Programming - Geuten Louis

oryginorygin PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
Hello

My name's Louis and Colonel asked me on steam if I'd be interested in applying for a programming position inside the PVKII team. I'm quite interested so here's a few project I've worked on.
One of the biggest is Bisounours Party. I started as a beta tester and when the mod died after its first release, I took over the project, ported it to the OB engine and added a bunch of features. I got to touch and work extensively with nearly every part of the Source engine as the sole programmer and overall dev. I had help from an original dev for level design and gamemode design.
While working on BP I made a prototype for steamworks like features for non steam games (achievements, stats, updates). After finishing the version 5 of BP I rewrote the system and made it its own library which I released the first alpha last month. The project is called Nebuleuse.
I also participated in two games jams, where I first used Unity (learning by doing!). Here's the presentation(in french) we made after the 24hours of dev (with no artist). And here's the one for the GGJ (in english).

Overall I'm familiar working in C/C++, Go, JS and Node, C# and Python. I'm familiar with frontend and backend dev, automating parts of the dev cycle, building that damn source linux servers. A lot of my project, including BP, Nebuleuse, and others less interesting ones are on Github.

I have mainly worked alone but I'm confident I can adapt to the workflow with a bigger team like the PVKII. However I just started my second year in Computer Science and I know I'll have a heavier workload than last year. So I'm willing to work on this but my school projects will go first.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    edited 3:50PM
    Damn, this French revolution is really paying off haha!
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited 3:50PM
    Pirates,_Vikings_and_Knights_II_logo.png

Ahoy Ther' Orygin aka Louis! :icon_pirate2:

Thank you for your interest and application!

I hope that you enjoy your time with us and help us continue to expand the depth of our magical worlds and works of art.

We use steam as our primary means for teams communication. Let's keep in touch and discuss your applicant's challenge further. We give applicants a "first task" to judge their skills and how they can create content for the game.

Here is your thread the Applicant's Progress Zone.

:icon_grog:,
    Colonel

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer