[WIP]gudleifr

Z(Rus)Z(Rus) Senior
edited 3:15AM in Community Maps
I still do not know which type of game to do

I think to do dm or lts for 2 teams Vikings and Knights

~iaKRE7RC.png ~iaKRE7RD.png ~iaKRE7RE.png ~iaKRE7RF.png

Comments

• KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Beta Tester
    edited 3:15AM
    Looks nice for DM/TW

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Great work so far on the conversion to a pvkii map.

The map would look just as good without the trees, or with them at a lower altitude.

Sure to be one of the best looking custom maps out there!

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Looks really impressive.

76561198031989549.png

• Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Just wondering, how long did it take for you to make this?
  • Z(Rus)Z(Rus) Senior
    map was made for one and a half weeks, retexture and recompile for pvk2 half weeks
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited June 2015
    Colonel wrote:

Great work so far on the conversion to a pvkii map.

I must have missed something. In which game was the map supposed to be or from which game is it?
    mEtxJiK.png
  • MiggogMiggog PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    damn. It's really weird to see custom mappers starting to use textures I've intended for my next official map which is still in beta.

Anyways, looks mighty fine. Hope it won't steal all the glory from my upcoming map, ha!
    lego_sig250_v3_zps09b6104b.jpg
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    I would love to see an overview of the map. Outstanding work, by the way

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

• Z(Rus)Z(Rus) Senior
    Sphynx wrote:

I must have missed something. In which game was the map supposed to be or from which game is it?

this is my map from csgo http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454002736

origina overview:
    iaKRE7OR.png
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Senior
    That map gives me some good ol' UT2004 nostalgia vibrations, wooo!
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Deathmatch or Trinket Wars would fit better for the layout, also gives more of a chance to see the beauty of the map. Be sure to test both gamemodes correctly and carefully since you'll know which one fits perfectly after a couple of tests!
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Senior
    edited December 2016
    Okay EHOT, as you already know, I've played the map on The Testudo Cohort test server as I've planned.
    But first let me say, Colonel got the impression that I was being harsh in a bad way with you, just directly insulting you or so, but no, I'm sorry if I sounded/looked like that but that's not it, I only wanted to be harsh.

The gameplay of the map could have been better, Pirates got the worst spot possible with just 2 ways to go and they're both very open, despite Vikings having no archers they can easily annihilate them with javelins and throwing axes.

Vikings spawn in a near-best place possible, they hardly got any disadvantages except for the fact that they first must go to one way then finally they get a choice of two ways.

Knights probably got the best location, as they start in uneven terrain where they got three ways, although one is a dead-end but you can easily get to a shortcut.

As mentioned, the terrain is too uneven, it is especially so inside with the stairs and the Viking spawn, this makes melee fighting more tedious than worth it, especially knowing that the even terrain is on the top, but then there's little cover, making medium/short range fights easy.

I do like the visuals of the map, the winter storm looks incredible for a Source Engine game, at least on a gameplay-dependent game as it may be better in a graphic-based novel or so.
    But it means little, this Sudden Death brings in the Winter Storm, all it does is some weak damage and forces you to fight inside, the interior is what occupies 70%+ of the map so it's very little. I would say that this is one of the weakest Sudden Death's I've ever seen and it also serves little to no purpose at making the map more intense.

The whole LTS design is very bad though, I didn't like it and I don't think anybody else did. I'm very sure Trinket Wars would be great, Deathmatch could do as well.
    And you know, Sandstorm has randomized sandstorms, maybe you can make it so the winter storm is randomized in TW/DM.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog