2D Artist / UI Artist - Popemaster (Keith Pope)

PopemasterPopemaster Captain of the Seven SeasPVKII Team
edited 3:59PM in Team Applications
Greetings!

I'm interested in the 2D Artist position. I love PVK and wish to offer my skills to further it's development. Gaming has always been a big part of my life and designing for games has always been a dream job. Now is my opportunity to start building my portfolio in that area.

I have been a professional graphic designer for around 3 years now, and have always done some form of art since I was young. I graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. I have experience doing a variety of design, mostly web, branding, and print. In my experience, I have built complete websites from scratch in a web builders such as Squarespace and Wordpress, and I have a working knowledge of html and css. I have also completely rebranded clients from start to finish, including: new logo / style / collateral / campaigns / website. With my formal training as an artist, I do my best to use what I've learned to fuse subject matter and style.

Till recently, I have never worked on a game before, and I am excited to meet the challenge and eager to learn all there is to know about the industry. I have been making achievement art for PVK, you can go here to see what I have submitted. My full portfolio is linked below:

application_link_button_pvk_zpsgvo0jbts.jpg

Also here is my LinkedIn. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you

Comments

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited July 2016
    Pirates,_Vikings_and_Knights_II_logo.png

'Ello Kieth!
    Thank you for your contributions to the pvkii community and your application!

We would love to help you expand your portfolio, if you take on the following:
    2D Art - Achievements, Textures, art assets for online/website/promotion/updates etc.
    UI Art - Revamp several ui elements, create assets for menu/hud/inventory/loadouts etc, lead the complete PVKII ui redesign initiative and work with coders (how about that in your portfolio?)

I hope that you enjoy your time with us and help us continue to create our magical worlds and works of art!

We are always welcoming talented 2D/UI artists that stick. Artists that commit to learning and growth. Artists that have asset development in their blood. Artists that love to create like it's a cup of coffee in the morning. Judging by your persistence, commitment and passion to the pvkii community I have no doubt you'll be able to make a lasting impact for years to come.

We use steam as our primary means for teams communication. Let's keep in touch and discuss your applicant's challenge further. We give applicants a "first task" to judge their skills and how they can create content for the game. You will be in touch with our production manager Felis for majority of the challenge and beyond! Here is on steam if you haven't added him already: http://steamcommunity.com/id/felis-catus/

Here is your thread the Applicant's Progress Zone.

Thank you,
    Colonel

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited 3:59PM
    Well that was easy. Popemaster to the team!

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKII Senior
    edited 3:59PM
    Colonel wrote:

Well that was easy. Popemaster to the team!

evangelical_lutheran_black_jesus.jpg

I approve.
    (Thanks Finland)
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog