Request: pvkII_colossus

CopetCopet Senior
edited 8:20PM in Community Maps
Is anyone planning on making this classic map? I loved it despite some of the anger some people got from it. I would love to play it again in source smile.gif

Just curious.
user posted image

Comments

• EisigerEisiger Keg Whore Senior
    edited 8:20PM
    Possibly make the collosus controllable. j/k j/k. Should be able to just bring maps over to the new engine, even with the outdated scenery.
  • WackoWacko Senior
    God that map was retarded biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • lillbrorsanlillbrorsan Members
    It was different but awesome! biggrin.gif
    user posted image
    http://www.lillbrorsan.webb.se - My website with my wow characters and portfolio.
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    I had an idea that would require a walking collosus, but be different to the original (IE it would make more sense)
  • CopetCopet Senior
    lol, since when did PVK have to make sense? biggrin.gif
    user posted image
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    Well the teleporting stuff pissed a lot of people off, its like Marmite that map.

You either love it or hate it.

I was thinking about making the collosus actually walk around the map
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    QUOTE (Wacko)
    God that map was retarded biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • Guy IncognitoGuy Incognito Members
    If anyone ever played Wizardwars, they might remember how the golem was controllable. That was fun and sadistic.
    When I replayed that old colossus map, I swear I thought it was bigger. If anything, scale it up to the size of the statue of liberty.
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    edited May 2007
    the guy who made that map must have been tripping or something. Mind you if you teleport out of the arena with the colossus, the maps not that bad (it has like a switching bridge in the center), remaking that part could be good.

Mabe it could be given a more earthy setting by adding an atmospheric sky box and the the floating clumps of earth could be vertically extruded to a floor (deep enough that you die as you hit the bottom) the gaps between could be like giant cracks in the earth or something the team spawns are obvious (castle, tavern, viking house). Perhaps there could be chests in the switching bridge bit or something.

But the colossus arena bit is basically a cuboid with some water = gets boring fast.

the coding was well done though
  • HoofiHoofi Members, Senior
    I wish I knew what map you people were talking bout. sounds cool tho. Hoofi like trippy.
  • GarreettGarreett Senior
    6 steps to playing colossus:

1. Get Half Life One (Not source one)

2. Get PVK I

3. Download Grogbot

4. Start up PVK_Colossus

5. Fill server with bots.

6. Enjoy!
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    Thats impossible. You can't enjoy colossus. Plus, bots are retarded, which makes it less enjoyable.
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    Grogbot now comes with PVK1
  • GarreettGarreett Senior
    I loved collossus! I still have all the location-to-portal embedded into my memory.
  • edited 8:20PM
    It was my favorite map, back in the day.
  • VV Lumberjack's son Senior
    I loved to get into the flying ship & kill people from there. Ah, good old times.
  • edited 8:20PM
    I loved riding on top of the tree on the floating island, then jumping on top of the airship's blimp and sniping people. Sometimes maps are just too hilarious for their own good.

It was a good map, regardless of teleporting.
    user posted image
  • CopetCopet Senior
    I know its a bump, but is it possible to port HL1 maps to HL2? I just really want to play this map again, but in source sad.gif

Also, anyone know if grogboat is going to be remade?
    user posted image
  • ArabTheVikingArabTheViking Senior
    I miss this map and want it too. I will produce textures for it if someone makes the map.
    INGAME NAME: Negrodamus
    I have seen impostors/similar thinking people so it might not be me you see.
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    *cough*necromancy!*cough*
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • ArabTheVikingArabTheViking Senior
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite @ Jul 22 2009, 06:57 PM) »
    *cough*necromancy!*cough*

I love the map enough to bump an ancient topic lol.
    INGAME NAME: Negrodamus
    I have seen impostors/similar thinking people so it might not be me you see.