Winter Recap & 3.6 On The Horizon

ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' GoodPVKII Team
edited April 2017 in PVKII News & Announcements
kieDQYj.png

10 YEARS OF PVKII
On January 1st of this year, PVKII turned 10 years old! The giveaway contest is over but you can still celebrate with us by posting in this thread. Congratulations to LittleBirdy, winner of the 10 Years of PVKII $50
Steambucks giveaway! More exciting things for celebrating 10 Years of PVKII are coming.

DISMEMBERMENT/GIBS PROGRESS & 3.6 UPDATE INCOMING VIDEO
Our coders and artists have been hard at work getting dismemberment and gibbing in-game for you. Only texture work is left. We will work hard to get this feature in a near future patch.

Check out this video of us testing insta-gib feature (with one hit kill and team kill options on for fun)

[media]image

BONDI ANIMATION PROGRESS BY LORD B.
View more of Lord B's first person Bondi animations here.
CGa9hY8.gif

FUTURE CLASS PROGRESS
baf09d61e0.jpg.png
bbbe951d4b.jpg.png

Buccaneer-shield.jpg
renato-corvalho-buccaneer.jpg

298cdb979d.jpg
buccaneer.jpg

buccaneer-arm-wip.png
buccaneer-cestus-wip.png

CHARACTER AUDIO PROGRESS
In order to have character voice commands that fit any future game mode we've asked our voice actors to do more commands like "get the objective" or creative approaches like "hand me that there thing-a-ma-bobber." Take a listen to PJIII and tFg's recordings below:

Sharpshooter (PJIII)

Captain (tFg)

Heavy Knight (tFg)

WINTER DEV JOURNAL POSTS
Felis "Server Rulesets":
http://forums.pvkii....=60#entry267279
Hurtcules "Source Pipeline": http://forums.pvkii....showtopic=15664
Lord B "Bondi Animations": http://forums.pvkii....60
Corvalho "Buccaneer Progress": http://forums.pvkii....140#entry267255

looking_for_devs.jpg

PVKII BETA TESTER APPLICATIONS OPEN
Applications for the Beta Testing team are now open until further notice. Application emails will create an archive and waiting list. Your application will always be under consideration for when a spot opens up. However, this does not guarantee you will be selected to join the team. If you think you have what it takes and have time to help us out, head on over and apply!

follow_trello.jpg

Follow us on Trello for the latest development buzz, and as always, follow us on Facebook Twitter Youtube and Mod DB for more updates. Also, follow the latest
in the community at our official Steam Group!

xq0LCrG.png
Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

Comments

• lokkdokklokkdokk Senior
    edited 9:58AM
    I think it was too early to show the dismemberment.
  • BagasBagas Senior
    So Bondi is not coming yet :/
    The dismemberment looked like only legs and arms, beserker was the only one that had the head cut off or is it just me?
    It looks ok, but it could use a few blown ribs and more heads cut off :)
    FZkBmH.jpg
  • Jolly RogerJolly Roger Senior
    Is the captain voice actor the same one as before? I'm not totally he sure but he sound a bit different or it might be the guy is a few years older now so his voice changed slightly.
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    There's definitely head dismemberments. As of right now, we're missing dismemberment for the Archer and we're missing leg dismemberment for the Berserker. Then of course there's the missing textures which I need to make a list of and send off to get those worked on. There's a definite possibility they'll be done for 3.6. But they might not be. In which case we hope to do a follow up release later.

They're not as far off as you might think though.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited April 2017
    19 min and 65 seconds wasted on listening to 3 guys say "i have the objective!" "the objective is mine!" etc, was so worth it. Both did a great job, i hope to hear more like this.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Senior
    Spirrwell wrote:

There's definitely head dismemberments. As of right now, we're missing dismemberment for the Archer and we're missing leg dismemberment for the Berserker. Then of course there's the missing textures which I need to make a list of and send off to get those worked on. There's a definite possibility they'll be done for 3.6. But they might not be. In which case we hope to do a follow up release later.

They're not as far off as you might think though.

I'm still willing to work on the gore textures, just to inform.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

Is the captain voice actor the same one as before? I'm not totally he sure but he sound a bit different or it might be the guy is a few years older now so his voice changed slightly.

Yeah it's the same VA, just age makes the voice sound abit different. Imagine doing a Pirate voice for years, it'll sure do a work on your vocals!
  • Chedda CheezChedda Cheez Senior
    Pretty exciting, I must say. Dismemberment will be just lovely. I enjoyed that ridiculous overkill damage just splatters body chunks everywhere. I assume that, when implemented, it will be more like... getting the kill by hitting a Berserker in the arm with your 2-hander will slice his arm off while he flops away as usual.

Either way, having gibs in the game finally gives a good excuse to add in a glorious and bloody Instagib mode-- kinda like the video, actually!

Hope the Bondi isn't too far behind it, though. I'll never stop yearning for new classes to a possibly annoying degree. :ss:
    Welcome to Cheez's PVKII Funtime Class!
    Rule #1: Have fun. [incredulous gasping ripples throughout the room]

That concludes Funtime Class! We didn't have the funding for a lengthy seminar. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Stop by again for our next lesson: "Heavy Knight's Heaving Heart: How to Write Poetry for Swords!"

76561197993232256.png
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited April 2017
    Focus shifted to polishing game after 3.0, and additional classes are a luxury. If we have them then awesome let's work on them. We are so grateful to have people like jRocket and Corvalho who can create awesome characters, and animators/ riggers to get them game ready.

Bondi is in need of some animation work, but not much left, as well as dismemberment/gib slicing.

xq0LCrG.png

• Major ChulainMajor Chulain Senior
    Bondi is going to be the best thing that happend to this game aslong its just as fluid and easy to use as archer. Can't wait to destroy some annoying little archer weaklings that raid the viking base and expect to get away with it.
    j7rk8n.jpg
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Senior

Bondi is going to be the best thing that happend to this game aslong its just as fluid and easy to use as archer. Can't wait to destroy some annoying little archer weaklings that raid the viking base and expect to get away with it.

Your cute lil' Bondi don't mean fish when you got the BUCCANEER, baby.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Update! The model is done and will soon be rigged and implemented! Sounds like a live stream should soon be in order :)

xq0LCrG.png

Bondi is going to be great on alot of custom maps, so instead of choosing Huscarl or Gestir for range they have an actual range class that could compete with the Archer n Sharpshooter making it more balanced and fun for all teams.