The Testudo Cohort gets its own servers, baby

El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKIISenior
edited May 2017 in Servers
After a bad event happened in PiratePerfection.com with me losing my admin and many of the mods, admins and even premiums losing their credentials for virtually no reason but to hide something PirateCaptain did, Simplity, whom I think is (WAS) the co-lead of PiratePerfection.com, was kind enough to offer me his servers and have full-access to them. Something PirateCaptain didn't want to give despite all the help, third-party management (as I had no full-access) and control I have done to it.

That's right, The Testudo Cohort has its own Public servers! They're all called "The Testudo Cohort PUBLICUS". Please take a hour or two or even twenty-four to try them.

What differs these servers from others?
I don't want to brag, but I think I must;
- There will NEVER be any kind of fancy fun plugins or commands or any of the like.
No 33 players, no HP rewards, nothing that breaks the vanilla gameplay.
- There are rules, this isn't a just-for-fun server but it isn't one that tries to be competitive either. It's a game, but games got rules just like real sports do.
Want an explanation why it has rules? Most of us play Soccer, and when we do we sometimes get into a "friendly competition". What do we do? We say "Hey the ball got out!" and "Penalti!" and all. This is all despite not having any referee.
- There are Saysounds, I try my best to make sure they're good for everybody while also being original, none of the 'popular meme' crap.
- There's Quality Control. Ridiculously bad maps and disliked maps are removed when needed. Although this also brings the negativity of having low amount of maps. Sadly, not all custom maps are that great.

Hey, don't you hate it when some guy joins and decides to play like an arsehole? (This is about harassers, griefers, etc) Then why don't you try getting VIP? This way, you can stop fully depending on an admin and instead voteban any arsehole you see! You will also be able to get his IP with the "!allrates" type command or the "sm_allrates" console command.

How do you get VIP?
Please refer to this thread; http://www.beyondche...tion-about-vip/

We are also hoping to get some admins, active admins and good ones. And by "good ones" I mean in experience and skill, I don't care if you killed a granny and her granddaughter just to get admin, the thing is, you're great at being admin and that's what should matter.

How do you get Admin?
Please refer to this thread; http://www.beyondche...-pvkii-servers/

List of current admins;
CrazyMonkey (Doesn't mind to be known) (Only got admin in "Custom Maps ONLY")
123 (Doesn't mind to be known)
Finlord (Doesn't mind to be known)

Yes, you can actually add these guys in your steam for admin-related stuff.

Don't forget, this server has its own rules, please make sure to read through them thoroughly; http://www.beyondche...-pvkii-servers/
Too lazy to read? In short;
1. Do not hack.
2. Do not harass.
3. Do not grief.
4. Insulting is allowed, but if somebody kindly/respectfully asks you to stop (at least on THAT person in concrete), do it so.
5. Do not do any kind of truce, alliances, etc.
6. Do not attack the wrong team intentionally.
7. Do not bring the chest to an enemy team and do not attempt to get a chest out just to bring it to an enemy team.

The servers are all European, located in France, Paris. I'm terribly sorry, US players.

Finally, the list of our servers for PVKII!

24/7 Island
163.172.107.77:27015

Vanilla Rotation
163.172.107.77:27016

Custom Maps ONLY
163.172.107.77:27017

Deathmatch/Trinket Wars ONLY
163.172.107.77:27018

For more information, click here. Has info on maps.
I make mods.
Your soul cannot be saved.
Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

Comments

• Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 12:08AM
    Buttpirates 4 life yo.
  • MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    I'm always glad to have another server to jump onto, good stuff!
  • El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKII Senior
    Combine™ wrote:

Buttpirates 4 life yo.

Ascendo tuum ;)
    I make mods.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com

• Xxcrazy-monkeyxXXxcrazy-monkeyxX Beta Tester, Senior
    Oh yeah baby!
    giphy.gif
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    Finally EU got a custom server, definitely going to spend some time there. Cheers.
    edited July 2016
    Just added some new maps;
    te_hotsand_b6
    tw_hotstone_b4
    tw_icelake
    xc_galaxy_pvkii_b5
    bt_breakable_mines_b2
    dm_catacombs_beta1
    pvk_kott_b2
    pvk_rooftop_b1

And yes, I accept any suggestions for new maps, as long as I get the files to test them out if needed.
    I make mods.

I'm terribly sorry, I hardly keep this thread active and I didn't even changed the old IPs with the new ones.
    Now I did.
    In September 5, we had to change the IPs as seen here; http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thetestudocohort#announcements/detail/823419189565166260

So, our servers are now Windows-based and located in France, Paris.
    Linux has an issue in PVKII where achievement notifications don't work at all. I consider that an extra benefit, because there are many people that don't feel like "unintentionally showing off" their achievements, but oh well.
    Windows doesn't have this issue at all, so I suppose the biggest benefit you'll get from the server change is that, Achievement Notifications, and maybe better ping.

Also, I have to address some issues regarding our servers;
    1. Yes, this server has rules. Just like any other server, I'm sure even SBP has "strict rules". If you cannot abide to these rules, then good luck, go to another.
    The only reason this server has rules is to avoid any kind of "gameplay breaking". Do you really love it when some idiots steal your chests and, while they're Knights, bring it to the Pirates out of their own will? Do you love it when you're being chased daily by some guy when the objective is to get a chest? Do you like spammers? Well then, bad server, because it does not tolerate that.
    2. Yes, this server TOLERATES insults. I will guarantee you that PUBLICUS will have no censorship of any kind. Insults in PUBLICUS are tolerated, but this is only as long as you don't go harassing people or keep spamming it. It should be easy to know when you're harassing a person with words. Be wary that, if you're insulting a person and he asks you to stop, you are forced to do it or you can be punished by an admin. Also, we TOLERATE it, NOT ENCOURAGE it, learn the difference.
    3. Regarding the "Do not attack the wrong team" rule. I have explained this to PP.com and they understood it, just refused it, so please do not be like them. This rule was made for the simple reason to avoid anybody getting in trouble for pretty much "attacking the wrong team". Who's the "wrong team"? The team who has no chests at all and the ticket rate for it is high. If pirates got 120 and they got no chests while Vikings got 50 and they have at least one chest or two, which one will you attack? You SHOULD attack the vikings.
    Yes, these servers force you to attack the right team. It is only YOUR problem that you do not like the rule. It's not like anybody will even like you or think you're cool for attacking a wrong team anyway.
    If you're new to the game, you will be told to attack the right team and may even be teleported. Please do not take that personally, because many of you already did. You weren't even slayed, kicked or banned for attacking the wrong team.
    4. Regarding "rude admins". In PUBLICUS, we have NO rules for "admin conduct". The admins are NOT forced to help you or to be nice with you, that is their own will to do so. Obviously, if they do it, they're "good admins", but so what? The only purpose admins have in these servers is to control the servers, so the rules are taken care of. This may turn the server into a "Dictatorship" of sorts, well then, there you go, another reason to believe that The Testudo Cohort is a "Roman Empire" or a "Roman Republic turning Dictatorship".
    Jokes aside, the admins WILL abide the rules, so there is no way that they will have any vendetta against you, as that will be "Harassment" itself (and it mostly gets to "Verbal Harassment"). If you have issues with an admin, you can try talking out with him, add him, there's a reason why they have their Steam linked.
    When I say that I understand your concern about "rude admins", I MEAN IT. But PUBLICUS is not your traditional server with yon average traditional admins. I repeat, the admins are NOT forced to have a conduct, they're only forced to abide by the rules and enforce the rules on others.
    If you really need to make arguments about admins, you can post them here; http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thetestudocohort/discussions/14/
    5. Getting a bit personal now...Regarding 123. Yes, 123 was made admin in 11/9/16. Why? He requested it, as seen here; http://www.beyondcheats.com/topic/22-solicit-admin-here/
    I have accepted it as he is indeed a very active player in The Testudo Cohort, and it is true that he has good experience with SM Admin. I know 123's past is very shallow, he whines A LOT and always annoys players with rates and so on. I have tried my best to calm him down, and I dare say I am successful. 123, decent or not, does his 'job' as an admin rather great.
    A lot of people hate him, I understand that. I had more problems with 123 than any of you ever did (I was pretty much the only guy with time and, dare say testicles, to argue with him). I knew giving him admin will get issues...But guess what? The only issues I got are mostly just complaints. Right now, the only issues 123 has is that he still annoys people with rates, I have asked him to stop that and try asking them in another way (to be honest, I have no logs/proofs at all about him RUDELY telling people to feck off for having bad rates or/and shouting them to change them or he will 'permaban' them).
    As of late, 123 is taking his admin job rather seriously. Sure, he gets to complain from time to time, but he has the right and freedom to do so...Except this time he no longer complains like there's no tomorrow and does so just to annoy players.
    So, knowing all this, I'm asking ALL of you to please shut up already.
    I am TIRED of getting complaints related to 123 that are not even valid.
    123 does good as an admin. As a person, I don't really give a damn, it's your problem with him. And I'll say it again, he got better after those many arguments with me and getting admin.
    Still, be wary that I'm not PURELY defending 123. If you have valid proof that 123 is doing something out of conduct (breaking PUBLICUS' rules, such as harassing and so on), make sure to show me.
    I REPEAT, I AM NOT COMPLETELY DEFENDING 123.
    I make mods.

• Trojan•CliniqueTrojan•Clinique Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous. Senior
    Good to see new servers. I'll be on them regulary
  • edited 12:08AM
    So, first of all its nice to be back at this game after a long break.

But recently i played on your Island Server and got banned without any message. After that, i think one week ago i got banned again cause an admin called me cheating. I think his name was "Pandemonium", whatever.

A Statement of one of these Admins on this server would be very nice, especially Pandemonium's. I think banning a player coz' getting ass kicked isn't a banable reason. Btw i didn't used the chat at all.

Greetings, XTC
    XTC^

imageMayday image Krogothimage XTC^ image Trojan•Clinique
    According to the one who banned you, your ban-time was only 10 minutes, you should have it lifted already.

If not, send me your Steam profile.
    I make mods.

Thanks for your reply.

I'll check it, but it may not be that some admin rage bans any player on this server without any proof.

Btw, nice server.
    XTC^

Apparently, the reason you got a 10 minutes ban was because you were attacking the wrong team, which is against the rules.

Although you had no warning about it, so everyone's at a fault here.
    I make mods.

I don't think i were attacking the wrong team, besides that this person said i would use an aimbot. After that i got disconnected with the message "using aimbot".

Anyway thanks for your response.
    XTC^

• MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    omg XTC
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    omg Mayday
    mEtxJiK.png
  • Trojan•CliniqueTrojan•Clinique Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous. Senior
    Mayday wrote:

omg XTC

My exact responce ingame.... need a reunion lol.
    I take the female, the rest of you can die.
    I make mods.

• edited October 2016
    Mayday wrote:

omg XTC

My exact responce ingame.... need a reunion lol.

<3

Would be really nice haha.
    XTC^

Yesterday (4-4-2017), a problem happened in the Dedicated Server, it got infected with a 'Cryptor' virus and encrypted most if not all the data.
    I'll have to redo the servers all over again, luckily enough I did have some good backups.

I'm not sure how it got infected, for all I know some lucky bastard was able to upload it through one of the PVKII servers (yet upload is disabled).

I'll inform when they are back.
    I make mods.

• BagasBagas Senior
    Some people must not like you :/
    I do understand why...
    But infecting a server that isnt popular...:D
    For what reason?
    FZkBmH.jpg
    Bagas wrote:

But infecting a server that isnt popular... :D

You could make it popular.
    I make mods.

Some news:
    I was able to recover most (nearly all) necessary and even trivial files for the servers.

The only thing left is to see if the stats-tracker works fine and re-do the sounds plugin, since that one lost the ability to use faction-based sounds now.

If anyone is willing to help, do send me a PM.
    I make mods.

BAD NEWS!
    The servers are back!

The only issues encountered are Saysounds and Ingame Messages.

Saysounds works, but not for faction-based sounds, it's being taken care of at least.
    Ingame Messages don't seem to work, yet logging is working fine.

Other than that, the servers are good, runnin' and stable forever.
    I make mods.