The News they are a'coming

For those fo you who don't frequent the site, there's a new newpost up now;

http://www.pvkii.com/

You'll be playing PVKII(lite) before you know it!

Note, that it might seem we're leaving after this release from the tone of the newspost, but as it clearly states, we are definitively not. We shall see this mod through to the end!

So, features in the first public release:

- 1 Player class per team (3 total; HK, Skirmisher and Beserker) with full armoury.
- 2 developement/demonstration maps, possibly 1-2 "full" maps.
- Custom texture pack for mappers.
- Custom sounds, team communications.

Thoughts, comments?
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
- Richard Feynman

Comments

• BladeBlade PVKII Team
    edited 6:29AM
    Really cool media and the maps are AMAZING. :shock:

I have a question and some comments:

Question: Are you going to perform "closed beta" first before releasing an open beta?

Comments:
    Its nice that the release will be soon, however it might also hurt the mod more than helping it, for several reasons:
    1)Having HK+besrker+skirmisher isnt balance at all, game wise.
    2)If the first release wont be so good and too "light", then people might not wanna try the future releases.(yes, most people wont try again, in my opinion at least.)
    3)Bugs.

So what are you saying?
    Looking forward a decent reply.
  • lillbrorsanlillbrorsan Members
    Ooh looks really nice biggrin.gif
    user posted image
    http://www.lillbrorsan.webb.se - My website with my wow characters and portfolio.
  • HengishammerHengishammer PVKII Team
    2)If the first release wont be so good and too "light", then people might not wanna try the future releases.(yes, most people wont try again, in my opinion at least.)

I somewhat disagree with that blade. Word of mouth promoted Gary's mod and people are still playing it, even after several upgrades. The key here is releasing PVK2 with full blown combat, and special moves so that people will say "holy crap! I cant wait to play the Seio-Kona with her magic!" or An assassin that has the ability to camoflage and blend into the background, or a have gameplay totally changed by the introduction of the lord classes, and the others that will come in the second release, 3-on-3 teams other than the ones present now:)

If you wow people from the start they will come back for more:) And we can widely publisize that we are releasing all the time, and upgrading--so keep comming back.

tongue.gif

"Good men die but death cannot kill their names"- Viking Proverb
  • BischBisch Members
    Great news - I totally agree with your decisions.
    And the screens are awesome. Way better then I could imagine.
    Thanks guys!!! You simply rock!

There's only one thing that makes me sad:

If I got you right - there won't be any kind of bow or crowssbow in the first release? Damn, thats the feature that made me play PVK I.
    I like the ballistic behaviour.

Now I wanted to ask whether you may already made a bow model, animations and so on. Then it would be great to have it as weapon. Although it wont be realistic (PVK? Realism? Huh?)
  • Rallyho!Rallyho! Senior
    Am I seeing that 'Zerker holding an axe and a sword?
    Don't get caught with your fingers in my pie.
    Mess with me and you're surely gonna die.
  • MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    Indeed you are sir.

Before anyone asks, we still need to equip the HK with a sword and a shield, so he dons the same.
    Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
    - Richard Feynman
  • ShakyFoalShakyFoal Members
    Looking good, especially the maps.
  • WoozieWoozie Senior
    Mmmm, looks tasty.

Can't wait for that first version. Huscarl looks awesome Hengis, gj.
  • [BD]ScurvySam[BD]ScurvySam Senior
    Grand work gentry men!

PVKII started out as simply a musing and later a concept, but you have certainly taken it places not forseeable at that time! Quite fab!
    "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the greatest day of your life. For me? It was Tuesday."
    -M. Bison
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    Looks narly, but i think that 1 class per team is a little small form a first release. i see it this way: first release :orig 9 classes and then 3 classes every release after that. nad i agree with blade HKvsZerker is balanced, but if you put a skrimisher in there, it would be kind of unblanced.

but thats just my opinion, and i'm still looking foreward to this mod
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    actually, while playing the berserker during current testing, I was able to keep up with the skirmishers smile.gif
    And we haven't even started balancing yet tongue.gif

badass.jpg

• NorphTehDwarfNorphTehDwarf Senior
    You mean like, killing-wise, right? Cuz if you could keep up in a race with a skirmisher, I'll be a sad panda.
    E Unim Pluribus
    "From One, Many"(Small Pieces!)
    "jump from desertruin tower directly onto ham"- Masmak
    InfiniteJorge: DABNIKESBHJKBHHA!!!!!!!!!11111
  • edited 6:29AM
    The Doom Knights shall rise again! HK 4 teh win!
    user posted image
  • MasmakMasmak Senior
    sweet jumping Jesus, I can't wait.
    I got bored with my old sig.
  • DecipherDecipher Senior
    :yay: Piratehaven looks beyond belief. Astounding.
    My only negative thing is the health "bars". I just doesn't scream PVK like the numbers in the corners. It looks a little too RPG for my taste.
    Otherwise I can't wait for the release, even with only 3 classes.
    On an extended hiatus to focus on school.
    We just need to make it scaleable so that its seen better:) ITs a very nice Bar, and its useful for displaying the special move when its ready, and the currently selected weapon as well as health and armor:)

• BladeBlade PVKII Team
    QUOTE (Crazytalk)
    actually, while playing the berserker during current testing, I was able to keep up with the skirmishers smile.gif
    And we haven't even started balancing yet tongue.gif

I dont understand how can you balance the skirmisher and the HK...

*swing*
    I dont understand how can you balance the skirmisher and the HK...

*swing*

You don't :shock:

No really, the berserker's berserk ability makes him run faster and be stronger remember?? So when this is used properly along with some fancy dodging, then a berserker should be able to get close to a skirmisher and frappe him into nothingness!!! tongue.gif

The other side of the coin is that the skirmisher has a gun and a giant powder keg:o

It won't be too balanced at the get go because of there only being 3 characters in game, but as we get moving along it will get better after the addition of other classes.

• LoE | WootjeLoE | Wootje Banned
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!! IMPRESSIVE!
  • Keg-o-GrogKeg-o-Grog Senior
    awesome! i cant wait to play biggrin.gif
  • WoozieWoozie Senior
    Don't get me wrong, this update is badass.

But really, is it just me or does the HK look a little stumpy? Maybe it's just the screenshots... hopefully?
  • edited 6:29AM
    I believe the screenshot was taken while jumping... only God knows why.
    user posted image
  • DrakirDrakir Members
    Impressive stuff mates. Looking great. Love the new mapshots released, some really nice mapping done there. Looking forward to playing this mod. Keep up the good work mates!
    Just your average brushwhore....
    www.age-of-chivalry.com
  • WoozieWoozie Senior
    Doom Knight, I meant this shot here:

http://pvkii.com/aprilupdate/pvk_crossroads_04.jpg

The other one does look like he's jumping.

@Drakir - Looking forward to AoC too!
  • CopetCopet Senior
    Great update! One class per team may make it a bit monotonous, and some classes may have advantages over the other two, but a release will be great nonetheless, and seeing how great PVK1 was, this will surely be great!
    user posted image
  • Hubb Jubb ManagerHubb Jubb Manager Purveyor of Hubb Jubb Juice Senior
    Looking fantastic...

*wishes he was a beta tester*
    Hubb Jubb Manager

Serving Hubb Jubb Juice since 2002
  • JEBUSJEBUS Senior
    Yeah please please try to get some more maps in the game or else it will get boring after awhile.

Also since your realeaseing early, I think it would be best to give each class a temporaly ranged weapon to mix things up some.
    Ingame name: {JEBUS_54}
  • WoozieWoozie Senior
    Screw that! Choppy choppy zerker time! I'll just change to Pirates if I want to shoot stuff.
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    I think atleast 2 classes before release so we get some variety in the teams. I suggest huscarl for the vikings cuz i read somewhere it is the next to be modeled, the bowman for kngihts to get some ranged attacks and a melee pirate (swashbuckler, freebooter) for pirates to have a more melee oriented class. that is all
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    Yeah, 3 classes isn't necessarily a definate, but we hope to balance it out so it works well.
    The HK loos great in game, the screenies may be strange angles causing the "stumpiness"
    We're still going for a Rock Paper Scissors aspect of gameplay in the sense that each team/class will have its strengths and weaknesses that will be balanced out against the strengths/weaknesses of the other classes smile.gif

Really appreciate all the replies, and look forward to truely showing off all the hard work the team has and will continue to put into the mod when the beta is released biggrin.gif

badass.jpg