    Thanks, though I'm having a bit of a dry spell with ideas, and I'm not sure how I want everything to look. On top of that, I've been too occupied or too tired to work on the map lately.
    image-1.gif
  • BanokBanok Senior
    ever thought about adding vikings? that might be why it doesn't get played.
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    edited May 2009
    QUOTE (-AOD- Bruce Campbell @ Apr 21 2009, 05:20 AM) »
    I'm open for ideas.

Just make a more interesting shape for the base/top of the chest stands. Make them octagonal with a beveled edge and use a contrasting texture to make them more interesting. cool.gif
    QUOTE (Gaz @ Mar 3 2009, 02:38 AM) »
    It needs more of a spruce...err..... Bruce icon_agapirate.gif
    Did someone say "spruce"!?

Well as many of you may know, Spring term '09 is almost over (finals next week *shudders*) ANYWHO, that means with school out of the way the map can get back into full swing! (yes, that means the Viking's spawn)

image-1.gif
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    Nice update!

First pic, inside the arches its like pitch black. I'd set the arch models to no cast shadows, at least thats what springs to mind to fix the problem.

Maybe use a small fire, or a dropped torch near the bush? Its hard to see, but it doesn't really need it, just an idea smile.gif
    I just wanted to give you all a heads up, I have been working on something special for the map that I'm not quite ready to show at this time. However I will tell you that it will change the map entirely. Now that school's outta the way I'll be working full speed on the Viking's spawn and I think you'll all be very pleased. Till next time!
    image-1.gif
  • edited 11:59PM
    Good to hear, this map is gonna Kick Ass
    TEASER!
    Here's what I've been working on the past couple of weeks and I'm curious to know what you guys think, this is the new Pirate's spawn:

This, however, is only part of the new things that have been added to the map. Though I'm not fully prepared to show them yet.

image-1.gif
  • Scurvy BobScurvy Bob senior
    wow! icon_yay.gif
    this is awesome
    it looks like island 2
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Looks really great man, keep up the awesome work
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Just wait till you see the new Knight's spawn. wink.gif

QUOTE (Scurvy Bob @ Jun 14 2009, 02:47 AM) »
    it looks like island 2
    I can assure you that only the Pirates spawn looks like pvk_Island. The rest of the map looks nothing like any PVKII map there is.
    image-1.gif
    edited June 2009
    Ok, I think it's about time to give you guys a teaser of the new and final knights spawn design!

Also, here's a glimps of the chest room. I had to build an archway on a 45 degree angle, while keeping everything lined up perfectly. Needless to say it took a while, also it's a WIP

That's all for the screens for now, till next time!
    image-1.gif
  • MasonMason Senior
    Looking good.
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    I have to say that the pirate spawn has lost alot of its charm for me.

However, the new Knights area (outside) looks just WOW, loving it!
    edited June 2009
    QUOTE (Gaz @ Jun 16 2009, 02:16 AM) »
    I have to say that the pirate spawn has lost alot of its charm for me.
    I had to think of something to make the Pirates spawn bigger, and to accommodate the more people PVKII 2.3's going to have. Don't worry Gaz, I'll add something to the Pirates spawn you'll like. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gaz @ Jun 16 2009, 02:16 AM) »
    However, the new Knights area (outside) looks just WOW, loving it!
    biggrin.gif The old Knights spawn was way too empty and barren, originally I was going to that look. But as time went on i realized doing the exact opposite was the best course! It took me quite a while to get the 'fog' effects just right to give it that deep forest and European feel, plus I wanted to make it feel as though nature's retaking the castle, After all my map's pretty much all about Nature. Also I really wanted Fire-Flies, and func_dustmotes was the best I could do without making my own models for them.
    image-1.gif
  • VengaVenga Senior
    edited June 2009
    That's seriously, seriously good stuff. I've played the B2 of this map, and I really enjoyed that too. The lack of linearity in how you approached the knight base was really interesting, as you could choose two lines of approach which were geographically quite far apart.

The outside bit, the European forest, reminds me heavily of a Tennyson poem to do with King Arthur or something. Very nice. smile.gif

That said, I also like the inside bit too. It's simple but nice and clean. The Viking spawn, just from your teaser, looks like it will be one of the most interesting yet. I really look forward to it. smile.gif

Perhaps on the throne, a shaft of light coming down or something? Unless that would completely clash with your aesthetic theme. smile.gif

Also, I really like the new Pirates spawn. Perhaps add some scaffolding? Or general clutter? Though I'm sure you're already doing something equivalent. Could I ask what kind of lay-out you'd be going for? Just looking at the Viking spawn, and knowing that the entrance to the spawn appears to be in a pirate tunnel, will there be one joint entrance to the Knights base, and another, team-specific way for both Vikings and Pirates into the Knights base also?
    The venga bus is coming. :)
    QUOTE (Venga @ Jun 16 2009, 01:25 PM) »
    That's seriously, seriously good stuff. I've played the B2 of this map, and I really enjoyed that too.
    blink.gif I think you mean B1, as I have not released B2 yet.

The Viking spawn, just from your teaser, looks like it will be one of the most interesting yet. I really look forward to it. smile.gif
    huh.gif I haven't released any screens of the Vikings spawn yet.

Perhaps on the throne, a shaft of light coming down or something? Unless that would completely clash with your aesthetic theme. smile.gif
    I already have a func_dustmotes brush going from the windows down to the throne, a beam of light you say? It might be over kill or it might make the chest room, I'll look into it. biggrin.gif

Also, I really like the new Pirates spawn. Perhaps add some scaffolding? Or general clutter? Though I'm sure you're already doing something equivalent. Could I ask what kind of lay-out you'd be going for?
    Lay-out of the Viking's spawn? There's no way I'm going to spoil it for you, sorry. tongue.gif

will there be one joint entrance to the Knights base, and another, team-specific way for both Vikings and Pirates into the Knights base also?
    Oh of course, as time goes on I'm going to try and incorporate more ways of entry to and from all the spawns.
    image-1.gif
  • VengaVenga Senior
    I must have meant B1, ha, sorry.

And no, you've not released any screens - I just mean the fact the entrance is frozen over... it promises something interesting. wink.gif

The light beam may be overkill, yeah, I just didn't notice the dustmote. smile.gif
    The venga bus is coming. :)
    edited July 2009
    Hey guys! It's been kinda quiet on my end in relation to mapping due to the current economy (stupid work, stupid money!). I just want to announce since I became a beta tester, the map's being worked on the orange box engine! W00t!

image-1.gif
  • niknakniknak Authorized Creator, Senior
    you need to be careful not to include secret stuff wink.gif . screenshot looks nice although i would suggest different torches. maby some which are attached to the wall.

archersig_niknak.png spacer.gif

• JasherJasher Senior
    wow looks like they made the gestir spear look way better.
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    Add some staves to the long wooden beam. It doesnt hold it's weight from alone. The knight flags is cut by the entrance
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
    QUOTE (Jasher @ Jul 13 2009, 11:09 AM) »
    wow looks like they made the gestir spear look way better.
    !? Oh no, did they change it? I didn't know it was different. Damn I thought I was being so careful. Just be to be safe, no more screens for a while.
    image-1.gif
  • JasherJasher Senior
    QUOTE (-AOD- Bruce Campbell @ Jul 13 2009, 12:44 PM) »
    !? Oh no, did they change it? I didn't know it was different. Damn I thought I was being so careful. Just be to be safe, no more screens for a while.

well perhaps it's just me but it sure looks like they did but I could be wrong.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    I see you ninjafixed your screen tongue.gif
    Your map is just awesome.
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg