PVKII Presents... Lost Treasures!

ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' GoodPVKII Team

Introducing a new PVKII Community Workshop Map Series!

PVKII Presents... Lost Treasures! 

PVKII Developers and Authorized Creators will be releasing older maps that will probably never see the glory of being official, so we want our fans to enjoy something special while they wait for future updates! These maps may not be in a finished state when released, but they will be playable, and will be updated over time. Quality will vary. 

Again, please note these maps are not official, but are officially supported by PVKII Dev and Creators. Think you have what it takes to join us in this initiative to release older, unfinished maps? Want to contribute to the PVKII community? Apply to our Authorized Creator team here! Your application should be serious and include examples of your work. You don't have to be a great mapper, but you should be a team player, and have the time and motivation to see a project through - on your own schedule, of course! 

Is there map you've seen images or video of in the past and really want to see released in the Lost Treasures Workshop Series? Let us know below!

Stranded is the first release! A map originally started by retired PVKII Developer yeehaa. Read more about the history of the map here.

Stranded was released by, and is receiving maintenance from, Combine, a PVKII Authorized Creator. Download the map in Steam Workshop!

"A deathmatch map on a small island far far away..."

Map by: Yeehaa 
Worked on and finished by: Combine
Optimization by: Colonel 
Thumbnail by: AGSMA

We hope you enjoy!

xq0LCrG.png
Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

Comments

• edited June 23
    I love this. So much. :3 We should have little get-togethers like when we all tried your 3court map.

As for map suggestions (These might be a real stretch):
    Highlanders v2. Nobody really knows what happened to this version. It just... disappeared. (Though the map could use an overhaul IMO. It'd be better with more territories, or even a different gamemode).
    Clouds. Apparently a very old 2 Territory Map. It'd be nice to see this with it's younger cousin, bt_Skyhaven.
    Crossroads. An old Team Deathmatch map? Would love to see this with Trinket Wars or other modes.
    And finally, Catacombs, the "1st PVKII map ever made," if that's correct. I would love to see the direction and gamemode for this relic. (Trilobite's custom tdm map is also called "Catacombs").
    “Suppose, in their altruistic passion for justice and order, they had determined to reform the world, but had not realized that they were destroying the soul of man?”
    - Arthur Clarke, Childhood's End
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Thanks for your suggestions.

I could see us recreating at least parts of those maps (clouds, crossroads) based on images, but the question arises... is it really worth it? Why not finish something that is closer to completion and has considerable work completed. 

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• edited June 24
    Good point. I was initially thinking those maps because they've been left in the dust for so long. I sort've assumed they'd be in a "decent" state at least. Now that I think about it, I guess it's a little redundant to have two cloud maps.
    “Suppose, in their altruistic passion for justice and order, they had determined to reform the world, but had not realized that they were destroying the soul of man?”
  • jgh238jgh238 Members
    I was waiting for this map to appear on a server but I do not see it yet. When can we play this map? 
    By the way, sensational idea The Map Series. =)
  • VasumatiVasumati Kunoichi Members
    having trouble remembering their names    one was a tiny map. basically a lava dungeon. sudden death flooded it with lava. everyone hated it except me haha.            Other was fighting in the clouds sudden death was a dragon.        And of course therewas castle...  When i get home ill post a link if its still active

• edited September 6
    Vasumati said:
    having trouble remembering their names    one was a tiny map. basically a lava dungeon. sudden death flooded it with lava. everyone hated it except me haha.            Other was fighting in the clouds sudden death was a dragon.        And of course therewas castle...  When i get home ill post a link if its still active

The first map you're thinking of is "lts_aztec_arena": http://forums.pvkii.com/discussion/11557/pvk-lts-aztec-arena-good-for-dm

The second map with the dragon is "lts_ventus": http://forums.pvkii.com/discussion/12430/lts-ventus

What are the details you remember about the "Castle" map?

• VasumatiVasumati Kunoichi Members
    Vasumati said:

The first map you're thinking of is "lts_aztec_arena": http://forums.pvkii.com/discussion/11557/pvk-lts-aztec-arena-good-for-dm

The second map with the dragon is "lts_ventus": http://forums.pvkii.com/discussion/12430/lts-ventus

What are the details you remember about the "Castle" map?

thanks. i remember cartke just forgot to post link. its knights defending an castle. other teams break in using catapults and such. hopefully i rember to post tonight :p