What new features would you guys like to see?

SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of ThingsMembers
edited October 2015 in PVKII Discussion
Hi guys!

After the next update comes out with a slew of updates and bug-fixes, what would you guys like to see?

I mean, aside from new classes that we'll be working on, because come on, I know it's always awesome when a new class rolls around.

I can't guarantee anything will come of it or when, but I would love to see what everybody's thinking.

So here's a poll for the features I've had in mind about adding, and the reason I'm not making it multi-choice is because, well honestly as a player, I'd love to see many things too, so I want to see what you guys would want the most! Edit: Damn you Felis for making me change this... FINE! CHOOSE WHATEVER YOU FREAKING WANT GUYS! Haha.

Feel free to comment on things that you'd love to see.

I would also love to hear your ideas for whatever you choose, so let's hear'em!

I'm sorry that me and my lack of imagination could only think of four things to put in the poll, but that's why I'm asking you! XD

Again, none of this is guaranteed in any way, but they are things that have come up in conversation at times, so why not?
5GY1DFV.png


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
56JtqQq.jpg
kJFRh1a.png
MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz
OS: Windows 10 Technical Preview

«1

Comments

  • MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    edited October 2015
    My favorite choice is, uhm, none of that. :|

    What I would like to see are bots and a tutorial. Two things that new players could use to learn the basics of the game, or help server hosts to fill up a too empty game.

    I guess Mutated Walrus Hamsters also would be nice. Or Mutated Walrus Hamster bot tutorials.
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things Members
    edited October 2015
    MrMoho wrote:

    My favorite choice is, uhm, none of that. :|

    What I would like to see are bots and a tutorial. Two things that new players could use to learn the basics of the game, or help server hosts to fill up a too empty game.

    I guess Mutated Walrushamsters also would be nice.

    Huh, before I became a developer I explored the idea of a full on tutorial with a computer voice kind of Portal-esque. Maybe I could revisit that.

    As for bots, Grogbots have been talked about on the forums here before. Actually it's been something that's been talked about for a long time is a new version of the bots. I don't know if an update including them is coming soon as they still need a fair amount of work, but I agree, bots would be very helpful.

    And if I knew how to make a mutated walrushamster, by God I would sure attempt it.
    5GY1DFV.png


    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

    yP71cHI.gif

    Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz
    OS: Windows 10 Technical Preview

  • Chedda CheezChedda Cheez Senior
    edited October 2015
    I voted Free-for-All / Deathmatch and cooperative modes. Though I also agree with and want working bots, as it's probably the preliminary challenge to setting up the cooperative gamemode as well, albeit with tweaks for whatever ideas that whole thing is working on. I was contemplating writing stories about the PVKII characters fighting various monstrosities, so the idea piques my interest as I can only imagine what we would be cooperating against.
    Welcome to Cheez's PVKII Funtime Class!
    Rule #1: Have fun. [incredulous gasping ripples throughout the room]

    That concludes Funtime Class! We didn't have the funding for a lengthy seminar. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Stop by again for our next lesson: "Heavy Knight's Heaving Heart: How to Write Poetry for Swords!"

    76561197993232256.png
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 9:52PM
    Free-For-All/Deathmatch i don't really like since the game is a Team game, use teamwork, work as a team to complete objectives. Usually if you want Free-For-All/Deathmatch just enable friendly fire and watch the chaos go!. I'd like to see working bots, sometimes you got moments where you wanna play a map but no players are on bots can be able to just fill in the spot, i know the bots might be weak or buggy but atleast you got something to beat up while you're waiting on someone or something usually helps!. Cooperative Gamemodes would be lovely since i do love teamwork it's always fun and it's one of the themes for the game aswell.

    For ideas like for you on your own, maybe try play other games and get inspiration off that. Take a look at features they have and think if it will be something good for PVKII if not maybe attempt it before you judge it or talk it out with someone to see how it goes!. Since i remember roll and kick feature people were easy to judge, no one liked it, once it came into the game people really enjoyed it so simple ideas such as that can really work out. I mean a good example which i noticed is where you said you're working on a thirdperson feature where you just press a key and you're in thirdperson, right away that reminded me of Star Wars Battlefront since you got first person then you can swap to thirdperson anytime you want and i really like how you announced that feels like you took out something from that game and put it into PVKII which is 100% not bad at all. But my point is anything as simple as that can work out for the game!

    Really in the end anything can be good for the game just try talk it out with others, try play other games with others so you may get moments where "Oh hey, this would be a good feature for PVKII" or "This gamemode is really awesome, what if we tried to do it for PVKII?" etc anything can happen :)
  • edited 9:52PM
    I would like to request free refills because this otter be thirsty.
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things Members
    edited 9:52PM
    Combine™ wrote:

    Free-For-All/Deathmatch i don't really like since the game is a Team game, use teamwork, work as a team to complete objectives. Usually if you want Free-For-All/Deathmatch just enable friendly fire and watch the chaos go!. I'd like to see working bots, sometimes you got moments where you wanna play a map but no players are on bots can be able to just fill in the spot, i know the bots might be weak or buggy but atleast you got something to beat up while you're waiting on someone or something usually helps!. Cooperative Gamemodes would be lovely since i do love teamwork it's always fun and it's one of the themes for the game aswell.

    For ideas like for you on your own, maybe try play other games and get inspiration off that. Take a look at features they have and think if it will be something good for PVKII if not maybe attempt it before you judge it or talk it out with someone to see how it goes!. Since i remember roll and kick feature people were easy to judge, no one liked it, once it came into the game people really enjoyed it so simple ideas such as that can really work out. I mean a good example which i noticed is where you said you're working on a thirdperson feature where you just press a key and you're in thirdperson, right away that reminded me of Star Wars Battlefront since you got first person then you can swap to thirdperson anytime you want and i really like how you announced that feels like you took out something from that game and put it into PVKII which is 100% not bad at all. But my point is anything as simple as that can work out for the game!

    Really in the end anything can be good for the game just try talk it out with others, try play other games with others so you may get moments where "Oh hey, this would be a good feature for PVKII" or "This gamemode is really awesome, what if we tried to do it for PVKII?" etc anything can happen :)


    I really appreciate that. I understand where you're coming from with regards to the free for all\DM gamemode too, in talking with others I hear a lot of the same things, and also worries that it's too repetitive of a gamemode. (done to death in every game) Me I'm just sitting here thinking that all the gamemodes are opposing team based, and there's one of two ways to break that cycle and that's either DM, or a completely cooperative gamemode. Which both would be really great, as a matter of fact a cooperative gamemode could give way to a kind of a campaign system like Left 4 Dead, but that's getting too far ahead of myself.

    My inspiration for a FFA gamemode though is based around the idea people like to DM anyway, like you said with FF things get chaotic very fast heheh. It would also give the more competitive players something else to do, as we introduce more things to make the game more accessible, and I get why that can sometimes disappoint some of the players that have been around for years. I dunno maybe it's just me, I grew up with Quake and Duke Nukem where DM was basically THE gamemode.

    Anyway, if it's not something people really want, then I'll step away from the idea, but I'm not gonna lie, I would really love to see it happen.

    You know I wonder if we could do something like Unreal's mutators. Like, heavy class weapons only, ranged weapons only, or something like that, that could be cool give things a different spin. Don't mind me, things randomly pop into my head, and I have no idea if they're good ideas or not XD
    5GY1DFV.png


    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

    yP71cHI.gif

    Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz
    OS: Windows 10 Technical Preview

  • Krizzy MothKrizzy Moth Senior
    edited 9:52PM
    Co-op mode against mythical creatures could be total kick-assery, hell yeah
    k2w8_Xxjo13_Q.jpg
  • edited 9:52PM
    New maps like PVA_Fjord, Viking team fighting a bunch of wolves and the final boss is a Jotunn. Or PVA_Castle as knights, fending off peasants and the final boss is a barbarian with throwing axes(Huscarl), or PVA_Port, Pirates fending off Soldiers with red jackets and <Insert Final boss here>

    I donno it's just a concept, well in my eyes :)
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 9:52PM

    <Insert Final boss here>



    A giant ghost pirate ship spamming cannon shots. Or some sea creature.
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    edited October 2015
    Something that might be interesting:
    A mode where it's only two teams against each other and they're both the same.
    Pirates Vs. Pirates, Knights Vs. Knights, Vikings Vs. Vikings.
    Just imagine a "war" scenario taking place during their respective times:
    Pirates boarding an enemy vessel, Knights laying righteous siege to an enemy castle, or Vikings seeking Valhalla in brutal combat against an enemy clan.
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    edited October 2015

    <Insert Final boss here>



    I37qSdh.jpg


    ?
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things Members
    edited 9:52PM
    Nive wrote:

    Something that might be interesting:
    A mode where it's only two teams against each other and they're both the same.
    Pirates Vs. Pirates, Knights Vs. Knights, Vikings Vs. Vikings.
    Just imagine a "war" scenario taking place during their respective times:
    Pirates boarding an enemy vessel, Knights laying righteous siege to an enemy castle, or Vikings seeking Valhalla in brutal combat against an enemy clan.


    That.. Actually sounds really cool. It's an awesome idea. There would just have to be some better way to distinguish teams. The first thing that comes to mind is like the old red knights vs the current blue ones.
    5GY1DFV.png


    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

    yP71cHI.gif

    Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz
    OS: Windows 10 Technical Preview

  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    edited October 2015
    Palette changes seem to be the obvious choice, but it'd have to be extensive palette swaps.
    Anti-HK can't be mostly bluish silver with some red cloth, his armor would need dyed slightly bronze or look patina'd.
    The Archer's cowl would need to be changed from white to something else. All this and more.
    And if the idea of having female counterparts to every class pulls through, we can have many a battle of the sexes.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    edited October 2015
    Spirrwell wrote:

    That.. Actually sounds really cool. It's an awesome idea. There would just have to be some better way to distinguish teams. The first thing that comes to mind is like the old red knights vs the current blue ones.


    I got an idea for that idea; how about we use fancy palettes a la Medieval II? I can do that myself easily.

    Anyway, I'd say lil' Nive's own idea is nice, a "civil war" against some guys who are the same...But not so, the typical dumb fights humans have been doin' since post-history.

    Some sort of co-op game where we have to fight NPC enemies would be cool too, as Myarr said. Imagine gravedanger and then a bunch of zombies (and those Norse ones...Draugr?) raise up, gotta defend against them.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    edited 9:52PM
    Undead for Hoard Mode (or whatever you'd call it) makes the most thematic sense, it fits with all three teams.
    Though I'd totally love to see a mode where the Pirates are put up against pelagic nightmares like the Deep Ones of Lovecraftian fame.
    Octoshark boss, anyone?
  • jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    edited October 2015
    None of the poll options really interest me. I would like to see some of the following ideas that I had previously posted in the dev forums(Some a long time ago)-

    Perk/Rune System- Each player can choose a rune(a minor bonus) in the class selection screen. Any class can choose any rune. The purpose of this is to introduce variety and make the dynamics of the game that much more interesting. Plus, a lot of people like to geek out about numbers.
    • Strongman - 10% more damage with melee weapons
    • Endurance - Start with 30 extra health
    • Armorer - 60 extra armor
    • Surgeon - Slowly regenerate health
    • Sprinter - Slightly faster movement speed
    • Specialist - Special meter fills up 20% faster
    • Weapon Master - Perfect parries stun enemies for 50% longer
    • Drillmaster - Reload ranged weapons 20% faster, and switch between all weapons 50% faster

    More Unique Weapon Qualities (More Than Just Left Click To Attack And Do X Amount Of Damage)
    • 2H sword could slow/mini stun on a fully powered charge(could help since he is so slow)
    • berserker 2h axe could do more damage if attacking while in air
    • berserker sword/axe could do x percent more damage for each successive attack within y seconds(rewards you for landing all of your attacks).
    • archer crossbow could push people back
    • Captain cutlass could do more damage if he attacks someone whom his parrot has damaged in the last x seconds.
    • Skirmisher pistol could "mark" a target on hit- His first cutlass attack against a marked target within x seconds does double damage. This promotes the pirate stereotype of shooting your gun and then going into melee.

    Unlock Specials
    • Instead of waiting for your special bar to fill up, anyone can do a special at any time, possibly with a small cooldown timer.
    • Obviously the numbers will need to be changed to make this balanced.
    • Specials could have drawbacks like fatigue at the end of a shield bash/spear charge.
    • Alternatively, we could maybe have the special bar go up by itself instead of basing it entirely on damage done

    Make Game More Lethal
    • It takes like 6+ hits to kill someone. Compare this to something like any other FPS where you die in seconds. We should increase ALL weapon damages.
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things Members
    edited 9:52PM
    Not going to lie, you've got some awesome ideas for the game and well laid out. Would significantly change the gameplay though. I would love to try a lot of that all the same.
    5GY1DFV.png


    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

    yP71cHI.gif

    Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz
    OS: Windows 10 Technical Preview

  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited 9:52PM
    jRocket wrote:

    None of the poll options really interest me. I would like to see some of the following ideas that I had previously posted in the dev forums(Some a long time ago)-

    Perk/Rune System- Each player can choose a rune(a minor bonus) in the class selection screen. Any class can choose any rune. The purpose of this is to introduce variety and make the dynamics of the game that much more interesting. Plus, a lot of people like to geek out about numbers.
    • Strongman - 10% more damage with melee weapons
    • Endurance - Start with 30 extra health
    • Armorer - 60 extra armor
    • Surgeon - Slowly regenerate health
    • Sprinter - Slightly faster movement speed
    • Specialist - Special meter fills up 20% faster
    • Weapon Master - Perfect parries stun enemies for 50% longer
    • Drillmaster - Reload ranged weapons 20% faster, and switch between all weapons 50% faster

    More Unique Weapon Qualities (More Than Just Left Click To Attack And Do X Amount Of Damage)
    • 2H sword could slow/mini stun on a fully powered charge(could help since he is so slow)
    • berserker 2h axe could do more damage if attacking while in air
    • berserker sword/axe could do x percent more damage for each successive attack within y seconds(rewards you for landing all of your attacks).
    • archer crossbow could push people back
    • Captain cutlass could do more damage if he attacks someone whom his parrot has damaged in the last x seconds.
    • Skirmisher pistol could "mark" a target on hit- His first cutlass attack against a marked target within x seconds does double damage. This promotes the pirate stereotype of shooting your gun and then going into melee.

    Unlock Specials
    • Instead of waiting for your special bar to fill up, anyone can do a special at any time, possibly with a small cooldown timer.
    • Obviously the numbers will need to be changed to make this balanced.
    • Specials could have drawbacks like fatigue at the end of a shield bash/spear charge.
    • Alternatively, we could maybe have the special bar go up by itself instead of basing it entirely on damage done

    Make Game More Lethal
    • It takes like 6+ hits to kill someone. Compare this to something like any other FPS where you die in seconds. We should increase ALL weapon damages.





    May change the game too drastically (aka brand new game) and increase skill ceiling more than it already is.

    This sounds like PVK1 basically lol the last half.

    Other games are FPS which isn't what PVK2 is primarily of even though there is a ranged component. Game is quite fast and chaotic enough. Giving specials with a CD and killing people that fast just means objective maps are going to be super hellish especially in large maps.

    Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!


    10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

  • Asuka&#9733;ShooterAsuka&#9733;Shooter Beta Tester, Senior
    edited November 2015
    Before I played PVK I played the zombie mode for TF2 a lot (it was the only mode I liked at the time, and it was the version that was in play before 2013, I hated the new version so I stopped playing TF2 cause of it). For those that don't know it was basically everyone in the whole map vs one randomly selected zombie and if the zombie hit people then it would infect others (zombie's only weapons were melee but if it was a scout then it could have the baseball bat and a couple of headshots with that would turn someone into a zombie). And so if the team messed up it would end up with all the zombies vs one guy hahaha. Course it was timer-based.

    Something like that would seem fun, might not be zombies per say in the PVK mode. Could be Berserkers or whatever you guys want, but something that pits the entire map vs something would seem fun.
  • MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    edited November 2015
    @ jRocket

    Giving the Captain's Parrot a bit more then just simply attacking is something I was for since the beginning. Like a slowdown or maybe even a minicrit on the harassed target.

    Otherwise, no. Your suggestions would too drastically change this game I love to something I'd probably hate. As Koko said, it would turn it into a completely different game in which most classes right now, considering their speeds and range, would be horrible unbalanced, requiring something like a triple overhaul before getting somewhat balanced again (and that rune system would make that even harder to do). Not only the classes would need that, but every single map, too.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    edited 9:52PM
    MrMoho wrote:

    @ jRocket

    Giving the Captain's Parrot a bit more then just simply attacking is something I was for since the beginning. Like a slowdown or maybe even a minicrit on the harassed target.

    Otherwise, no. Your suggestions would too drastically change this game I love to something I'd probably hate. As Koko said, it would turn it into a completely different game in which most classes right now, considering their speeds and range, would be horrible unbalanced, requiring something like a triple overhaul before getting somewhat balanced again (and that rune system would make that even harder to do). Not only the classes would need that, but every single map, too.



    A parrot that slows down archers, now that's my Black Cock of Doom for sure!

    jRocket's suggestions look good in a situation where it's for a specific server or servers, having a mod itself that gives you runes and the effects he said himself.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    edited 9:52PM
    The pace of the game is one of my favorite things about it.
    It's action-packed, arcade-y, and fast-paced but not so fast-paced that you die from your first mistake and your lives mean little to nothing.
    I'd hate for damage to be increased towards overkill, dying instantly from a rifle headshot or a few arrows. Yeah, that'd be fun...
  • jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    edited 9:52PM
    The perk system would be just a fun little addition, as would adding some additional effects to weapons. I can see how the other changes would be a lot and change the game too much.

    I should also say that the game doesn't have to be 100% balanced. It's more important that the game be fun.
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited 9:52PM
    Make it sound like the game isn't fun XD

    In the past I think people have preferred some kind of glamor/cosmetic system than complicating the different abilities for weapons (balance reasons and dinah friendly) as a means of progression like how titles/parrot colors are.

    As for Parrot, I'd like to be able to redirect where it goes better which I know has been brought up before by others but other than that it is a nice little hassle tool that can be useful at the right moment especially when closing the gap.

    Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!


    10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    edited 9:52PM
    jRocket wrote:

    I should also say that the game doesn't have to be 100% balanced. It's more important that the game be fun.


    Sorry foo', I just ain't into this goddamn brown note about game balance and game fun. Shouldn't it being fair and fun be at 50% of the weight limit anyway? Really, a "balanced" game is better than a pure 100% just-for-fun *add nasty fruit here* juice.


    In the past I think people have preferred some kind of glamor/cosmetic system than complicating the different abilities for weapons (balance reasons and dinah friendly) as a means of progression like how titles/parrot colors are.


    In which case, all those weapon and player retextures I do might be something worth adding in the game as unlockable fancy, decorative skins and the like. I dislike the idea myself because I'm actually austere, but I'm also stoic so I won't give a damn about it, don't mind seeing my skins there anyway. (And if you wankers want, call me a narcissist and say I'm lying; I DO want the skins in there. Problem is, I guess it is a problem, it's just an opinion.) (AND DON'T DARE MAKING IT BUYABLE BECAUSE I'M GOING TO COPYRIGHT IT AND YOU'LL HAVE TO PAY ME 690% OF THE VALUE!)

    And yeah, I guess my character skins may be...A little unrealistic or so (Darknut is a good example), but my upcoming "Armoured Knights" should be alright.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

  • edited 9:52PM
    One of the ideas I've had on my current PVK binge is having different variations for each character model that is chosen at random upon spawn.

    I think the default models are great. And the base silouettes should remain the same. But it would be interesting to see multiple people play the same class but have subtle differences between them.


    And ofcouse,
    3 checkboxes for enabling and disabling announcers.
    Jaldaboath? Cool!
    Alestorm? Awesome!
    Nasal victory roar? Nope.

    I think most of the viking announcer lines should be a direct reference to the old viking voice commands.
  • shayologoshayologo Senior
    edited 9:52PM
    What about devellope dragon map?
  • BagasBagas Senior
    edited 9:52PM
    Omg yeess! Haven't played the dragon map in a very long time. It was my favourite map 😭
    FZkBmH.jpg
  • cainsithcainsith Beta Tester
    edited 9:52PM
    In regards to the main post. I'd like to have the old voices back for nostalgia reasons, or you could just have an alternate voice pack using the new voice actors for the old sounds. That way they can still be differentiated between characters and would be nostalgic ;p

    In regards to the deathmatch mode:

    If there was a deathmatch mode enabled I would like it to be a gamemode where you would by default not need to join any team but could pick any class from the get go and not have a need for friendly fire because everyone is on their own and not considered part of a team. This would get rid of any team balance issues as it's every man for himself.

    Things i'd like to personally see implemented

    The things i've mentioned as above.

    The ability to disable specials on servers via console command if not already implemented (could be useful for specific skill only servers featuring Manual Parry, FF and no specials etc, just adding another way to play the game)

    Different specials for every class. I dont know about you guys but I never really liked the MAA special. It's too silly and changed pvk from a more serious game with comedic undertones via taunts and voice acting to over the edge silly. I personally liked the halberd slam a lot better if we could have gotten it to work like we wanted. But back on topic, i'd like to see more specials for each class as it would immensely changeup the game and how it's played. Lots of brainstorming would be required for said new specials.

    The ability to still use your weapon after your shield breaks: This I want a lot as it would allow a mixup in how you play, HK's could potentially tackle faster classes with their faster shortsword though they would be giving up more damage. Though this idea would be difficult to implement due to not only animations, but how we would get the sword to switch to being it's own weapon without the shield and being able to make it parry is a tough challenge in itself.

    And possibly some others I might add to the list when i'm not tired and think more.
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    edited 9:52PM
    I would love to see workshop support and more customization for each class (weapons, skins, etc).

    badass.jpg

Sign In or Register to comment.