Calling All Photoshoppers & Artists!

Comments

• MS32MS32 Server Owner Senior
    edited 2:06PM
    Beroxardas wrote:

Winter, huh ? So now it`s like ... December 2016?

Winter includes December, January and February, sunshine. That post was made in January 2016, so it was well within bounds to call itself "Winter 2016 Update"
    MYXrTnV.png
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
  • BeroxardasBeroxardas Senior
    edited April 2016
    I have no idea what are you talking about now. This is exactly what I meant. January 2016 passed, February passed, hell its even end of March. Concluding we got one more month of winter in 2016, December..
    So either devs were too optimistic, thinking that they can launch this update in Jan-March beggining OR actually from the beggining the date of upcoming update is now december 2016.
    Third possible outcome is the work progress delaying, so quoted words "winter 2016" wont be true anyway.

Edit: Thanks for clarifying your point below MS32 ;)
    I`m really sorry for my bad English. I`m not a native speaker.
    Beroxardas wrote:

I have no idea what are you talking about now. This is exactly what I meant. January 2016 passed, February passed, hell its even end of March. Concluding we got one more month of winter in 2016, December..
    So either devs were too optimistic, thinking that they can launch this update in Jan-March beggining OR actually from the beggining the date of upcoming update is now december 2016.
    Third possible outcome is the work progress delaying, so quoted words "winter 2016" wont be true anyway.

The assumption being that "Winter" refers to when the update is released, rather than when it's announced to the community or work has started on it.
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    Beroxardas wrote:

So either devs were too optimistic, thinking that they can launch this update in Jan-March beggining

This was our goal that we didn't manage to achieve. But like how free mod development often goes, the dates we give are never accurate. We do this for free in our freetime with zero obligation and have real lives to care about, so delays can very easily happen. It's something that should be kept in mind when following free mod development.

Next update (3.4) will feature much more than just achievements, it will be released when everything is ready to go. You don't have to wait for Dec 2016, that's something we CAN promise. B)
  • El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKII Senior
    Beroxardas wrote:

I dare you to learn doing something related to PC (texturing, mapping, animating [We sure need some animators], modelling, etc) then try joining the PVKII team.

Nobody is paying us to do anything of this, hell nobody is even actually thanking us for this.

All we get is whine and whine and whine, complains complains and complains. We never get any true appreciation, that's something extremely rare. Because of that, anybody who says "Thank you" is pretty much a godsend.
    What do we get? We have these old butthurt veterans that want the "old times" back, with the old voices which were pretty much a joke compared to these new ones and because of that they just don't play the game (it's only voices, idiots). Why is everybody so conservative? I've yet to meet somebody who wants the kick removed, though.

So, you "understanding our pain" or not, it's not what I mean or care. I only want you to have empathy, as long as you're not a true psychopath, of getting into the view of a PVKII developer (even modder, even beta tester) and see what's the "problem".

Ever made something that is pretty much incredibly good yet everybody starts talking badly about it for no good reason at all? Well, going personal, I always get that, but I know I'm not the only one, and I'm sure I can probably understand the "pain" of those that get it. (I'm more mad at how these "haters" don't even dare make a good critic, even if it's destructive)
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

El Negro wrote:

I dare you to learn doing something related to PC (texturing, mapping, animating [We sure need some animators], modelling, etc) then try joining the PVKII team.

Nobody is paying us to do anything of this, hell nobody is even actually thanking us for this.

All we get is whine and whine and whine, complains complains and complains. We never get any true appreciation, that's something extremely rare. Because of that, anybody who says "Thank you" is pretty much a godsend.
    What do we get? We have these old butthurt veterans that want the "old times" back, with the old voices which were pretty much a joke compared to these new ones and because of that they just don't play the game (it's only voices, idiots). Why is everybody so conservative? I've yet to meet somebody who wants the kick removed, though.

So, you "understanding our pain" or not, it's not what I mean or care. I only want you to have empathy, as long as you're not a true psychopath, of getting into the view of a PVKII developer (even modder, even beta tester) and see what's the "problem".

Ever made something that is pretty much incredibly good yet everybody starts talking badly about it for no good reason at all? Well, going personal, I always get that, but I know I'm not the only one, and I'm sure I can probably understand the "pain" of those that get it. (I'm more mad at how these "haters" don't even dare make a good critic, even if it's destructive)

The really good thing about baseless claims, baseless criticisms or baseless complaints is that they are very easily dismissed as noise.
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
  • BeroxardasBeroxardas Senior
    El Negro wrote:

I totally support your point here (reallly, thanks for saying loud what was also in my mind) but whoa, I am not complaining at PVK or progress speed, damn I had to be misunderstood here. Felis post is exactly filling my intentions of getting know the closer date of upcoming changes that I honestly wait for with a smile when enjoying pvk as it is.
    I`d really love to give PVK something more valuable then this little money I donated, but I REALLY lack skills to do that. Once more, I`m not hating anything here.

Well OK I hate ingame rolling, does this count?
    I`m really sorry for my bad English. I`m not a native speaker.
    MS32 wrote:

The really good thing about baseless claims, baseless criticisms or baseless complaints is that they are very easily dismissed as noise.

Too bad I love noise (I even listen to "Noise" music)

And well, problem or not, bad or good, I LOVE getting into conflicts.

Beroxardas wrote:

I totally support your point here (reallly, thanks for saying loud what was also in my mind) but whoa, I am not complaining at PVK or progress speed, damn I had to be misunderstood here. Felis post is exactly filling my intentions of getting know the closer date of upcoming changes that I honestly wait for with a smile when enjoying pvk as it is.
    I`d really love to give PVK something more valuable then this little money I donated, but I REALLY lack skills to do that. Once more, I`m not hating anything here.

Well OK I hate ingame rolling, does this count?

Don't worry, I wasn't completely directly attacking you and saying you're the only "whiny-whiny" here (besides, you weren't actually even whining at all), but still, whatever it has to be, I need to "be loud".

And "lacking skills", even if you do, you can always try to get some. It's more about your desire though, and I'm not saying that even if you're too lazy to map, texture, model and all that, that doesn't mean you don't want to help.
    If you ever get to have a lot of spare time with no worries and all that shirley nobody wants, I'd say you should try something related to Source modding. Who knows, maybe you'll then love it and it will become a hobby, be it mapping, modelling, texturing, animating, etc.

I hated art, but then I matured up and got into some form of art, "texturing", it sure is a nice hobby that requires less resources than my other hobbies.
    I make mods.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Ye my bad, original plan was to just release achievements. You'd think i'd learn from posting dates from the past :icon_stabhead: Similar thing happened last year I think as well where we ran into RL roadblocks after so confidently planning release.

Feel free to message us in the future about dev progress. Let's keep this thread for art submissions and the like only if ya fellas don't mind. Lookin' forward for the next batch of achievements, and I won't tell you a date when they'll be up ;)

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    Thank you for your submissions!

Here are a few of the new icons that will be featured in our next release:

Links121995
    [align=left]pvk2_sandstorm_kills_20x.png[/align] Was the sun in Your Eyes?
    Kill 20 enemies in te_sandstorm’s sandstorm
    Title: The Act of God

Pache94
    [align=left]pvk2_cara_win_rounds.png[/align] Ragnarok is A Pony
    Win 10 Rounds on Cara
    Title: The hot Blood

Kranczu
    [align=left]pvk2_counter_attack_kills_50x.png[/align] Art of Defense
    Kill a total of 10 enemies with a counter-attack by perfect parrying them
    Title: The Artist

Popemaster
    [align=left]pvk2_capt_hook_kill_after_roll.png[/align] Crabby Hooker
    Kill an enemy with your hook immediately following a roll
    Title: The Crabby Hooker

MS32
    [align=left]pvk2_cara_contest_for_60sec.png[/align] Horsin’ Around
    Contest a horse territory for at least 60 seconds
    Title: The Domesticated

injustpotato
    [align=left]pvk2_cara_win_3_rounds_each_team.png[/align] Triple Crown
    Win 3 rounds for each team on Cara
    Title: The Groomer

badass.jpg

edited May 2016
    Q5louKi.png?1
    Back to due to popular demand!

Please view updated rules and Wave 2 achievement list on the original post here.

We are once again open for art contributions from the community for... wait for it....to be updated: spontaneously, or in minor patches, or during a future major update in the very near future. You can guarantee these are the ones to be worked on next!

We welcome all kinds of art but only the ones that meet the aforementioned criteria will be selected to be in game.

Note we are also taking achievement suggestions and actually putting them in game as well! You may see your name be credited in brackets in an achievement art contribution wave, and may see your achievement coloured green in the achievement suggestion thread.

xq0LCrG.png

edited May 2016
    Watch Me Right Hook!

ICjesGX.png G96A1RG.png

Kill 100 enemies with the punch
    Title: The Boxer

Click on the icon for the .psd file (warning: it's messy):

psd-83.png

Inspired by Muhammad Ali:

z2k8dVB.pngkBG32yS.png

3krwfAK.pngfYFLVGL.png
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
  • PopemasterPopemaster Captain of the Seven Seas PVKII Team
    MS32 I love that so much! So freaking good. No peg leg?
    Just give him a pegleg and maybe change the character to a Heavy Knight. Archer is a puny little man, why not make the Cap'n look like a badass pugilist who's got iron fists, strong enough to punch to death a Heavy Knight?
    I make mods.

Popemaster wrote:

MS32 I love that so much! So freaking good. No peg leg?

El Negro wrote:

Just give him a pegleg and maybe change the character to a Heavy Knight. Archer is a puny little man, why not make the Cap'n look like a badass pugilist who's got iron fists, strong enough to punch to death a Heavy Knight?

Thanks for the feedback. I've made the changes and edited the post to accommodate the request for a peg-leg and replacing the puny little archer with a Heavy Knight.
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
    Wow good job on the knight! Looks really good.
    Brilliant!

xq0LCrG.png

edited May 2016
    Oh hell yeah, now that's just great.

It's great as it is right now, but if you still wanna give it some more detail or so, I'd say you should put stars (better yet, coloured parrots!) around the HK's head, to simulate like he's knocked out, as seen from those 70's cartoon movies and stuff, you know?

Also another small detail, maybe add a pirate symbol on his boxers? Or/and turn them red?
    I make mods.

• FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    64x64 does no justice to all this detail!
    Felis wrote:

64x64 does no justice to all this detail!

After reading this post, I decided to publish it as Artwork for the PVKII community hub on Steam. You can see it by clicking Community Hub, then Artwork, then changing the filter from Most Popular to Most Recent.
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
    House of Wolves

P3duSMJ.png LlEvgmV.png

Assist 100 kills with throwing axes
    Title: The Elite

d3hkNFG.png
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
    Damn! Certainly rising to the challenge MS32 :icon_agapirate:

xq0LCrG.png

Premature Detonation

T752Aqx.png 47SYjOG.png

Kill 2 Enemies with a Keg by shooting it with the Flintlock
    Title: The Impatient

Click on the icon for the .psd file (warning: it's messy):

psd-83.png

YhuIhhv.png
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
    Green_Streak_zpstgq8umo2.png

Green Streak
    Kill 3 enemies in a fart cloud using your dual wield
    The Envious

Green_Streak_Pope300_zpstppupgrk.png

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0bp75fitlssjhhm/AADP2nyfqkAF8tUult1NjnCna?dl=0
    @Pope
    Fantastisch!
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
    edited May 2016
    Hey Pope, I dare you to add a Man-At-Arms and Berserker in there, as/with funny confused faces!

I DARE YOU, MOTHERLOVER! I DOUBLE DARE YOU!
    (Don't get offended, this is just how I tend to inspire people to do something)
    I make mods.

Trying to keep up with MS32, he is setting the bar high.
    edited May 2016
    early_bird_special_zpsi81vyl1v.jpg

Early Bird
    Be the first one to capture a territory or booty on your team by yourself as a skirmisher
    The Boy Scout

Early_Bird_Pope-2_zpsr7ip010k.jpg

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox....ult1NjnCna?dl=0
  • edited 2:06PM
    That is the most terrifying thing I've ever seen.

(And I've seen three Berserkers charging at me silmulatenously)
    (And I've seen three Berserkers charging at me silmulatenously)

That's not terrifying, that's just normal PVKII 24/7 Island gameplay.
    I make mods.