NEW CARPETS!!!!

bt_island_update01.jpg

Comments

• ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    edited 5:34AM
    :o lovely, really brings the room to life
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    You color them blue and we color them red – sounds like good teamwork.
    mEtxJiK.png
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    R.I.P Red Carpet 2009-2015
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    Seems the knights have modernized their fashion sense. Good for them!
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited April 2015
    With a more distinct color, the blood bath inside the treasure room will get more contrast than ever before. I'm going to miss the red carpet, though.

76561198031989549.png

• Black BellamyBlack Bellamy Senior
    edited April 2015
    looks great i always thought red was more of a pirate color anyway. brings the room more in line with the knights main color...love the team symbol baked into the carpet too
    "Everything with a beginning has an end"
  • HaxxHaxx Senior
    edited April 2015
    I actually like the red carpet, made the room look more kingish, if that's even a word lol.
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    That rug really tied the fridgeing room together. The Dude does not abide.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

• Links121995Links121995 Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    InstantHax wrote:

I actually like the red carpet, made the room look more kingish, if that's even a word lol.

I think ya want "Regal" there, mate.

You may also want "Kingly" "Knightly" "Stately" "Royal" "Official" "Grand" "Stately" "Dignified" or "Picturesque".
    8gQi4T5.png
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    Don't forget "Opulent" and "Imperial".
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    Hey all,

So been very busy updating Island. Fixing routes and issues brought up by community members.
    Also making new higher res textures, replacing all Valve textures with new ones. The map now has 100% original textures.

Here are some screens. I hope you like them!

bt_island01.jpg

bt_island02.jpg

bt_island03.jpg

bt_island04.jpg

bt_island05.jpg

bt_island06.jpg
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    Looking good
  • jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    Nice work!
    I would request that the cave tunnels be more open/less cramped.
  • JollygreenJollygreen Troll Senior
    The only thing I miss on this update is more cover in the pirate base. You should try to add some more rocks or some crates or whatever that provides more cover when you try to steal a chest.

When pirates are playing together like a real team, and all the skirms and sharpshooters spam those kegs and those rifles, its really hard to get out of there before getting blown to bits.
    1pYiF.gif
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited April 2015
    Is this going to be the end of the pretty effective 'corner throw' [into the bar area] as we knew it?
    mEtxJiK.png
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    Probably not, As I have no idea what you're referring to! :-D Care to elaborate?
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited April 2015
    I do care, but my video capture software did not. It seems we have finally come to an agreement and therefore I can present you a video. :icon_viking2:

mEtxJiK.png
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Woah, i'm loving the new look! i notice you're putting alot of detail into the map which is excellent to see! fantastic work Gaz, keep it up!
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    Sphynx wrote:

I do care, but my video capture software did not. It seems we have finally come to an agreement and therefore I can present you a video. :icon_viking2:

Cheers Sphynx, you might still be able to do that somewhat :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone :icon_jacksp:
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    You got sand in my bricks!
    Looking good!
  • TrarTrar Senior
    Looking forward to those carpets.
    THIS MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY ODIN'S PIZZA PLACE

http://steamcommunity.com/id/trar/
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    This may not be the right place, but I have a suggestion. There's an amorphous section of water in-between the shore and the Pirates' tiny capture-raft-island that is *just* deep enough to decide people walking through it are swimming. Normally it's fine, but it does prevent certain classes from using their specials while they stand in it. Granted that this isn't an intentional design choice, could it be "evened out" so it's just shallow enough to prevent such cases?

Some will probably respond and say it just adds skillful play to that particular area, and I agree. But it's an unnecessary skill and I'm sure many people who've yet to garner such a skill would like their specials to stop failing for no reason.
  • Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    Trar wrote:

Looking forward to those carpets.

Do the drapes match the carpets?
    “I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team

This may not be the right place, but I have a suggestion. There's an amorphous section of water in-between the shore and the Pirates' tiny capture-raft-island that is *just* deep enough to decide people walking through it are swimming. Normally it's fine, but it does prevent certain classes from using their specials while they stand in it. Granted that this isn't an intentional design choice, could it be "evened out" so it's just shallow enough to prevent such cases?

Some will probably respond and say it just adds skillful play to that particular area, and I agree. But it's an unnecessary skill and I'm sure many people who've yet to garner such a skill would like their specials to stop failing for no reason.

Can you give me a screen grab of that area? Preferably highlighting the trouble spot.
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17783995/2015-04-26_00001.jpg

It's essentially that shape. There are two "sand bridges" going towards the island, and the swimmy area I'm referring two is between them.
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited April 2015

Yes, here!

Mastering one's movement includes becoming familiar with the map. In my opinion, if you're not getting stuck and if it's not interferring with the game flow, it's nothing that should be touched. I highly doubt that suggestions for altering terrain in order to make it easier for people that can't cope with it could receive a lot of support. I can only guess, but I think there's a reason why you'd feel that incoming responses could be against your suggestion. :P
    mEtxJiK.png
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    I'm pretty sure being unable to use a game-winning special because you're knee deep in water interferes with game flow pretty badly. Just as an example.
    It's a choppy patchwork problem, it doesn't even interfere with all the classes. If I recall correctly, it only prevents the Huscarl, Gestir, and Skirmisher from using their specials.
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    I'm happy to see Island get some updates recently, the one we had before 3.1 was getting kind of stale.
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    game-winning special

Please explain to me what exactly a 'game-winning special' is. If you're not aware of your current position, fail to initiate a special and then don't move a few steps to try again, your defeat is probably justifyed.
    mEtxJiK.png
  • Links121995Links121995 Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited April 2015
    A pool of water that looks like a shallow but is actually a pool, is similar to a wall that looks like a door but actually is a wall. I strongly recommend either making the pool obvious, or turning it into mere shallow water.
    8gQi4T5.png