Trouble with missing skybox textures

kala_captainkala_captain Land Lubber!Beta Tester
edited 1:41AM in Community Maps
Hello all,

I am having some trouble with skyboxes in Hammer. I can place a skybox and I can select the textures I want to use in hammer, but in game they are missing textures. This also seems to happen with water. The only skybox texture that works is the default skybox/sky_day01... texture. I can't seem to find a fix for this, any suggestions?

Sorry if my post was a little clumsy, It is my first time posting to these forums.
76561198057001581.png

Comments

• AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited 1:41AM
    1. Be sure that you're using Hammer from the sdk_base folder;
    2. on Map Properties write the skybox's name, don't add the "skybox/" part in it, since it represents the folder where the textures are located;
    3. If you're doing everything right and the error persists, go to your Steam Library, right click on PVKII, Game Properties > Local Files and click to Verify Integrity of Game Cache. That fix things most of the times;

76561198031989549.png

• kala_captainkala_captain Land Lubber! Beta Tester
    edited 1:41AM
    AGSMA wrote:

1. Be sure that you're using Hammer from the sdk_base folder;
    2. on Map Properties write the skybox's name, don't add the "skybox/" part in it, since it represents the folder where the textures are located;
    3. If you're doing everything right and the error persists, go to your Steam Library, right click on PVKII, Game Properties > Local Files and click to Verify Integrity of Game Cache. That fix things most of the times;

Thank you very much, the second thing fixed it (don't I feel dumb).
    76561198057001581.png