delete this one please

SuspectSuspect Senior
edited 4:11PM in Community Maps
deleted for maximum comfort, new thread has been made

Comments

• AsskickerAsskicker Senior
    edited 4:11PM
    Nice idea, but then you should make some "Rat holes" like in de_rats for cs wink.gif

And also, now there will be MANY open space, try to fill it in a little bit.
  • MrBaracudaMrBaracuda Members
    Some people seriously need to either align their textures properly or need to see a boat in real life tongue.gif
  • lillbrorsanlillbrorsan Members
    I think i jumped onto a server playing this map like 2-3 days ago, it lags alot so you have to fix that!
    user posted image
    http://www.lillbrorsan.webb.se - My website with my wow characters and portfolio.
  • Gobanzo_MonGobanzo_Mon Members
    No offence, but people really need to wait until they make something worth showing before making a thread about it. I understand that you're probably new, but people gotta be more patient.
  • SuspectSuspect Senior
    QUOTE (lillbrorsan)
    I think i jumped onto a server playing this map like 2-3 days ago, it lags alot so you have to fix that!

ohmy.gif, yeah i was in it to, was testing it and showing to a friend biggrin.gif. im filling it up and yeah there will be wholes where you can go into the boat biggrin.gif, wooo tongue.gif
  • ScrapScrap Senior
    QUOTE (Gobanzo_Mon)
    No offence, but people really need to wait until they make something worth showing before making a thread about it. I understand that you're probably new, but people gotta be more patient.

agreed. Besides, if you make a nice topic its more fun to read with proper sections like version updates/changes ; Screens section ; overview ect
    user posted image
  • A2v89A2v89 Members
    Make it 2x the size of a normal one, add in some galleons for knights and pirates... then have them duke it out in the middle of the ocean.

REMEMBER THE KEGS!
  • John JacquesJohn Jacques Members
    Looks fun to play in, however I hope it doesn't lag like the other said the old version did :shock:
  • edited 4:11PM
    There's no need to comment on whether or not he or she makes a Post about his WIP Map... It's a WIP it will be worth the post in time. Besides, who cares if the maps a box within a box if its a good concept and fun to play its worth it. Some mappers are perfectionists that spend a couple months to a year on a map, while others want to expand the games life cycle for a few weeks with new maps. It's PVK II's first release let others make fun maps to add on to the 5 or so great maps it came with. Another thing, nipper's maps were simple brush designs yet thousands of people loved them and enjoyed them.

I'm sure Longboat will be a great map when it is finished. Anyhow, Suspect GL on the rest of the map.
    <3
    QUOTE (meloveyoulongtimekk)
    There's no need to comment on whether or not he or she makes a Post about his WIP Map... It's a WIP it will be worth the post in time. Besides, who cares if the maps a box within a box if its a good concept and fun to play its worth it. Some mappers are perfectionists that spend a couple months to a year on a map, while others want to expand the games life cycle for a few weeks with new maps. It's PVK II's first release let others make fun maps to add on to the 5 or so great maps it came with. Another thing, nipper's maps were simple brush designs yet thousands of people loved them and enjoyed them.

I'm sure Longboat will be a great map when it is finished. Anyhow, Suspect GL on the rest of the map.

...and then the 'peace keeper' arrives
  • VV Lumberjack's son Senior
    QUOTE (Gobanzo_Mon)
    QUOTE (meloveyoulongtimekk)

...and then the 'peace keeper' arrives

*HALLELUJAH*
  • SuspectSuspect Senior
    i made some enhancements and even a 3D skybox ohmy.gif, im posting some pics now, remember, much is still not finished

a picture of the ship

some bad quality grass smile.gif, i wanted to make it like the grass is coming out of the ground, but the texture went purple/black for some reason, got to figure that out

A way down in the ship ohmy.gif im gonna make more stuff downthere when i finished with everything on the ship biggrin.gif, im planning of making a number of traps down there wich will pretty much kill you/trap you

I already have 1 trap in mind, if you have any suggestions, or think it would be fun to be in it, or you think you are better then the rest biggrin.gif, say it, i might be putting them in,

what do you think?
  • AsskickerAsskicker Senior
    Grass on a boat ? :shock:
  • YeeHaaYeeHaa Senior
    It's weed , don't u see?, small people need it 8)

PVKII Mapper
    sigBGfor.jpg

• PytoXPytoX Senior
    QUOTE (YeeHaa)
    It's weed , don't u see?, small people need it  8)

Its for the pirates you see tongue.gif
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    Make its sides rounder
  • WackoWacko Senior
    I never heard of smugglers who grow while they transport.. But I guess the open air of the ocean and the direct sunlight makes for good growing conditions? tongue.gif
  • SuspectSuspect Senior
    meh, its fungus ohmy.gif, or something i dont know how to call it in english, but it happens when you put some food somewhere and let it rott, there will come green stuff 2 biggrin.gif
  • Blood_pandaBlood_panda Senior
    its called mold and that is some freaky mold how long did you leave that chicken!!!
  • WatchMakerWatchMaker Senior
    Have you ever seen a boat? >.<

What bugs me the most is the vertical boards on the sides. Rotate those textures 90 degrees.
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    QUOTE (Wacko)
    I never heard of smugglers who grow while they transport.. But I guess the open air of the ocean and the direct sunlight makes for good growing conditions? tongue.gif

"Neither does having knights fight vikings over treasure-chests in tropical islands, but it works"

*hint hint* :wink:
  • SuspectSuspect Senior
    QUOTE (Blade)
    QUOTE (Wacko)

"Neither does having knights fight vikings over treasure-chests in tropical islands, but it works"

hehe, i will descibe my view of the map now, so you can already understand what im trying to get to

A viking ship is on its way to some distant knight castle, to plunder and kill the knights, when departed, many little "rats" :wink: went aboard to take control of the food supply on the ship, but they found out they were not alone, so now there fighting for the booty biggrin.gif, my idea of this map is the boat, with a way to the top and a way down, but also some little islands near the boat, where you can hide, or throw the booty to, i made this to make sure people will also fight on the water, i am adding a couple of traps and secrets to the map, to spice up the gameplay, one trap i have in mind, is trapping the players inside the boat and drowning them, dont worry, there are some save spots in, but you will have to fight for it, but beware, not every safe spot can keep you alive biggrin.gif(im gonna make sure not only 1 person can go in and block to survive) maybe some poisen food ohmy.gif. some pikes or something.

this is what i already have of this map, suggest anything, and ill add it, screens come in a bit, hold on
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    Could it patrol around the islands?
  • CrashmoCrashmo Members
    QUOTE (WatchMaker)
    Have you ever seen a boat?  >.<

What bugs me the most is the vertical boards on the sides.  Rotate those textures 90 degrees.

The vertical boards are killing me. Should be an easy fix and will make it look SO much better.
    QUOTE (Blade)
    QUOTE (Wacko)

thats such a terrible justification for having nonsensical design in a map

Nice job on the curve along the sides of the boat. Its often over looked by people designing ships.
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    It has more behind the words than you know.
  • SuspectSuspect Senior
    Ok, update time biggrin.gif, i have all kinds of problems with compiling, i changed the water, the textures, the sky, the size and all, and after 4 long unfinished compiles i figured out i had to make alot of world walls into func_detail, then everything went good biggrin.gif, im posting some screenshots 2

Some updates :
    Water is now more colourfull
    Rotated the texture on the outside 90°
    Added pirate spawn
    Added more ladders
    Added better 3D skybox
    Added ground beneath the ocean
    Fixed issues with the boat, like shifting the textures to align with the texture on the right, etc...

Next updates
    Re-configuring the sun coördinates
    Adding fire
    Adding Knights spawn
    Adding little islands
    Adding more stuff on the boat
    Adding the 1st secret room

the boat

pirate spawn(not totally finished)

its a toilet shack(according to yeehaa biggrin.gif)

could it be? a secret room?
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    Nice. biggrin.gif
  • MrBaracudaMrBaracuda Members
    Could it be - textures stretched to death? biggrin.gif