-> Archer !

1234568»

Comments

• chillychilly Senior, Drunk and Disorderly
    edited 12:16PM
    nah its cool if you just aim up enough, but it gets bloody hard to aim accurately at such ranges - obviously.
    move along
  • PeWRPeWR Famous writer Senior
    The archer is awesome to play smile.gif
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    QUOTE (chilly @ Jul 9 2007, 09:52 AM) »
    nah its cool if you just aim up enough, but it gets bloody hard to aim accurately at such ranges - obviously.

No but thats the point. I hate to bring realism into this but the longbow was accurate for 100's of meters, and could still pierce plate armor. Now we factor in balancing and fun and obviously that isn't going to happen, but a little more range might help, just like noob bowmen in PVK1 that would just let the opponent get in their face and then shoot because it was near impossible to hit anything at more then 10 meters.
  • KnightKnight Senior
    how can i become a beta tester?
  • Beer_HunterBeer_Hunter Senior
    QUOTE (Knight @ Jul 10 2007, 03:47 AM) »
    how can i become a beta tester?

I think they have to pick you.
    First beta player :D
  • PeWRPeWR Famous writer Senior
    I don't think they need more betatesters
  • DoomsirenDoomsiren Senior
    i think it's fine
  • Beer_HunterBeer_Hunter Senior
    edited July 2007
    How did they pick the testers anyways... I've seen people who joined relatively recently who got picked to be beta testers over older veterans... Was it something completely random or are you playing favourites?
    First beta player :D
  • KnightKnight Senior
    I am a veteran (not on the forums). I have played this game since it came out!
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    Well most of the beta testers are quite old around here, and most of the new ones have "connections" *cough* Templars.
  • KnightKnight Senior
    Man this blows, I want to test the archer! but i guess that will not happen...*Sniff*
  • Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    I had to win a contest to become a beta tester.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • AndypAndyp Senior
    QUOTE (Number Nine @ Jul 11 2007, 07:22 PM) »
    Well most of the beta testers are quite old around here, and most of the new ones have "connections" *cough* Templars.

Im old *cough* or old enough biggrin.gif. Wheres me beta yaharr.
    Shot at 2007-06-27

Steven Segal should be the joker in the next Nolan batman film, he has the weight of many successful years of acting behind him,( well he has weight behind him at least), and I think he would do it perfectly:

"and my father turns to me and says 'why so chubby?', comes at me with the pamphlet, 'why so chubby'. Sticks the pamphlet in my mouth, 'lets put a diet on that belly of yours' aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd........why so chubby?"
  • JanrokJanrok Senior
    QUOTE (|GR|Andyp @ Jul 23 2007, 05:38 PM) »
    Im old *cough* or old enough biggrin.gif. Wheres me beta yaharr.

I have more posts than you. i wants my betas
  • TrippinTrippin Members
    i beat both of you!
  • HyuukaiHyuukai Senior
    True but you dont see very active tongue.gif
  • AndypAndyp Senior
    edited July 2007
    QUOTE (Sir Janrok @ Jul 24 2007, 03:13 PM) »
    I have more posts than you. i wants my betas

Yeah but wait a sec hyuukai when did you get beta testing rights? sad.gif Andy is really sad now.

Posts shouldnt dictate on whether or not you get into a beta test, it should be on evaluative skills through play of a game.
    Shot at 2007-06-27

Steven Segal should be the joker in the next Nolan batman film, he has the weight of many successful years of acting behind him,( well he has weight behind him at least), and I think he would do it perfectly:

"and my father turns to me and says 'why so chubby?', comes at me with the pamphlet, 'why so chubby'. Sticks the pamphlet in my mouth, 'lets put a diet on that belly of yours' aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd........why so chubby?"
  • edited 12:16PM
    It should be evaluated on the size of your e-penis!

Seriously most people think of testing as being able to play the game early, its FAR from that. Testing is a pain in the ass process where you have to log every single bug, and revise on it later on. Atleast thats what testers are meant to do. I'd rather just wait for the final product to come out then to 'get to play the game early'.
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    Yeh i agree beta testing is no fun, people who ask to be beta testers just to play it are really just asking for an early release, rather than trying to help the team perfect the mod.
  • AndypAndyp Senior
    edited July 2007
    QUOTE (CoolCookieCooks @ Jul 25 2007, 07:09 PM) »
    It should be evaluated on the size of your e-penis!

Seriously most people think of testing as being able to play the game early, its FAR from that. Testing is a pain in the ass process where you have to log every single bug, and revise on it later on. Atleast thats what testers are meant to do. I'd rather just wait for the final product to come out then to 'get to play the game early'.

Actually your right there, i remember beta testing the bfme 2 1.05 patch man was that boring, i had to do all the stuff you mentioned in addition i had to back catalogue all previously fought games and watch replays of other players since that was my job.

However this is a mod, the only purpose here should be to find out bugs and gameplay exploits through play.

Although im not trying to dictate the beta testing methods of this team tongue.gif.

ps: what i really want is some movies eh?
    Shot at 2007-06-27

• edited 12:16PM
    sure sure .. cool .. but theres always sligth incorrect crosses :/

if you wanted it to look like a crusader you should maybe have used Templar Cross or Jerusalem Cross ..
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    getting back to the topic, does anyone else think that the archer looks abit small in the screen shots?