About sword-and-axe combo

BrandellBrandell Senior
edited 2:19PM in Suggestions
I just want to ask why this weapon still exists.
Right now this weapon is REALLY rarely used. It's being used only by the dinahs, and that kinda annoys anyone, because they are not useful to your team, and vikings lose very often.
I know that there was another disscusion about that. I know that this weapon can deal much more damage than big axe, but this weapon has MANY cons:

1. It's easy to block
2. It's easy to dodge
3. You need to be really close to the enemy
4. It's too hard to deal high damage, because enemy can EASILY run or jump.
5. It's not 2handed weapon, it's can't block the 2handed sword, that will cut off your head because you will stay really close
6. You need to fully focus on your enemy and aim on it.

"But you can switch the attack direction really fast". Well, say that to auto-blocking system that can easily switch the direction of block.

And here is the big axe. It's long, fast and deadly. But it's kinda hard to use for dinahs.
And they just start to use the sword-and-axe combo. Just hold the mouse button and W button. and heroicly die, because this weapon is almost useless!
I see many times the teams with W+M1 berserkers with low score. Just because of this cancerous weapon. So here is the question: why it's still exists, if it's just completely useless? Sneak behind? Why, if we have big axe? Tighten the enemy into a corner? Why, if he can block the weapon? Destroy the shields? Get pushed!

Sorry for mistakes and bad english.

Comments

• El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKII Senior
    edited 2:19PM
    Brandell wrote:
    "But you can switch the attack direction really fast". Well, say that to auto-blocking system that can easily switch the direction of block.

Oh yeah, you tell that to these two nerds, Felis and Spirrwell, they will say auto-parry freakin' sucks and it's broken and all that.

I would talk about these comboweapons but then my secrets will be revealed, so screw ya'll.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited October 2016
    El Negro wrote:

Oh yeah, you tell that to these two nerds, Felis and Spirrwell, they will say auto-parry freakin' sucks and it's broken and all that.

It's true. Also by the logic that you can switch block direction really fast because of auto parry, that would also apply to ANY other weapon. And if you were good with manual the same thing could be said. Moral of the story is, switching directions really fast with the lawnmower is much harder to block fast enough than a normal attack with average speed. Also you can fully charge.

The other thing is when you have a special, it can't be perfect parried, making it much more useful.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• BrandellBrandell Senior
    edited August 2016
    Spirrwell wrote:

It's true. Also by the logic that you can switch block direction really fast because of auto parry, that would also apply to ANY other weapon. And if you were good with manual the same thing could be said. Moral of the story is, switching directions really fast with the lawnmower there is much harder to block fast enough than a normal attack with average speed. Also you can fully charge.

The other thing is when you have a special, it can't be perfect parried, making it much more useful.

The combat system does not consist of only blocks and attacks. It also requires agility, reaction and a bit of luck. Even if you know how to quicly switch attack directions, it doesnt help you against skilled players.
    Of course, I found this weapon useful against dinahs. Kill the SS or Archer while he is reloading. Destroy HKs shield, kill from behind. But they are ONLY dinahs. What about skilled players?
    SS or Archer will look around and quickly react. Their speed allows him easily just kill you from long range.
    Destroy HK's shield? He will push you, and then cut off your head with his giant sword, just because it's long, and you can't get close to him without getting damage. Kill from behind? It's very rarely when no one noticed you, but even with that, a good player will quickly react and roll away.
    I am expirienced PVKII player. I saw ALL types of berserkers. And I saw SMART W+M1 berserkers, that knew how to use this useless weapon, that knew how to block, attack, kick, dodge, roll. But where are they? Exactly, dead. They all got rekt months or years ago, just because it's easy to kill the player with this weapon. You can not defeat the enemy with this weapon without losing a large number of health.
    I have never see any dev or tester on our eternal Island servers in Europe. You talk about this weapon only in theory, but you don't want to have any practice with it, just because the big axe is much better alternative weapon.

Oh, of course, the special attack!
    I played many times as the W+M1 berserker and against them, and I can say that even with special attack this weapon is useless. Of course, you will deal a bit more damage, but what is the point, if the enemy can easily just jump around and kill you? I did it many times. They did it many times. And it almost always worked well. Big axe with special is much deadlier weapon.
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Beta Tester
    edited August 2016
    http://forums.pvkii....showtopic=15498
    Was on the front page...

Anyway, weapon is nice for sneaking and going ballistic on shields with special/hold parry for some reason.
    Crouching aids with staying on them.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    edited August 2016
    If you don't like it, don't use it :icon_viking2:
    Not all classes are created equal
    76561198022443233.png
    Gallery of Rage
    OnqKl5B.jpg
    8ICrnFR.png :wub:
    rYEKvgb.jpg
    He1WpjQ.png <- lts_skypirates fun
    d1vRvor.png
    TudA52z.png
    8ABWxKM.jpg
  • AngriparenAngriparen Senior
    Spirrwell wrote:
    Moral of the story is, switching directions really fast with the lawnmower there is much harder to block fast enough than a normal attack with average speed.

Even if the berserker perhaps do have the possibility to change attackdirections faster than normal attacks with average speed it's not enough for trying to get in for that one uncharged swing. You have to change direction first and then go closer and then perhaps hit your enemy. The opponent will have the time to set a new block with PP + counterattack before you can deal any reasonable dmg. It's a bad trade for the berserker even if the defending player is kind enough to stand completly still. You don't se berserkers play that way for a reason.

The chargeable attack requires you to step backwards which sync. terrible with the short rage of the weapon.

I agree with Brandell: dealing with more experinced players with the dual wield doesn't work at all. The Big axe is always the better option in those cases.
    But...with special I belive dual wield works fine.
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Angriparen wrote:

You have to change direction first and then go closer and then perhaps hit your enemy. The opponent will have the time to set a new block with PP + counterattack before you can deal any reasonable dmg. It's a bad trade for the berserker even if the defending player is kind enough to stand completly still. You don't se berserkers play that way for a reason.

You can change direction without having to back away. Also, the opponent has quite limited time to react to a change in direction. Seriously, all you have to do is keep pressing the attack button repeatedly instead of holding it down. Therefore the direction in which you swing will change depending on your movement or mouse if you use the mouse setting.

The duration for each swing excluding that of the back swing is 0.3 seconds. So if you can time your change in direction according to the time it takes to swing, that's less than half a second. If you try it yourself, you can see that the Berserker sort of snaps to each direction each time you do it. Spamming the attack button and moving slightly isn't really that hard. Trying to block in the right direction relative to those changes, is difficult, because you're already swinging at the time you make that change in direction.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██