PVK Steam Skin

Hello there, I have started skinning the steam interface into the colours of the PVK forums. Its still a work in progress so ignore the icons around the screen which are still skinned in a dull grey colour.

Comments

• Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    edited 4:51PM
    Make it look more pvkish. Add some features that make it look like it's from a mod that's about pirates vikings and knights. Right now it's just a color change. This could be good though, I trust you with it.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • edited 4:51PM
    I will probably make it more PVKish with the icons that are going to go down the bottom of the page. If the worst comes to worst I can add a sort of watermark as a background image.
  • lillbrorsanlillbrorsan Members
    Cookie showed me an updated version of the skin tonight and it looks really good, helped him with some minor things and i have to say it will be kickass when completed! 8)
    user posted image
    http://www.lillbrorsan.webb.se - My website with my wow characters and portfolio.
  • AsskickerAsskicker Senior
    Cool , i wanne make one for my own.
    How do i do this? biggrin.gif
    Its quite complicated and frustrating as the labels for some colours arent... labeled very well. Basically you go into your steam/skins folder, duplicate a folder, call it something and then modify numbers and images to change the colour and look of steam.

Anyway, my steam skin is complete!

Download it <HERE>
  • suiradsuirad Members
    Pic please
    No pics no clicks.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • GeorgeGeorge Senior
    I'll post it for him

enjoy...

I think its decent but tone it a bit darker...
    Come on you pansy!
    Not bad...

My only issue with it is that it is WAY to bright. It makes my eyes want to bleed. Tone it down so it's a similar color as the forum background.

Better yet, use PVK a nice shot of PVK island as your background. That would make it look very nice smile.gif
    It IS using the forum colours.
    I think it looks fine. I'm probably gonna use it.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • DregorDregor Not missing Senior
    I see the general layout, but what would make it look real good is some wooden planks slapped onto there somewhere, yeah and darken the colors a bit. The color scheme and layout are making their place but the dark colors that default on some parts of steam are causing severe retina burn :x
    Now that I downloaded it and am using it, I must say the background is much to bright. It's hard to see the games on the game list sometimes. I suggest what someone else already mentioned: use a nice picture of pvk_island (since that map captures the beauty and feel of the game) for the background, if island doesn't do it, then use the pic that is currently used on the starting menu in PVK II.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • AsskickerAsskicker Senior
    I would like to make one myself, i got a nice idea.
    But i have no clue how to start sad.gif

Anyone can point me a tut?
    QUOTE (CoolCookieCooks)
    It IS using the forum colours.

Bleh. What I ment to say was swap the current color layout, so that the darker areas are brighter, and vice-versa.
    Actually the bright are is much too bright compared to the forum colors. The darker shade can stay, but the lighter shade needs to be darkened up a bit. It's hurts my eyes sometimes. There is of course the idea of putting that start menu pic of the pirate, viking, and knight in the background. I think that would look really nice.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • VancaVanca Senior
    And pvk_island screenie as background would fit the pvk theme more imo.
    Rawr
  • JezternzJezternz Senior
    agred, lets see some pvk_island. Contact me if you want a hand, iv done my share of all that sort of thing. Thanks though for the skin tongue.gif
  • Vomika7Vomika7 Members
    ew. get rid of the white.
    grab some textures from the game and incorporate it into there somehow.
    user posted image
  • Cpt.LaketonCpt.Laketon Senior
    the botton right of it seems a little bare with nothing there , do something to do with PVK there
    user posted image