Is there any chance PVKII will ever get a complete steam trading cards system?

kala_captainkala_captain Land Lubber!Beta Tester
edited 11:59PM in PVKII Discussion
I'm talking about the system with badge crafting, card drops, et cetera that Steam has.

I believe when this was discussed in the past people said Valve would not allow it because PVKII is a free game, but so is TF2...

I know it would take a decent amount of work for the artwork in emoticons, cards, badges, and profile back grounds, but beyond that is there really that much more needed?

A while ago there was this post in the steam community page http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=174337345 And I would say that it lays out a good concept for the system, though the emoticons and the backgrounds could use some work.

Is this foreseeable at all for the future?
76561198057001581.png

Comments

• El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    edited 11:59PM
    I believe when this was discussed in the past people said Valve would not allow it because PVKII is a free game, but so is TF2...

I'm not sure if that game has cards, but I know for sure that it went "free to play" about 4 years ago. Back then it was buyable.
    Say, did they finally remove the "Buy an item or you're not premium" bullcrap? The game is pretty much free, but "Pay(buy an item) to get Privileges".

PVKII was, is and will be always free, unlike TF2 which was buyable then became faux-free.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• BrandellBrandell Senior
    edited August 2016
    PVKII hasn't got trading cards because it's completely FREE game.
    To have a steam cards in any F2P game, you must buy or pay for something, like hats in TF2.
    But in PVKII there is no option or shops, so no cards.
    How about add the option "Donate" in store page. Like DLC, but it just gives you inscription near to your nickname and in the scoreboard? And golden statues.

Trading cards can't be added to free games unless they have a virtual economy.
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Why not making a TCG spin-off? That would make much more sense, I say.

76561198031989549.png

Excuse me, but what means TCG? What spin-off?
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Brandell wrote:

Excuse me, but what means TCG? What spin-off?

TCG stands for Trading Card Game. You know, Pokémon, Magic: The Gathering and so on.
    I've only proposed an idea for a PVK-themed card game instead of using Steam Cards. There is no actual spin-off of the mod.

76561198031989549.png

edited August 2016
    The cards would be a really good part of PVKII, but without any economy we can't get them.
    Any suggestions?
    I think we could add something more, than colors for farting parrots. We could add something, that you can get from getting achievements and just playing, and then you can trade it! So it will keep people in the game and stimulates them to play! But not the cases.

Imagine the golden statue of dinah
    edited August 2016
    But, of course, it's only in our dreams.
    I know that the devs want to make completely free game without economy and shop, but you know, it seems that nowadays it is only minus to developers. One optinon "Donate" is insufficient.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    Brandell wrote:

But, of course, it's only in our dreams.
    I know that the devs want to make completely free game without economy and shop, but you know, it seems that nowadays it is only minus to developers. One optinon "Donate" is insufficient.

What makes you think us getting money developing PVKII will make it better?
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

El Negro wrote:

What makes you think us getting money developing PVKII will make it better?

I admit, it was a thoughtless comment.