Tiny suggestions thread

1567810

Comments

  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited April 2017
    Chat disappear options- 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds etc. A chat time limit so messages will appear and disappear at a time you set it at. Example if set to 5 seconds "hello" will be shown in the chat for 5 seconds then delete right after that.
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 6:08AM
    Tips & Tricks- Should be in the main menu, so you can view the hints from the loading screens and some tips on all classes and gamemodes easily.
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 6:08AM
    Idle Chest Animations while holding the Booty- maybe fiddling the lock or slowly bouncing the Booty so the lock bounces aswell, petting the wood on the Booty (my precious) sorta thing.
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 6:08AM
    Trinket Wars Trinket Cosmetic- So when someone picks up a trinket it shows on their head that they have it, but would be cool if it showed on the player itself so Vikings horn for example it'll show the horn on the side sitting on the belt, Knights Holy Grail maybe tied on their back, Pirates Grog at their chest like a sippy cup etc. Really silly examples but hope use get what i mean.
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited April 2017
    First Person Charge up glow- When you charge up any melee weapon, from a players perspective your weapon glows shiny white till the charge is gone, i would like it if the glow would appear in First Person as it does in Third Person but an option so it helps in firefights and also looks cool, if people don't like it then they can turn it off.
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 6:08AM
    A custom Mouse Cursor- maybe having a Skirmishers Keg, Captains Cutlass, Archers Arrows etc would be cool.
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    edited 6:08AM
    Combine™ wrote:

    A custom Mouse Cursor- maybe having a Skirmishers Keg, Captains Cutlass, Archers Arrows etc would be cool.


    We already have software cursors in-game, you can enable them with CVAR "cl_software_cursor". If someone is feeling creative, the cursor materials are located in "materials\vgui\cursors" inside VPK "steamapps\common\pirates, vikings and knights ii\sdkbase_pvkii\hl2\hl2_textures_dir.vpk".
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    edited 6:08AM
    Felis wrote:

    We already have software cursors in-game, you can enable them with CVAR "cl_software_cursor". If someone is feeling creative, the cursor materials are located in "materials\vgui\cursors" inside VPK "steamapps\common\pirates, vikings and knights ii\sdkbase_pvkii\hl2\hl2_textures_dir.vpk".


    I can't believe I haven't noticed this before!

    badass.jpg

  • jerzchomikjerzchomik Senior
    edited 6:08AM
    I've seen raven on the seio-kona concept art. How about adding white pidgeon for Knights? As cosmetic or something more.
  • BagasBagas Senior
    edited April 2017
    Pvkii should have a ranking/lvl system like medieval chivalry warfare.

    Just to see which players are more experienced then others, its a good way to see which team to join so it wont be stacked...
    FZkBmH.jpg
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Beta Tester
    edited 6:08AM
    Bagas wrote:

    Pvkii should have a ranking/lvl system like medieval chivalry warfare.

    Just to see which players are more experienced then others, its a good way to see which team to join so it wont be stacked...


    Would be the exact opposite especially when it comes to rank (creating a lot of toxicity). Would rather just see a regular player level from playing.

    Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!


    10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

  • jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    edited 6:08AM
    Bagas wrote:

    Pvkii should have a ranking/lvl system like medieval chivalry warfare.

    Just to see which players are more experienced then others, its a good way to see which team to join so it wont be stacked...


    Stats and matchmaking in general would be nice, but then we would have to run game servers for it which costs a lot of money. Allowing untrusted servers to report stats is a bad idea.
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited 6:08AM
    jerzchomik wrote:

    I've seen raven on the seio-kona concept art. How about adding white pidgeon for Knights? As cosmetic or something more.

    In a way, each team having a mascot would be great, however we'd have to brainstorm quite a bit to prevent parrot reskins for Vikings and Knights. I'd like to imagine one bird having an offensive strategy (parrot), another one having a defensive strategy and the other one being support, like dropping ammo or something like that. I'm still not sure how to make one bird a defensive one, but we'd figure it out with time.

    76561198031989549.png

  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 6:08AM
    AGSMA wrote:

    I'd like to imagine one bird having an offensive strategy (parrot), another one having a defensive strategy and the other one being support, like dropping ammo or something like that.


    Be funny and cool if you can have a special for Captains Parrot so when you use it, instead of attacking a player it can go and pick up maybe armour,health,ammo either nearby or far away, long as it's in your view it would work.
  • BeroxardasBeroxardas Senior
    edited April 2017
    jRocket wrote:

    Stats and matchmaking in general would be nice, but then we would have to run game servers for it which costs a lot of money. Allowing untrusted servers to report stats is a bad idea.


    Would you really need to though? We have ingame statistics for character already . If one has 1000 hours playtime, big killstreaks etc- What if there would be "level" set? Reach x kills x killstreak x hours - you level up. Your level is seen next to your nickname when you click TAB to check server overwiev, just like let`s say supporter status. Could this not work?

    EDIT:
    I mean check it- it does not force players to do anything. Just everyone will see "holy crap, we got 4 lvl 30`s at one team while other teams have guys around lvl 5"
    I`m really sorry for my bad English. I`m not a native speaker.
  • BeroxardasBeroxardas Senior
    edited 6:08AM
    Here is example, don`t mind if numbers are invalid
    I`m really sorry for my bad English. I`m not a native speaker.
  • jerzchomikjerzchomik Senior
    edited May 2017
    Beroxardas wrote:

    Here is example, don`t mind if numbers are invalid

    I'm not sure if it's good idea. Maybe just showing % of achieved achievements next to "supporter" or "official pvkii" points etc. when holding TAB would be great idea. New players won't have 60% and 1000 hours players won't have just 25% achievements.

    I think it's better than making "levels" or counting kill streak, really.
    What do you think about that?
  • BeroxardasBeroxardas Senior
    edited 6:08AM
    jerzchomik wrote:
    I'm not sure if it's good idea. Maybe just showing % of achieved achievements next to "supporter" or "official pvkii" points etc. when holding TAB would be great idea. New players won't have 60% and 1000 hours players won't have just 25% achievements. I think it's better than making "levels" or counting kill streak, really. What do you think about that?


    First, responding for this idea: I know veterans that don`t give a thing about fancy achievements, I know people who cheat the achievements and I know people who gather around and fake the achievements by artificially creating scenarios. And I don`t say it`s bad or not, let them do whatever they like. But if you consider this as a mark that would show how skilled one is, it is very questionable.

    Well I can see flaws in my idea, and the biggest problem is what kind of factors can we consider as essential to call a pvkii player skilled or not. You see, one can have low hours and still show more talent, teamwork and gameplay skill then someone who just stops at one level or spends time fooling around or even worse - trolling. That is why this auto-hours levelling could not work.
    My idea is that levels would clearly show how much can one potentially do for team to achieve victory. This is why points gathered from completing objectives in my opinion cannot be ignored, so as kills or kills-deaths ratio.
    This is where I see another flaw, which can honestly be applied to many invented systems: for system to work really representative and fair, there is a big, complicated maze required to work properly, because they need to check all possible connections. Goal of such system is to show not who is better at what but to have a clear view if teams are balanced or not. Now, what balanced means? Simply: no stacking. No two teams wiping out third. No one team wiping out two. It will be never equal, we all know that.
    But it can be better than number-based balance. And here comes the final and biggest flaw of this idea: I am afraid it is simply not technically possible on this engine.
    I`m really sorry for my bad English. I`m not a native speaker.
  • jerzchomikjerzchomik Senior
    edited 6:08AM
    I think of simple soultion. You want to know something about players skill, so you can check profile for played hours, but it takes time. How about adding hours counter to TAB overview?
  • BagasBagas Senior
    edited 6:08AM
    jerzchomik wrote:

    I think of simple soultion. You want to know something about players skill, so you can check profile for played hours, but it takes time. How about adding hours counter to TAB overview?


    That would look lame, and players can leave their game open, the hours will still count.

    FZkBmH.jpg
  • jerzchomikjerzchomik Senior
    edited 6:08AM
    Bagas wrote:

    That would look lame, and players can leave their game open, the hours will still count.

    If it's about checking experience of player... maybe just count finished rounds? It looks simple.
    >round started, and you've just join to server
    >where should I join
    >check finished rounds by holding tab
    >ok, I see vikings haven't played so much rounds, I will join them for better balance
  • BeroxardasBeroxardas Senior
    edited 6:08AM
    So, is the team opinion still negative on the idea? There have been several ways to do this posted. Or as I suppose- it`s technically impossible?
    I`m really sorry for my bad English. I`m not a native speaker.
  • Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    edited 6:08AM
    Currently if you're Captain and load your special into the blunderbuss, you can't use the speed boost when carrying a chest. I think it should be changed so you can use the boost even if you load your special
    76561198022443233.png
    Gallery of Rage
    OnqKl5B.jpg
    8ICrnFR.png :wub:
    rYEKvgb.jpg
    He1WpjQ.png <- lts_skypirates fun
    d1vRvor.png
    TudA52z.png
    8ABWxKM.jpg
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 6:08AM

    I think it should be changed so you can use the boost even if you load your special


    But that means you get to use a special twice. The speed boost is ment to be used as a special for if you don't wanna use it for anything else, and i feel using the speed boost, dropping chest then firing a cannon special at someone feels unfair for other classes as they won't get to use anything similar to it.
  • Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    edited May 2017
    Combine™ wrote:

    But that means you get to use a special twice. The speed boost is ment to be used as a special for if you don't wanna use it for anything else, and i feel using the speed boost, dropping chest then firing a cannon special at someone feels unfair for other classes as they won't get to use anything similar to it.

    It would still use up the special meter though ofc
    76561198022443233.png
    Gallery of Rage
    OnqKl5B.jpg
    8ICrnFR.png :wub:
    rYEKvgb.jpg
    He1WpjQ.png <- lts_skypirates fun
    d1vRvor.png
    TudA52z.png
    8ABWxKM.jpg
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited May 2017

    It would still use up the special meter though ofc


    I don't understand what you're saying. When you reload your special for The Captain, it won't use the special bar untill you shoot it and it's done that way to prevent putting more than 2 into the Blunderbuss or using the special for something else, cause you used the special already but didn't fire it then it won't go away till you fire it in the Blunderbuss which is the way i'd like it to stay as.
  • Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    edited 6:08AM
    Combine™ wrote:

    I don't understand what you're saying. When you reload your special for The Captain, it won't use the special bar untill you shoot it and it's done that way to prevent putting more than 2 into the Blunderbuss or using the special for something else, cause you used the special already but didn't fire it then it won't go away till you fire it in the Blunderbuss which is the way i'd like it to stay as.

    What I mean is that even if you load your blunderbuss with the special, you could use the speed boost which then takes away the loaded shot I guess
    76561198022443233.png
    Gallery of Rage
    OnqKl5B.jpg
    8ICrnFR.png :wub:
    rYEKvgb.jpg
    He1WpjQ.png <- lts_skypirates fun
    d1vRvor.png
    TudA52z.png
    8ABWxKM.jpg
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 6:08AM

    What I mean is that even if you load your blunderbuss with the special, you could use the speed boost which then takes away the loaded shot I guess


    I'm sorry that just sounds ridiculous. So what's the point of loading the special if it's going to get taken away? the way it current is, is much better than what you're thinking of.
  • BagasBagas Senior
    edited 6:08AM
    Vikings need some cool horned helmets (like in skyrim)

    Heavy Knight needs a new badass looking helmet.
    FZkBmH.jpg
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 6:08AM
    Bagas wrote:

    Vikings need some cool horned helmets (like in skyrim)

    Heavy Knight needs a new badass looking helmet.


    When it comes to the models, they are perfect but may need an upgrade or so while keeping everything the same. New helmets,horns etc best off in the workshop.
Sign In or Register to comment.