PVKII - Back to Work

CrazytalkCrazytalk TerminatorPVKII Team
It's been an amazing start to the month. Over 15,000 downloads of the game so far and the site/forums have never been busier! If you haven't already downloaded PVKII I suggest you join in on the fun. There are currently over 500 people playing on over 60 Servers.
Choose from a list of mirrors here.
A big thanks goes out to all the support we've recieved from the community, fans and all the sites hosting our mirrors and servers!

New Patch in the Works
The team is very excited and has already gotten back to work for the next release. We have decided to do a patch in the near future which will include some map and model optimization, as well as some bug fixes. The patch will include things like:
    Performance Optimization.
  • Disabled picking up chest in your own teams zone.
  • Team Name added to "X has grabbed the booty."
  • Keg Damage/AoE reduced.
  • Team Colors added to chat.
  • Keg "Pushable".
  • Team Balance.
  • Mani Support
  • and more.
      PVKII on TVIn other news, PVKII made it on TV today. We were featured in a segment of the German program Giga Games MAXX. We're having trouble with the video recorded from the live stream, but will post it when available.First PVKII CompetitionTo celebrate the popularity of PVKII, we have our first competition. This is a Map Design competition where you may draw your idea for a map which the PVKII team will put into work. Read more about the competition here. More prizes may be available by the end, so keep an eye out.Community HostingLast but not least, team member Wacko has offered hosting to PVKII Clans, Mappers and others. Contact him at wacko@mpaa.nu for more information.

badass.jpg

Comments

• Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    edited 7:38AM
    QUOTE (Crazytalk)
    [*]Keg Damage/AoE reduced.....

I didn't think there was a problem with that. The keg was one of the only things keeping the pirates alive since they're underpowered. So many crybabies just whined about the kegs, though. Is it reduced by a lot, or just slightly? I hope not by too much....

Update looks good so far, congrats on the television mention (even though I probably won't understand it once you post a video link), and I hope the first competition goes well.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • m1dym1dy Members
    The damage is fine IMO, it's the AoE that's really imbalanced.
    Oh wait....I didn't notice the damage was changed too!! Please only change the AoE. The pirates really don't have much they need the keg. You can change the AoE, but the damage is just fine as it is!
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • mike-mike- Members
    i agree, please just give it less range.. dont tune down the damage. sad.gif
    user posted image
  • ScrapScrap Senior
    Ok devs, atleast answer this. Will the Keg nerf be permanent or reworked when more classes come in? (this comment wasnt meant to be rude)
    user posted image
  • MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    We'll look back upon the keg if problems arise, don't worry smile.gif
    Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
    - Richard Feynman
  • lillbrorsanlillbrorsan Members
    This patch will be really nice 8)
    user posted image
    http://www.lillbrorsan.webb.se - My website with my wow characters and portfolio.
  • CopetCopet Senior
    Sounds great! The competition is intriguing...I will definitely take a look.
    user posted image
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    Sounds really good biggrin.gif
    Any chance for keg emoticon?
  • havochavoc Senior
    Sounds very nice smile.gif
    Tho, about the kegs, i think the dmg and aoe is fine as it is, imo it would be enough with the push thingy.
    Ok, the aoe can be lowered, but i think dmg is fine.
  • SchafSchaf Senior
    Damn! We were on TV and I missed it. sad.gif
    Can't wait for the video. If you want me to, I'll translate it. tongue.gif
  • EinherjerEinherjer Members
    Woot, grats with TV thingie smile.gif

will you have an ETA on the patch?
  • dazzleddazzled Senior
    kegs are just terrible and yes without them pirates are nothing but a gun and the speed to run away but with kegs they are pretty damn strong=/ like on island your fighting with a knight were the chests are and then pirates will come and chuck kegs in and run away. kegs kill everyone and then theres no point everytime you fight a pirates can just chuck a keg and yes kegs take a long time to explode but they hold them for longer they chuck it and it explodes straight away its the only real probelem apart from that its fantastic.

:archer: :pirate: :x
    monkeys are smarter than you think

one day we will rule the world

Muahahaha
    Again, please leave the keg's damage the way it is. The AoE definately was a bit much, but the damage was fine. It's what's keeping the pirates alive.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    I dont think the pirates are useless without the keg.
    The most annoying part however, when you are in a middle of a fight, some pirates(when losing) tend to drop the keg on the floor and hit it with the sword, and you know the continuation tongue.gif
    QUOTE (dazzled)
    kegs are just terrible and yes without them pirates are nothing but a gun and the speed to run away but with kegs they are pretty damn strong=/ like on island your fighting with a knight were the chests are and then pirates will come and chuck kegs in and run away. kegs kill everyone and then theres no point everytime you fight a pirates can just chuck a keg and yes kegs take a long time to explode but they hold them for longer they chuck it and it explodes straight away its the only real probelem apart from that its fantastic.

:archer:      :pirate:   :x

You can kill the pirates while they hold them. If they're hiding you can hear the sound of the lit keg.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • Sonic7145Sonic7145 Senior
    Will we have the option to turn team balancing on and off or is it always on?
  • Gobanzo_MonGobanzo_Mon Members
    How likely is it that the ragdoll weights of the player models will use the new CSS ragdoll weights instead of the old ones? It shouldn't be very hard to fix...just a change to the .phy files I believe.
    QUOTE (Gobanzo_Mon)
    How likely is it that the ragdoll weights of the player models will use the new CSS ragdoll weights instead of the old ones? It shouldn't be very hard to fix...just a change to the .phy files I believe.

That needs to be changed AFTER this whole issue is resolved with the pirates' kegs. It's completely unfair that the weakest class is being made weaker!! I will constantly bring this up until this is changed. Just look in the pirate scores. The kinhts and vikings pretty much ALWAYS have more than them, usually by a lot, too.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • SkjalgSkjalg Senior
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)
    QUOTE (Gobanzo_Mon)

That needs to be changed AFTER this whole issue is resolved with the pirates' kegs. It's completely unfair that the weakest class is being made weaker!! I will constantly bring this up until this is changed. Just look in the pirate scores. The kinhts and vikings pretty much ALWAYS have more than them, usually by a lot, too.

I understand your frustration, but the keg is still a problem. The fact is that its a weapon you cant defend against in any way (yet). But the keg isnt the only weapon the skirmisher has, so if the skirmisher is too weak when we downsize the kegdamage, we'll probably boost something else. Like perhaps the pistols. Or maybe give him slightly more health.
  • EinherjerEinherjer Members
    The reason pirates often has less score than the other classes is that they tend to friendly kill alot if they keg spam... :lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
  • VV Lumberjack's son Senior
    No, NO! Don't boost teh health!! give the gun more damage and make it slower, but hell no, dont boost health. Theyre skirmishers, not uber warriors.
  • A2v89A2v89 Members
    They havnt released all of the classes yet, so there might be a chance that pirates wont... suck. I agree with higher damage on the pistol if you take down the keg damage and AoE, right now the pistol rarely does damage and to do damage you have to be in the enemies range making pistols pretty useless.
  • AlMightyBobAlMightyBob Senior
    Anyone that complains about the Swashbuckler class at the moment is either a gunkiter or doesn't have the time or talent to learn to use the cutlass properly. Speed is their main advantage and you HAVE to use it. Aim for legs, get behind them or do whatever you have to do. I rarely use the keg anyway and if I'm playing on another team then I can always hear the fuse burning when a pirate's keg is activated. As soon as I see or hear it I get the hell out of there or try to take down the pirate. Besides once some more classes are released we'll see less and less kegs being used since currently we're forced to have them as a Pirate.
  • Gobanzo_MonGobanzo_Mon Members
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)
    QUOTE (Gobanzo_Mon)

They're solving lots of other issues ALONG with that one. Its not like they can only focus on one thing at a time in a patch. That would be a poor use of patches.
  • VancaVanca Senior
    QUOTE (AlMightyBob)
    Anyone that complains about the Swashbuckler class at the moment is either a gunkiter or doesn't have the time or talent to learn to use the cutlass properly. Speed is their main advantage and you HAVE to use it. Aim for legs, get behind them or do whatever you have to do. I rarely use the keg anyway and if I'm playing on another team then I can always hear the fuse burning when a pirate's keg is activated. As soon as I see or hear it I get the hell out of there or try to take down the pirate. Besides once some more classes are released we'll see less and less kegs being used since currently we're forced to have them as a Pirate.

qft
    Rawr
    QUOTE (AlMightyBob)

One more person to make a good poinst concerning this issue...you made one mistake though. The Swashbuckler class doesn't exist yet. The current pirate class is called a skirmisher.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • A2v89A2v89 Members
    You dont have to lit the keg, just chuck it at an enemy while they swing, sure itll take you out but atleast you took one with you. You can also throw it on the ground and shoot/stab it.

If you change the AoE and dmg, please talk to a pyrotechnition first.
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)
    QUOTE (AlMightyBob)

One more person to make a good poinst concerning this issue...you made one mistake though. The Swashbuckler class doesn't exist yet. The current pirate class is called a skirmisher.

:lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I guess it's on my mind a little too much. Fixed.
    Argh, thought I could edit it but in this forum I guess not...