Corvalho's Dev Journal

Comments

• AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited 10:30PM
    Magnificent job, Corvo. That pic alone makes me excited to see Archer and Bondi armies throwing arrow walls against each others.

76561198031989549.png

• NiveNive Beta Tester
    Woof! I feel like I just got punched in the stomach by sheer amazement. That is one sexy as fridge bow!
    Now to see what Kanine whips up to replace the Archer's shoddy twig of a bow. He will do it justice, verily.
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    Damn son, top work!
  • jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    The ealer looks great!

Just a thought- What if she was born a man and when you texture she has a little bit of facial hair?
  • MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    jRocket wrote:

Just a thought- What if she was born a man and when you texture she has a little bit of facial hair?

I'm pretty sure we have the Archer for that sort of oddity already.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Senior
    jRocket wrote:

The ealer looks great!

Being born a woman who was educated to somehow act like a man makes you have a little bit of facial hair?
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• CorvalhoCorvalho PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Here's some more!
    Some more bondilicious weaponry, this time his knife. As always feedback is apreciated.

renato-corvalho-seax.jpg

Marmoset Viewer:

8cd42dd414.jpg
  • MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    Looks amazing as always! Though I am confused about the size. Considering the scabbard I'd guess it's the size of a forearm (at most).
  • Pache94Pache94 Donald Thumb Beta Tester
    Looking SEAXY!

what does it say on the knife?
    king_k__rool_by_biel12-d3f0vny.gif
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    The attention to detail in this is amazing, good work! Cant wait to see it in game.
    Pache94 wrote:

Looking SEAXY!

No idea, probably something bad about my mom, I just followed the original concept blindly.

Let's check the totally reliable random google result rune dictionary:

tumblr_m6m6qdCZdp1rziw5bo1_500.jpg
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    "thfld"?
    mEtxJiK.png
  • MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    I googled what is written on the knife and came up with a german aircraft noise service.
  • Xxcrazy-monkeyxXXxcrazy-monkeyxX Beta Tester, Senior
    My monkey ass is burning put some lotion NOW!

Its getting hot in here!!!
    giphy.gif
    edited September 2015
    Il just change this then lol but really looking great.

Love the detail on the bow and the knife.
    giphy.gif
    Quick question how do you delete a post? :3
    giphy.gif
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    Haha, I've done that, in this exact same post.
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Gaaawd daaayum

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    edited September 2015
    Nice job with the models Corvalho.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Senior
    I like how you make the textures on the steel, you can easily see it's not "stoney" or whatever, but it sure wasn't made to be smooth and beautiful.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• HarHar Senior
    edited September 2015
    Pache94 wrote:

Looking SEAXY!

Thfld :D

Very nice bow and seax :D
  • BobSneiderBobSneider Senior
    This is so awesome! The Runes make a nice touch, but where did you get the inspiration for the bowgrip. The feathers sticking out looks really cool.
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    edited September 2015
    Not sure if this is really relevant for here, but are there any Bondi voices lines recorded yet, and if so can we find them anywhere?
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    And btw do you have any stats concerning his ammo count and health and armour numbers?
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Beta Tester
    Jon wrote:

And btw do you have any stats concerning his ammo count and health and armour numbers?

None as of yet because it can always be changing during testing. Most of the focus at this time is on the upcoming patch.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• HaxxHaxx Senior
    The hype is real :icon_viking2:
    edited October 2015
    Hey folks, just a quick update, I've been working o the Bondi's first person arms, this is what I have so far

2_38.jpg

1_65.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, I've used sharpie's hands as a base to sculpt, (assuming having the same position would make it easier for rigging and stuff) and added upper arms, I figued those would be needed since he is an archer.
    I've also added this Fenrir bracelet, it was suggested some time ago, tbh I can't really remember who suggested it (sorry). It only appears on the first person arms, so I guess it's your call if I should keep it there or remove it for consistency's sake I guess. Anyway, let me know what you guys think.
  • edited 10:30PM
    The Bondi models and textures look overall better than all the other characters', surely he won't stand out very much from the rest due to quality? Even the voice, if it's nicely recorded, the other characters may need some tweaking and reworkings. It's like hearing a sound from a 2001 TV show in a triple A game.
  • Chedda CheezChedda Cheez Senior
    I really like the bracelet, even if it won't show on the the third person model.
    Just some extra bling to gawk at while I flick arrows into the horizon.
    Welcome to Cheez's PVKII Funtime Class!
    Rule #1: Have fun. [incredulous gasping ripples throughout the room]

That concludes Funtime Class! We didn't have the funding for a lengthy seminar. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Stop by again for our next lesson: "Heavy Knight's Heaving Heart: How to Write Poetry for Swords!"

76561197993232256.png
  • edited October 2015

I really like the bracelet, even if it won't show on the the third person model.
    Just some extra bling to gawk at while I flick arrows into the horizon.

I agree, it's not wrong for the classes to have a bit of "extra flare" here and there, because I feel that adds to their character more (like the Captain's golden anchor necklace and the Archer's two...uh...coin purses?). I'm sure you'd see the bracelet more if the Bondi equipped his knife and did some sort of animation where he twists his wrist when he looks at his knife. Plus, it would be too meticulous to be an unlockable, so I'd say keep it. The design reminds me of the classic special bar!
    Also Corvalho, I like how you made Bondi's hands look "callused and scratched" from all that experience of plucking arrows or chucking javelins while bare-handed. Adding the upper arms was also a good call, as the Bondi would extend his arm when throwing a javelin.
    Keep up the astounding work!
    “Suppose, in their altruistic passion for justice and order, they had determined to reform the world, but had not realized that they were destroying the soul of man?”
    - Arthur Clarke, Childhood's End