[ACCEPTED]Level Designer - Frank Rell

HurtculesHurtcules PVKII Team, Beta Tester
edited 8:58AM in Team Applications
Hello everyone,

I recently talked to Colonel about joining the team to help work on the maps and create some new ones. I have extensive knowledge on the source engine and I'm just about ready to release my Left 4 Dead 2 campaign which you can find here http://www.frankrell.com/. I just finished school as well so I'm fully available to commit to this project and help out as much as I can. I can also help other departments such as 3d art and code, but I'm still learning on those ends. Let me know if you guys have any questions about what I can offer or anything else.

Thanks,

Frank Rell
http://www.frankrell.com/
Hurtcules - Steam/skype
76561198031204255.png

Comments

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited 8:58AM
    Pirates,_Vikings_and_Knights_II_logo.png

Ahoy Hurtcules!

Thank you for your communication and application.

I am impressed with your portfolio! I really like that you showcase your progress and projects, especially with Source, in a very professional style. I also like your commitment to preparation, details, and knowledge of Source Engine. I feel you more than have what it takes to soon join the pvkii dev team :icon_pirate2:

As you know, you would be able to choose tasks that delight you the most. We would love to help you expand your portfolio, if you take on the following:
    1. Mapping: revamping old/current maps, new maps, etc.

I hope that you enjoy your time with us and help us continue to create our magical worlds and works of art. We are always welcoming talented artists that stick. Artists that commit to grow and become more than they are right now. Artists that have game development in their blood. Artists that love to map like it's a cup of coffee in the morning. To be direct, artists that work with what and who ever they can, support each others portfolio development, and help bring worlds to life! Artists that finish what they start, be it a weapon model, or a task of revamping a map's effects, or finishing that dream map that the game never knew it could have. From you!

As you know, we work on the game in our free time as a project for: our portfolios, our old and new fans, and our the love of the game. We work in a way that fits our schedules. We are very understanding of each others priorities - be it school, work, or other projects.

Let's keep in touch and discuss your applicant's challenge at the appropriate time that is comfortable for you. We give applicants a "first task" to judge their skills and how they can create content for the game. I want to provide you with options, and you can choose what you feel would be the most enjoyable! We use Steam as our primary means for teams communication, as well as skype if necessary.

Here is your thread in the Applicant's Progress Zone.

Thank you and we hope to welcome you aboard soon,
    Colonel

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited May 2016
    Hurtcules has proved time and time again that he has what it takes to be a developer. He has been patient, creative, hardworking, and an excellent team player. He has been able to help us out when we need it, to compile or fix models for us, to join the team in working on the character dismemberment feature, and he shows that he just really gets the dev-and-test cyclical process. Hurk is thorough, he gets stuff done, and has been one hell of a teammate from his application to now. Really he's been one of the best applicants we've ever had!
    Join us in welcoming Hurtcules to the PVKII Team and Octahark Studios.

You've earned it, hurk. The journey has only just begun!

Welcome aboard!

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• edited 8:58AM
    giphy.gif
    “Suppose, in their altruistic passion for justice and order, they had determined to reform the world, but had not realized that they were destroying the soul of man?”
    - Arthur Clarke, Childhood's End