Gestir sound files.

BeroxardasBeroxardas Senior
edited October 2016 in Bugs/Support
Hello. Updates are coming but I realised that there is a small thing the team seems to be missing, so I would like to report it.

First of all, Gestir says "we lost gold" instead of "we lost horn" in TW.

Gestir "Aaa-ah" scream, inspired by Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin (numerous viking lines are inspired by that) seems a good thing to be used as a line when he is only holding a chest/affected by horn. Yet all lines (odin, trick or two etc) AND gestir Aaa-ah scream are assigned to voice menu slot "encourage" and can be accesed without carrying a chest/trinket. For other classes there are some lines that can be accesed by encourage command only when carrying a chest/trinket. (Archer camelot for example).
Concluding, Gestir lacks his line that would be there instead of regular commands when caryring chest/horn, instead he always has "normal" encourage sound files.
Is this thing meant to be like this? If not, as mentioned above (perhaps not clear enough) my suggestion is to connect "Aaa-ah" file to encourage only when Gestir is carrying a chest/trinket (and, of course if he is than make the "regular" encourage commands not working at the same time).

https://youtu.be/j5z3fi9tlGg?t=1643 -Ragnarok scream would be nice to add in this moment too instead of being the special killstreak sound. Special killstreak sounds are rarely occuring in the game anyway.

Gestir sound files that are not in game:

https://youtu.be/j5z3fi9tlGg?t=1545

Stupid children, we need to defend

https://youtu.be/j5z3fi9tlGg?t=1775

Long scream. Meant for a special?

https://youtu.be/j5z3fi9tlGg?t=1790

He is in Valhalla now. Pretty cool. Never heard that.

Please let me know, perhaps I am the one who is wrong and everything is implemented just fine.
I`m really sorry for my bad English. I`m not a native speaker.

Comments

• BrandellBrandell Senior
    edited October 2016
    Same with a huscarl (he is the most poor man, without any taunts for enemy classes and other lines. And you say that he is a great singer, when he got only 2 songs!) and berserker (he hasn't got "pirates/knights stoled the gold" line)

Why is this problem still exists? I saw some points in your trello about this, but whats the problem? Did the voice actors leave from team or what?
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 6:40AM
    I don't believe the VAs have left the team, they are still in it just working on other projects. As for the quotes not added into the game they eventually will, recently we got the Huscarl Scream and Archer "RAAH!" Special quotes, both recorded a long time ago i believe but just recently been added so my guess is the rest will be added sometime just fixing up more important issues at the moment. Those are just my thoughts anyway, i might be wrong.
  • BeroxardasBeroxardas Senior
    Is any team member present to tell us the facts?
    I`m really sorry for my bad English. I`m not a native speaker.
    Combine™ wrote:

I don't believe the VAs have left the team, they are still in it just working on other projects. As for the quotes not added into the game they eventually will, recently we got the Huscarl Scream and Archer "RAAH!" Special quotes, both recorded a long time ago i believe but just recently been added so my guess is the rest will be added sometime just fixing up more important issues at the moment. Those are just my thoughts anyway, i might be wrong.

Resently? When? Two years ago?
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    Beroxardas wrote:

First of all, Gestir says "we lost gold" instead of "we lost horn" in TW.

Gestir "Aaa-ah" scream, inspired by Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin (numerous viking lines are inspired by that) seems a good thing to be used as a line when he is only holding a chest/affected by horn. Yet all lines (odin, trick or two etc) AND gestir Aaa-ah scream are assigned to voice menu slot "encourage" and can be accesed without carrying a chest/trinket. For other classes there are some lines that can be accesed by encourage command only when carrying a chest/trinket. (Archer camelot for example).
    Concluding, Gestir lacks his line that would be there instead of regular commands when caryring chest/horn, instead he always has "normal" encourage sound files.
    Is this thing meant to be like this? If not, as mentioned above (perhaps not clear enough) my suggestion is to connect "Aaa-ah" file to encourage only when Gestir is carrying a chest/trinket (and, of course if he is than make the "regular" encourage commands not working at the same time).

Yes we are aware, Gestir is simply missing lines for these. I wasn't in the team while the voices were recorded so I'm not sure why. I should forward Bingo Bango the actor himself to this thread.

Beroxardas wrote:

Stupid children, we need to defend

This is a "Defend" line that's not included in the soundscript for some reason. Could add in the next patches.

Beroxardas wrote:

Long scream. Meant for a special?

We tried that out, but the scream is longer than his special, so he ends up yelling at nothing for a moment. Scrapped that.

Beroxardas wrote:

He is in Valhalla now. Pretty cool. Never heard that.

These were supposted to play when player spots a dead teammate corpse, apparently it was scrapped due to problems with tracking ragdolls (we use clientside ragdolls so the corpse position can be different for each player).
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Senior
    I must mention this; There are more than just a crapload of scrapped sounds. You ever noticed how a wounded Heavy Knight just keeps saying "I'm leaking" or something? Well, he has two more.

Besides, I have said this on the Beta Tester thread; We should separate "Sing" from "Encourage", so it's individual.
    Seriously, my teammates kill 5 enemies and it took long and they all survived. I want to CHEER them, NOT SING FOR THEM!

Felis wrote:

Yes we are aware, Gestir is simply missing lines for these. I wasn't in the team while the voices were recorded so I'm not sure why. I should forward Bingo Bango the actor himself to this thread.
    This is a "Defend" line that's not included in the soundscript for some reason. Could add in the next patches.
    We tried that out, but the scream is longer than his special, so he ends up yelling at nothing for a moment. Scrapped that.
    These were supposted to play when player spots a dead teammate corpse, apparently it was scrapped due to problems with tracking ragdolls (we use clientside ragdolls so the corpse position can be different for each player).

Damn man, I knew in my very first days that Gestir was missing soundfiles and all, I should have made the bug reports sooner. Damn!
    Survivors Guilt? More like Players Guilt.

Talking about that scream, it's very cool for it to be scrapped, it shouldn't be scrapped. I know some sound editing, I could try editing it out so it is shortened without it having any "stutter pause" in the sound.
    Colonel, you grant me permission?
    And coders, you wanna try?

And damn, spotting death teammates and calling them out...To be honest, I find that somewhat a bit redundant.
    Imagine going around places where there are many deads, you're alone and there's 4 enemies ready to stomp you, so you try to sneak them in, either to try damaging them and killing them or simply to avoid them. But guess what? "He's in Valhalla now!", they heard you, TIME TO DIE!
    Using it as a command to indicate that somebody died, a bit redundant (not as much as TF2's "Go Right/Left" commands though), could work somehow.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

Well, but what about a Huscarl.
    He got missing lines too. Like "Knights/Pirates got the gold", Taunts (I SHALL CUT OFF YOUR SEA LEGS or I SHALL SPELL TO YOUR GODS (or something) is annoying, when you attack the pirate/knight).
    Vikings is the most poor team in the game. Even Berserker hasn't got his "Pirates/Knights took the gold"