All of my Achievements have disappeared

SkollvarSkollvar Senior
edited 1:45AM in Bugs/Support
I have been playing PVKII for quite some time now. I had a lot of achievements and cool skins that come with it and i was very disappointed when i found out that they were all gone. I have not idea why did that happen. Is there still any chance for my to get them back? What should i do?

Comments

• SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited January 2017
    Well achievements shouldn't just disappear. Achievements are supposed to be hooked to Steam and as long as they get updated on Steam, they should automatically sync to your account no matter if it were a new install or not. If your achievements were on Steam and now they're gone, that is something I would contact Valve\Customer Support about if they would respond.

If your achievements ARE on Steam, but they're NOT in-game, that is a different problem. All achievements are also stored locally. If it somehow got corrupted or something, I could see that causing an issue. In which case, right click PVKII in Steam and click "Properties." Under the "LOCAL FILES" tab, click "BROWSE LOCAL FILES..."

Navigate to the pvkii directory, NOT sdkbase_pvkii. There should be a file called GameState.txt. Create a backup of it, and delete it from the pvkii folder. That should force the game to essentially redownload achievements from Steam. If it doesn't work, you can revert GameState.txt to the one you backed up.

Bottom line, we need a little bit more information.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• SkollvarSkollvar Senior
    edited 1:45AM
    Thank you for replying so quickly.

I forgot to mention that all of my play time is also gone ( the amount of time i played this game was reset ) I tried your suggested method but i didn't seem to work so maybe i'll try to contact Valve about this.

I was also wondering whether this may have occurred because i stopped playing this game for several months and when i went back to it everything was gone. Its like i've never even played this game.
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    edited January 2017
    Skollvar wrote:

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I forgot to mention that all of my play time is also gone ( the amount of time i played this game was reset ) I tried your suggested method but i didn't seem to work so maybe i'll try to contact Valve about this.

I was also wondering whether this may have occurred because i stopped playing this game for several months and when i went back to it everything was gone. Its like i've never even played this game.

Never heard of this happening before, Steam should not reset game stats after inactivity. There's nothing we can do about this, so try contacting Steam Support.