-> Captain !

Comments

• Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    edited 4:13AM
    QUOTE (Woozie)
    Sorry for the double post but I can't edit mine in the Journal forum?

I think the peg leg should be more ghetto, like pure wood. Kinda looks like a metal chair leg.

Yeah, if any change should happen with this it should be that. I don't really like the look of the rubber chunk on the bottom of the peg leg. The peg leg should look like the one in the pirate captain concept art here: http://www.pvkii.com/images/artwork/captain.jpg
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • ResiakResiak Sevy forever. Senior
    QUOTE (Woozie)
    Sorry for the double post but I can't edit mine in the Journal forum?

I think the peg leg should be more ghetto, like pure wood. Kinda looks like a metal chair leg.

I agree with this, it looks a little strange how it is now.
  • OrlOrl PVKII Team
    ok ok , maybe more simples shapes would do .
    I'll change it :roll:
    ad augusta per angusta
    I have a request, but I feel its too small for the suggestions forum.

Can the captain please have a voice com option with a reference to the Monty Python Parrot Sketch? And if you dont know what that is, go look up Parrot Sketch on youtube.
    QUOTE (Orl)
    ok ok , maybe more simples shapes would do .
    I'll change it  :roll:

*waits impatiently*
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • Cpt. BenCpt. Ben Senior
    QUOTE (Orl)
    Hi all,

Captain done.

I'll keep this post up to date.

I you have any comments, please, feel free to leave it here.

ps: i'd like to apologize to the team members ( especially Yeehaa,Jrocket and Crazytalk ) for not giving news for a long time.
    My wife and i had a baby recently so i was VERY BUSY learning all the babystuff biggrin.gif !

ps2: Jrocket, i don't know if u started the textures of the archer but when u do, please tell me so i can help.

First of all congratulations to you and your wife.

Second, good Lord that chin is huge! I hope that's a beard!
    umm.... yarrr??
    Long time fan of the PVK series; don't ever change it guys.

Creator of *ANTI-NINJA SQUAD*
    I owned Ored
    Favourite PVK classes: Sniper Pirate, Spear Viking, Bowman - can't wait to see their counter-parts in PVKII.
    I once killed a player who had god mode on and very recently, a player named something like "Ored" who had speed hacks on. How, you ask? I got angry...
    Thanks Suspect-Device
    Its a beard, it comes fully loaded with a 'beard sense'.
    Orl, when are you going to change the peg leg? I'm dying to see this model with the peg leg a little different. I was hoping for it to look a lot like the one in the concept art, but you don't have to do that. You can just remove that rubber stopper thing at the bottom of the peg.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • PhobosPhobos Senior
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)
    Orl, when are you going to change the peg leg? I'm dying to see this model with the peg leg a little different. I was hoping for it to look a lot like the one in the concept art, but you don't have to do that. You can just remove that rubber stopper thing at the bottom of the peg.

Chill! Give the man some time to breath. Let him finish up the archer first, before he starts messing around with LeChuck here.
    [ˈfoʊ.bəs]
    QUOTE (TooMuchCoffee)
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)

Chill! Give the man some time to breath. Let him finish up the archer first, before he starts messing around with LeChuck here.

I know, I'm just anxious.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • HengishammerHengishammer PVKII Team
    We truely appreciate feedback especially in a positive note about our creative talents and works. We need to all keep in mind though, that Orl will make any changes when he gets to it and does not need to make changes because forum goers wish it.

In the case of the peg leg it is understood, but keep in mind the dev team has their hands full with many jobs at once.

By all means keep giving feedback because we do listen. :grog: :wink:

"Good men die but death cannot kill their names"- Viking Proverb
  • TonttuTonttu Senior
    Captaintastic!

Translation:
    Odd that I didn't notice this until now.
    Bloody good work, can't wait for the skinned one and of course the archer. smile.gif *drools and drowns in his own drool*
    Any word on the parrot sketch voice com?
    QUOTE (Resiak)

The parrot sketch was funny, but what would the voicecom say?
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)
    QUOTE (Resiak)

The parrot sketch was funny, but what would the voicecom say?

Fear my ex-parrot!

I dont know, ill leave it to the professionals(aka the Dev team).
  • jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    FYI - We already have a parrot actually. Its even in the game if you know certain spawning commands and have sv_cheats enabled.
  • doomdoom Senior
    whats the entity name of the parrot? i wanna see it so bad !!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
    Where'd Orl go? He's a modelling genius and he still has some finishing touches on this model and the Archer! Maybe he's doing a lot of the "baby stuff".
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • RomeoJGuyRomeoJGuy Senior
    npc_parrot?

ie

sv_cheats 1
    bind , "npc_create npc_parrot"

hold down , and feel a reenactment of the birds by Alfred Hitchcock.
  • RomeoJGuyRomeoJGuy Senior
    QUOTE (jRocket)
    FYI - We already have a parrot actually. Its even in the game if you know certain spawning commands and have sv_cheats enabled.

BTW what happened to the lava effect you showed in the video? and you decided against using the extended phong shader on knight?
  • jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    Its broken and the author will not respond to emails.

See the thread on hl2world for more details.
  • OrlOrl PVKII Team
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)
    Where'd Orl go? He's a modelling genius and he still has some finishing touches on this model and the Archer! Maybe he's doing a lot of the "baby stuff".

I'm still around. smile.gif

I'll work on those models this weekend.
    ad augusta per angusta
    QUOTE (Orl)
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)

I'm still around. smile.gif

I'll work on those models this weekend.

Good to hear that. Can't wait to see what you do with these 2 models, the Archer and the Captain. You should really do the viking Huscarl model after finishing the captain and archer, you'd probably make him look real cool.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)
    Good to hear that. Can't wait to see what you do with these 2 models, the Archer and the Captain. You should really do the viking Huscarl model after finishing the captain and archer, you'd probably make him look real cool.

I'm sure hes planning on this.
  • OrlOrl PVKII Team
    Here is a little news for those who come often on this topic,
    The Huscarl is already finished. The model was done by Jrocket and believe me it rocks !

Maybe he'll post a few pics soon.
    ad augusta per angusta
  • PhobosPhobos Senior
    PLEASE! Show the huscarl to us! Don't make me beg, oh god, I am already begging! PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAASSEEE!
    [ˈfoʊ.bəs]
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    I like the model, but it looks a bit too cliche, I mean, honestly... eye-patch, pegleg and a hook? Seems a bit overkill to me. Maybe one of those injuries can be given to another Pirate, for balance...
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • Cpt. BenCpt. Ben Senior
    all those were on the Captain in PVK, except for the eye patch. I think it's fine, since the Captain has been around in many battles... but the Skirmisher already has an eye patch... I'm ok about it with or without.
    umm.... yarrr??
    Long time fan of the PVK series; don't ever change it guys.

Creator of *ANTI-NINJA SQUAD*
    I owned Ored
    Favourite PVK classes: Sniper Pirate, Spear Viking, Bowman - can't wait to see their counter-parts in PVKII.
    I once killed a player who had god mode on and very recently, a player named something like "Ored" who had speed hacks on. How, you ask? I got angry...
    Thanks Suspect-Device
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite)
    I like the model, but it looks a bit too cliche, I mean, honestly... eye-patch, pegleg and a hook? Seems a bit overkill to me. Maybe one of those injuries can be given to another Pirate, for balance...

I wonder if he gets handicap parking?
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    I bet.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.