How promote PVKII

shayologoshayologo Senior
edited 9:50PM in PVKII Discussion
PVKII is for me the best Sword game.
I really want to help this game to have new player, but questions is how?

Do you have some idea? what we can do to help the game to be know?
professional video game website don't wan reference it, because it's just a fan made game.

Comments

• PopemasterPopemaster Captain of the Seven Seas PVKII Team
    edited 9:50PM
    Yes I've thought about this as well. An idea I've been thinking about is rebranding / revamping the look of just about everything. This would include the logo, promotional materials, in game menus / hud / ui etc. Obviously all of that would take forever, but not impossible. We could pretend we are launching a "new game," but it's really the same game, new look. If players perceive the game as a "new game," and new players see a new cool style that might bring in more people.

Think about it, how does all that "SKYRIM REMASTER THE REMASTERED EDITION" crap sell the same game again? And people buy it! It's the same game people love with a new spin on it. Maybe we do the same thing for PVKII?

As far as getting seen, Steam is probably the best platform. If we could be on the store page slider every once in awhile, I think that would help a bunch.
  • shayologoshayologo Senior
    edited January 2017
    Yes, good idea but i looking o idea without change the game because i am not a dev. But if dev can do some thing it's could be very good

I have 3 idea
    1 - Creat differen forum/websitef for different game language. People who don't speak English cant find community and stop playing
    2 - Translate wiki for different game language to help new people to find game informations and get skill
    3 - Creat game turnement with prize. people will play and train on pvkii to win reward
  • BrandellBrandell Senior
    edited January 2017
    Lokkdok is working on translation of wiki on russian, but in my opinion, information in wiki is SERIOSLY, SERIOSLY outdated and for us, people, whose native language is not english, it will be hard to update information. Plus, the wiki is quite ded.

So I am currently working on the new russian wiki, but since I am not a master of making such projects, the development goes very slow

P.S: but hey, at least russians have a not-bad guide and even group! But the russian community is not as active and living as the english one
    I am the original french translator of the game, i will start a wiki translation and forum creation
    We have much french player but main of them are child and don't speak english

The game need some translation update, some sentence are not in good contexte but since game is on steam only steam translator can translate and i am not one.

But if dev want update the game some idea

I read reason why some people dislike the game and one it's because the game is not correctly balancing about ranger
    I think it's right about archer, when one/two archer can kill all a team i understand why people don't like stay on the game
    Dev should make some adjustement for it, make archer real range support class and not offensive "melee" class
    And i think a bit buff on Zerker Big axe increase MIN dmg but keep same MAX dmg will help dinah to play with this weapon

Secondly Popemaster idea is very good
    "Think about it, how does all that "SKYRIM REMASTER THE REMASTERED EDITION" crap sell the same game again? And people buy it! It's the same game people love with a new spin on it. Maybe we do the same thing for PVKII?"If game become seel game, PVKII will gain visibility on steam and on VideoGame website

But the remasterised version must be on ligne compatible with normal to not divise player
    A solo game could be add (very long and hard to do mainly for NPC) and player will love it
    But it's a very big work for dev but they will be able to gai,n some money

But in all case we must work together and make link for other language on our wiki/forum
    The problem of leaving and raging players is not "OP archers". The problem is a lack of a good training system. The text hints are not very good at teaching players, because kids can't read and kill at the same time.

There are 2 solutions of this problem:
    1. Real videoguides, that show everything to the player. People in our time don't very like to read, so let's show them everything in video!

2. Training level. Just like in all other games.
  • lokkdokklokkdokk Senior

I am the original french translator of the game, i will start a wiki translation and forum creation
    We have much french player but main of them are child and don't speak english

The game need some translation update, some sentence are not in good contexte but since game is on steam only steam translator can translate and i am not one.

But if dev want update the game some idea

I read reason why some people dislike the game and one it's because the game is not correctly balancing about ranger
    I think it's right about archer, when one/two archer can kill all a team i understand why people don't like stay on the game
    Dev should make some adjustement for it, make archer real range support class and not offensive "melee" class
    And i think a bit buff on Zerker Big axe increase MIN dmg but keep same MAX dmg will help dinah to play with this weapon

Secondly Popemaster idea is very good
    "Think about it, how does all that "SKYRIM REMASTER THE REMASTERED EDITION" crap sell the same game again? And people buy it! It's the same game people love with a new spin on it. Maybe we do the same thing for PVKII?"If game become seel game, PVKII will gain visibility on steam and on VideoGame website

But the remasterised version must be on ligne compatible with normal to not divise player
    A solo game could be add (very long and hard to do mainly for NPC) and player will love it
    But it's a very big work for dev but they will be able to gai,n some money

But in all case we must work together and make link for other language on our wiki/forum

Hello bro! Thats good idea.
    my work on Russian wiki slowed coz i'm make a remake pvk_freeze and updating unreleased map page.
    We need to promote. as example: as objective for devs with new class bondi need release a two good videos. 1) introdusing bondi (forest PIMP) , and new meat video with COMBATS, SPECIALS AND MORE MORE MORE.
    It is kind of an age old question, "How to retain / add players in a very skill based game?"

I think the solutions I usually hear is a tutorial system and bots. Both of which, I believe, are being worked on or have been worked on at some point. I think players have to have the feeling of improvement. It's hard with a game as old as this because there are veterans with 6,000 hours vs dinahs with 5 hours. It's hard for me to understand because I'm one of those players who is really competitive and will grind to the top. In order for that to happen the game has to hook me first. It has done that already with people since it's been around so long, that's why I think the new rebrand is a good idea to get people back interested.
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited January 2017
    I think a tutorial section would wear off easily and very few would bother booting up. How about a scenario mode? If the mod ever gets bot support, It could be a way for the player to practice like the real deal without being overwhelmed by more skilled players when joining servers. Imagine TF2's offline play but with more intelligent bots. I could imagine a branch of difficulty levels for each game mode and/or map. Here's an example:

Island
    Level 1: win a match, plain and simple
    Level 2: win a match with two or more chests
    Level 3: win a match with the Knights' countdown not reached halfway through
    Level 4: win a match with the other team's countdown over 100
    Level 5: win a match with all six chests
    Level 6: on Knights, win a match without losing any chest

The rulesets could easily be applied and there's no need to change anything in the level itself.
    Plus, playtime and online stats could be disabled in scenario mode, so that novice players can wander around with any class he likes. In short, it might not be the Adventure Mode that me and Spirrwell would love to see in PVKII, but it's definitely one way to give the mod some replay value.

Oh, and Leggionaire's post reminds me, might as well help on the portuguese translation because I believe no one touched it ever after the Steam release, seven years ago.

76561198031989549.png

edited January 2017
    I like that idea, a good way to get to familiar with the maps.

I think we all know what would bring more people playing...An item / cosmetic economy system :emot-awesome: that's what all the "cool" games are doing! xD Would it be that hard to do with all the workshop stuff we have now? I mean heck even no name games are doing this now, take Ratz Instagib for example.
    edited January 2017
    Cosmetics are fine as long they don't interfere with gameplay and aesthetic, which is TF2's biggest flaw ever since Valve went overboard with the Mann Co. Store's introduction (heck. even Robin Walker admits the mistake). I had sketeched out the idea of unlockable skins with the proposed Adventure/Co-op mode where, with every mission completed, the class which the player used would get an alternate skin for one of their weapons. It could work with the Scenario Mode, much like how in traditional business simulator games (ex: Zoo Tycoon) you get rewards when completing scenarios. It wouldn't make difference though, since a skin is a skin and, unless you give to that skin in particular unique stats (something that the dev team takes quite some time to tweak), they'd be somewhat useless.

76561198031989549.png

How contribute to the wiki? to start a french translation
    edited January 2017

How contribute to the wiki? to start a french translation

You need to talk to, uh, CrazyTalk, and ask if the wiki's platform is capable of multilingual extensions because, as far I'm concerned, not every extension is available to use once you purchase a domain. Also, prepare for the tough work because extending a wiki is a tiresome task, let alone building one from scratch.

76561198031989549.png

Russian communauty already created a translation page it's totally integrate to the wiki without new domain, i could creat a completly new one, but i think first a translation could be good
  • cainsithcainsith Beta Tester
    Alright, I can give some input into this topic as any and all thoughts on the matter could help in some way shape or form. I must say before hand that I'm no "expert" on business or branding but have done my own research into the topic to increase my knowledge on business and things in general. I know pvkii is free but if you think about it in the light of something you want to be successful (be it money or renown etc), it could be very beneficial to throw ideas around to try and get this game up higher than it's ever been. I may not have been on much lately due to life and work and whatnot but after all these years I like to try and help when I can.

As popemaster has stated, I believe PVKII is in need of a rebranding and have thought about it for quite some time now. I'd also like to have some kind of teamspeak or skype open meeting or discussion on the topic at some point as well if anyone is interest. Continuing on will be my thoughts on what I think should be changed/updated to try and help bring in more people. Also the list shouldn't be followed in any specific order per say as i'm just typing this as it comes to me.

1. PVKII Needs a new name. I've personally tried to get countless people into this game and the first thing that always comes up is the name. It isn't catchy or interesting and in fact way too long. Even if you just shorten it to say "pvk2" it doesn't draw people in to it. I've asked hundreds of people via online, met at gaming venues (local arcade and gamer hangouts), and even actual friends and coworkers and they always said something about the name. "It sounds weird" "it's really long", "Doesn't sound that interesting" the list goes on and on. If you think of our competitors (Mount and Blade, Chivalry, For Honor, Kingdom Come: Deliverance), their names sound interesting (at least to me) and have gotten me to look into them. This is a topic which I think will require a lot more discussion on.

2. We need to establish what type of game we truly are. Pvk has changed quite a bit over the years while still remaining similar to what I felt it was at the beginning. To me it has always been a semi-serious game. Serious in its combat system and semi serious through it's characters, dialogue and specials/weapons up to a point. The captain special, the parrot, skirmisher keg, HK helicopter, Archer's flaming arrows were all semi serious but added a lot of great utility and depth to the game and how it can be played. I personally hate the MAA's farting special as it just took a massive dive into the "Super Silly" side of the spectrum and would have preferred other alternatives like the original halberd slam that maybe added a disoriented dizzy effect or something. Honestly when I mention the MAA special to people when I talk about the game they think it's funny and silly at first and then just cant take discussions about the game seriously anymore. I also think rolling was funny but it isn't that great of a mechanic and would have preferred something like a quick hop/sidestep mechanic instead. We need to focus on the demographic that we want to play our game and polish it to make it relevant to bring them in. Do we want to hit the hardcore competitive gamer demographic? The casual gamers? I personally think the game already hits a good audience with casual gamers who can pick it up and have fun, but it's in depth enough for some to truly master and make competitive.

3. We need to think about what differentiates us from our competitors. Medieval melee type games are slowly popping up more and more and that means we have to compete with other games (some mentioned above) for new/concurrent players. What sets us apart from these other games? What do we do better? What do they do better? What do we have that's unique to our game? What could we emphasize to make us stand out more? How do they promote their game/product? These are all good questions to start with that can help move us forward. I personally believe we should strive to be our own unique thing and not try and imitate other games mechanics and things. Otherwise we won't really stand out much and would be comparably "samey" to the other games out there.

4. We need more relevant media about the game. We have screenshots and we have trailers. What we need is more user generated content to pump into the game and get people to see it. It's been shown multiple times that popular youtubers who play the game give us a huge influx of players for a while but we cant make them stay. As mentioned already we need a tutorial system in place to get people familiar with the mechanics and concepts of the game. We need more people making videos showing what the game is really about and what all you can do in it. Sick player montages, people talking about the game/reviewing it, making casual lets plays of it. We need better content out there to try and get people interested in it. Updating the wiki would be an incredible idea as well and i've seen a lot of mentions on trying to get that ball rolling. The people are out there and we just have to try and put in a little more effort to bring them to us which will bring in more talent in the long run as well. We may not all be popular youtubers or anything like that but I believe we can bring more people in by showing that we have dedicated players and a content creating community to showoff the game.

These are all I have for now and will probably update my post when I get some more time to continue in this discussion. Feel free to reach out to me on steam or on here if you want to talk about it more.
    edited January 2017
    cainsith wrote:

I'd also like to have some kind of teamspeak or skype open meeting or discussion on the topic at some point as well if anyone is interest.

An official Discord group could do the trick.

cainsith wrote:

1. PVKII Needs a new name.

Hard to think of a new name, actually. PVK does make your tongue roll out like crazy, but it's not an easy task to think of a simple title that englobes three distinct factions. Well, there's For Honor, but it's not very reminiscent of the mod's nature.

cainsith wrote:

2. We need to establish what type of game we truly are. Pvk has changed quite a bit over the years while still remaining similar to what I felt it was at the beginning. To me it has always been a semi-serious game.

Apart from MaA's special attack, I think that the game's sense of humor has always been fairly consistent throughout the years. Slapstick is good, taunts are good, music is over-the-top dramatic, it does stand out from the crowd when compared to the other medieval-based games.
    I've mentioned in the beta testers forums that a brand new special for the MaA, which gives the same effect as the fart cloud but it doesn't look stupid nor it hurts performance, could be done in the form of a greek fire grenade. And before everyone says "Sharpshooter reskin", hold your horses, because rather than it being a traditional grenade it's actually more like an ancestor of the molotov one. To me it should be the top choice for a complete replacement of the MaA special.

cainsith wrote:

3. We need to think about what differentiates us from our competitors.

For Honor is pretty much the one that resembles PVK the most, excluding the fact that it has ninja-I mean, samurais, and so far the game modes are traditional arena, deathmatch and territory ones. Chivalry stands out because few classes are compensated with a wide variety of unique weapons. What do we have in our favor? Well, firearms, explosive weapons, color, I guess, and we do find a way to give traditional game modes a twist, which is the case of Booty and Trinket Wars. It may not be enough to feel unique, but personality is something that the other two lack. It's not the cringe-worthy 'tude that Overwatch has, but all characters are likeable, unless of course, you're a natural-born Archer hater.

cainsith wrote:

4. We need more relevant media about the game.

We've been getting a lot of internet celebrities and LPers playing the mod lately, most notably Vinecause and the Funhaus guys, not to mention SeaNanners, who made the mod popular again. If we're able to bring them to PVK, we could bring the Valve community as well, which is something I've been asking for quite a while, with a review of the mod by ValveTime (but since the channel is somewhat dead atm, Valve News Network is a better option).
    As when it comes to the wiki, I've been one of the few doing all of the work over the past two years or so.

76561198031989549.png

edited January 2017
    cainsith wrote:

1. PVKII Needs a new name.

I've thought about this too, more on the design side of it. I've been messing around with a new logo, and let me tell you it's difficult to make a logo where you are trying to incorporate 3 entirely separate ideas (Pirates / Vikings / Knights). The name needs to be emotional or tell a story around the gameplay. "For Honor" is a great example because it's pretty much the same setup with the 3 teams and they didn't name it Knights, Vikings, & Samurais.

This video illustrates the point of creating the emotional connection:

cainsith wrote:

3. We need to think about what differentiates us from our competitors.

You've said you hate the silly stuff of the game, but I would say this is a big thing that sets us apart. The tone is Monty Python silly while the gameplay remains serious, which I personally love. It keeps it competitive but is fun and lighthearted. The MAA special is very silly in the idea of it but the actual mechanic works well as a team support special. The question would be how do we play into this for the game's benefit? Maybe we go full on Monty Python with it? I think the silly side fails sometimes right now because it's more in the background and not apart of the main "story" that we should be building as a brand.
    edited January 2017
    On the title subject, I've been thinking about something reminiscent of titles such as Timesplitters, because it's implied that all three factions travel through time back and forth. According to the wiki's old History page there was an attempt at remaking the original GoldSrc mod called Pirates, Vikings and Knights: Maidens and Mayhem, which is yet another clue of the mod and the dev team's quirky humor. If we find a title which combines humor and time-travel we can get a winning fomula. Bear in mind that PVK was originally intended to be a joke mod which somehow ended up being a success.
    The Chivalry team had the easiest job in the world by adding "Meieval Warfare" to the title so they could get more attention.
    I'll update this post a later time to give some ideas.

76561198031989549.png

Forum i created with simple design (strange adresse because it's free)
    http://pvk2france.890m.com/pvkForum/

I started some wiki translation (3pages) but i wait edit acces to update

i will start a website
    edited January 2017
    shayologo wrote:

Forum i created with simple design (strange adresse because it's free)
    http://pvk2france.890m.com/pvkForum/

I started some wiki translation (3pages) but i wait edit acces to update

i will start a website

Honestly, I think you're waisting your time. I think this is a much bigger issue than translations, but I could be wrong.
    it's sure you will not find an horde of new player but it's the best i can do to give some live to the community. i am not a dev and not a famous youtouber
    but it's will increase game reference and maybe help some people to find the game with internet

I really would like, when a player search for a sword game he find fastly PVKII
  • cainsithcainsith Beta Tester
    AGSMA wrote:

Apart from MaA's special attack, I think that the game's sense of humor has always been fairly consistent throughout the years. Slapstick is good, taunts are good, music is over-the-top dramatic, it does stand out from the crowd when compared to the other medieval-based games.
    I've mentioned in the beta testers forums that a brand new special for the MaA, which gives the same effect as the fart cloud but it doesn't look stupid nor it hurts performance, could be done in the form of a greek fire grenade. And before everyone says "Sharpshooter reskin", hold your horses, because rather than it being a traditional grenade it's actually more like an ancestor of the molotov one. To me it should be the top choice for a complete replacement of the MaA special.

I think it's a good idea to go back to the drawing board about it and think about how we can make the ability stay the same but jut make it a little less silly than it is at least haha. I've been pondering something like a poison grenade or all kinds of things on it. I think we should all do a lot of brainstorming on it again and throw some ideas at the wall and see what can stick.

AGSMA wrote:

For Honor is pretty much the one that resembles PVK the most, excluding the fact that it has ninja-I mean, samurais, and so far the game modes are traditional arena, deathmatch and territory ones. Chivalry stands out because few classes are compensated with a wide variety of unique weapons. What do we have in our favor? Well, firearms, explosive weapons, color, I guess, and we do find a way to give traditional game modes a twist, which is the case of Booty and Trinket Wars. It may not be enough to feel unique, but personality is something that the other two lack. It's not the cringe-worthy 'tude that Overwatch has, but all characters are likeable, unless of course, you're a natural-born Archer hater.

I agree with what is said here. I mainly proposed the questions to kind of help everyone think about what game we have in the scope of things. The characters are very likeable as well in my opinion and one of the major reasons why I have loved the game for so long.

AGSMA wrote:

We've been getting a lot of internet celebrities and LPers playing the mod lately, most notably Vinecause and the Funhaus guys, not to mention SeaNanners, who made the mod popular again. If we're able to bring them to PVK, we could bring the Valve community as well, which is something I've been asking for quite a while, with a review of the mod by ValveTime (but since the channel is somewhat dead atm, Valve News Network is a better option).
    As when it comes to the wiki, I've been one of the few doing all of the work over the past two years or so.

I kind of meant it as trying to get the members we already have in our community to pump out more content about the game. Popular youtubers are great sure. But I feel that someone looking up the game and finding someone from our own community who makes good content about the game and can go in greater detail and things might help people become more interested. Not saying we flood the internet with videos but it's something we can definitely discuss more about doing.

Popemaster wrote:

I've thought about this too, more on the design side of it. I've been messing around with a new logo, and let me tell you it's difficult to make a logo where you are trying to incorporate 3 entirely separate ideas (Pirates / Vikings / Knights). The name needs to be emotional or tell a story around the gameplay. "For Honor" is a great example because it's pretty much the same setup with the 3 teams and they didn't name it Knights, Vikings, & Samurais.

I definitely agree that it's a challenge to accomplish and I've been pondering it for a long time myself. I'm just thinking that if we all brainstorm it together and throw some ideas around it might head us into the right direction.

Popemaster wrote:

You've said you hate the silly stuff of the game, but I would say this is a big thing that sets us apart. The tone is Monty Python silly while the gameplay remains serious, which I personally love. It keeps it competitive but is fun and lighthearted. The MAA special is very silly in the idea of it but the actual mechanic works well as a team support special. The question would be how do we play into this for the game's benefit? Maybe we go full on Monty Python with it? I think the silly side fails sometimes right now because it's more in the background and not apart of the main "story" that we should be building as a brand.

Honestly it's the silly things that make me love the game the most. I love the humor of the characters and voice lines, but I just think the MAA special is just "way too silly". Don't get me wrong what the special does is unique and interesting and adds more to the game, I just feel like we could approach it a bit differently haha. He's actually one of my top favorites and I play him the most on knights. The silliness in this game is something I do believe that sets us apart but I feel that we need to find a balance. I think of the taunts and things fondly. Even when the HK still had is googly-eyes was hilarious to me as I thought it was like a tiny easter egg because it wasn't noticeable unless you looked for it. I am a firm believer in trying many different things so we could try all kinds of different changes and plop em in the dev build and see how things go.
  • BagasBagas Senior
    shayologo wrote:

Yes, good idea but i looking o idea without change the game because i am not a dev. But if dev can do some thing it's could be very good

I have 3 idea
    1 - Creat differen forum/websitef for different game language. People who don't speak English cant find community and stop playing
    2 - Translate wiki for different game language to help new people to find game inormations and get skill
    3 - Creat game turnement with prize. people will play and train on pvkii to win reward

Since when does someone get skill in wiki?
    I wish it was that simple for everything in life...
    Oh lets go to wiki get more skill :D
    FZkBmH.jpg
    Bagas wrote:

Since when does someone get skill in wiki?
    I wish it was that simple for everything in life...
    Oh lets go to wiki get more skill :D

The wiki helps people get knowlege of the game and through that become more skilled, knowing weaknesess of other classes
    I never looked at the wiki as an instruction booklet on how to play the game. To me it has always been what wikis are meant to be: an archive that tells us how far we've come to.

76561198031989549.png

With the wiki you have all weapon informations and classes

You can know if what is better between archer sword and skirm sword
    Who is faster Zerk or MAA
    HS damage ect...

And you can count how much hit you need to kill someone with a weapon

SS pistole = 45dmg
    Archer heal+armor = 180
    180/45 = 4 shoot to kill

If the game has a little bug and your gun don't do 45 but one time 44 (it's happenend to me) after 4 shoot archer life will be 1Hp and you will need 5 shoot (or die befor you 5rd shoot like me)
    edited January 2017
    I think that is nitpicking, your average player isn't looking up the damage numbers. Plus you can see how much damage you do in the game itself :P

Something more helpful would be information on the Perfect Parry mechanics. When I first started playing this was a big deal for me because it could mean life or death from one counter swing. This is game breaking if this is never explained because the player will keep dying to it and not knowing why, then they will get mad and quit. This needs to be one of the first tutorials in my opinion. Explaining who can parry who, two handed vs one handed, the exceptions...the complexity goes on.
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    I might make a bigger response later, but to chime in on the perfect parry thing... There is no consistency of one vs two handed weapons and what weapons they can parry. MAA halberd and Gestir spear are both two handed, but cannot parry other two handed weapons besides each other. The parry indicator HUD definitely helps with showing you what you can and can't parry, but it is something that isn't explained and the only way you can know it is to test out parrying each weapon with each other. The other problem with parrying, which I had when I started, is that automatic parrying is not clear. I thought parrying was completely broken.

Also whenever I go from computer to computer\new PVKII install I get thrown off by the weapon not parrying in the direction I want it to, because it's automatic. Auto parry is not perfect, if it were I wouldn't notice it so easily. (I have Steam Cloud disabled in case anybody is going to mention that. Across multiple operating systems with different mouse settings, having it disabled works best) Hm, you know maybe I should make a hardware cache\profile feature where it detects hardware per OS and saves a profile for it, so when you swap hardware it will automatically load the settings associated with it.

Anyway, it's just nowhere clear enough. The automatic parrying is bound to confuse any new player. I've heard it time and time again, people come to my server and find out that there's different parry types because it's manual only thinking that parrying was broken before. We do absolutely need something that explains this better. I don't care if it's in big bold letters the size of the screen, it needs to be made clearer.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Senior
    Funny how there was no daring ex-Beta Tester, Veteran or PNV posting here. No comments/complaints (or to be more realistic, whines) about how the community is crap, how the devs went after something else other than "originality" or so, etc.

Thing is, I'm sure there are many ways to promote PVKII, some easier than you think. Take Squeezie for example, he's a great example, it's thanks to him we got a "Frenchkids Invasion", but it wasn't just children who joined but also teenagers and young adults.
    Yeah, most of them were bad, are bad, are still bad and so on, but we had FRESH MEAT and that was freaking great.

So, convincing some YouTuber with a crapload of viewers/subscribers would be excellent. It won't always work, the latest 3 videos didn't bring anydamnbody at all, but still, a chance is a chance.

Other than that, hardly any way to bring PVKII to a "live state". It may just be improbable unless the devs decide to switch engine and make you pay to play the game, which I REALLY hope that won't happen (even though I'd love to get money for the work I did, but you think I will considering nearly every Beta Tester and Developer hates me in the team?!).

The thing I really despise most in PVKII is not even "the community", but how "the community" works.
    You see a server, just ONE player, you join it.
    YET the server is either actually too boring to play in (SteamLUG, great server but no plugins, can't even vote for a map) or is bugged-up (The current "24/7 Island Party" is not even ran by the same ol' author, instead, it appears to be run by an aimbotter, but I still think that's a rumour. Besides, it gets worse when you realize the bugs in that server are actually meant to be intentional)

So, what the heck, community?

Now comes my personal time;
    Despite all I did for PVKII, I get zero appreciation. All the appreciations I ever gotten were pretty much meaningless.
    Honestly, I don't mind that, but not when I feel like you're, let me say it like a paranoid moustacheman, "secretly sabotaging" me.
    Even appreciations from people I know that truly appreciate it, I just can't seem to trust them. It's pathetic of me.

My textures sure mean nothing at all, even if some of them will go to the official version.
    My servers mean nothing, despite the many times I spent on it to make it the best possible. EVEN BEGGING PEOPLE TO MAKE ME FUNCTIONAL PLUGINS, PEOPLE WHO NEVER EVER PLAYED PVKII.
    (Disclaimer: don't go telling me to learn SourcePawn or whatever, I'm really not a nerd)

And just because I'm apparently an arsehole I get all this treatment?
    The whole attitude I get in the forum is some extreme passive-aggressiveness combined with avoidance.
    In-game, I only get respect when I'm mildly 'abusive', other than that there's this one very rare guy who likes me because I'm crazy.

Damn, I even feel sympathetic with those ex-Beta Testers, but I don't want to be and I WON'T be.

I don't care if you Beta Testers and some Devs hate me, for all I care keep on doing it, I'm probably fueled by it more than I'm fueled by Olive Oil.
    I care about the game, baby.

Okay, enough about me and crap.

Most people tell me that the issue with PVKII having low players is because most of the PVKII players are arseholes.
    I deny that.
    I think most n3wbies are the arseholes, they just come in thinking this will be a crappy game and then start making idiotic commentaries about how this game sucks, like anybody really cares...Or understands anyway.

Meanwhile, those who really want to give a chance? It sure takes a tough time for them, some live on and keep playing while others just die out slowly (the latter happens way more often than usual).
    Just like most of you said, I highly doubt the wiki as some useful source for "tutorials" and the like, only for the most complex stuff or so, better used as a repository, a great repository.
    If we want to train n3wbies, then for feck sake just make up a fecking "Training Map" already. (Luckily enough, I've made my potentialist Momo get on it, he'll make it good.)
    And let's go further; Let's add proper bots, maybe UT2004-intelligent bots, Godlike or more.

Yeah yeah, I know for sure these two suggestions are insane because of how things are right now, but can you even blame me?
    Honestly, PVKII looks like some kind of 'Pandora's Box', many people get with it, they love it and very slowly start to hate it beyond oblivion they quit the game entirely and never want to talk about it.
    Am I wrong? I REALLY hope I am and I didn't jynx it.

Personally, my first time playing PVKII was all about how weak the Vikings were and how strong the Pirates & Knights were...At least a year passes, and I realize that Vikings are only weak because they're the only ones who spawn looking directly at the Pirates' spawn, so Vikings are essentially the "Dumb N3wbie/Forever N0ob" trope in PVKII, meanwhile the other two are the true potentialists. You can't blame the Vikings.

P.S. Who the feck thought replacing those two words with "Dinah" would be...Cool or whatever the heck?
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• BagasBagas Senior
    Dammit Negro!
    Where do you get the time and energy to write all the huge texts you write in the forum :D
    I apreciate the skins you made for pvkii,
    But I think the shaders are useless, sometimes cant even tell the diference :P

I suggest pvkii adding a skin shop, so that they can earn money and use it to speed the game development by employing workers.
    And that way you can also earn money by creating cool skins, like the ones you already created (minus the rose team logo for the knights skin, thats just a little gay)
    FZkBmH.jpg
    El Negro wrote:

What makes you think us getting money developing PVKII will make it better?