About the "Berserker" article

El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane PersonGuests
edited August 2018 in Official Wiki
Memes, a very very few are good, this one is an old piece of shit.

Some faggot joke about Cock Norris.

I like how you like it CrazyTalk, it proves that you're one very boring dumbass to be with.
I make mods.
Your soul cannot be saved.
Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

Comments

• Links121995Links121995 Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited July 2015
    The overview referenced Chuck Norris when I got there. Initially it read:

PVKII Wiki wrote:
    Berserkers are the Chuck Norris type characters of this game. They have very high health but not that much armor, but what do you expect? They fight shirtless. These lunatics shine in melee fights, with a very powerful axe and pretty high speed, they can dominate battlefield. Although they have no shield or ranged weapons, their sword and axe combo usually makes archers just a good dinner for them. Nobody likes raging berserker, specially if you are on the opposite team. Berserkers battle cry is usually the last thing you hear if you are nearby. They are also sometimes referred to as "doggies".

Then I came along and edited the content with the intention of streamlining, condensing, and compacting it, while also retaining the information, style, and jokes already present.

PVKII Wiki wrote:
    Probably a distant ancestor of Chuck Norris, they have exceptional health, but because of their huge muscles are unable to wear either shirts or armor. If you're not on their side, their howling battle-cries will be the last thing you hear.

These lunatics shine in melee fights, with a powerful axe and furiously high speed, they dominate battlefield. Although they have no shield or ranged weapons, their sword and axe combo usually butchers ranged classes into bite-size pieces.

Seeing it here and now I feel that it needs a few semi-colons, but it flows better. It retains and plays up the Chuck Norris reference, shows their toughness instead of mentioning their health statistic; provides a manly reason for their power, shirtlessness, and lack of armor; plays up their weapons, and retains the character-building terms "howling" and "lunatic" while adding new terms such as "furiously "butcher" and "bite-size".

Each of your additions undermines your apparent intentions. The reference to Chuck Norris was not to draw attention to the man you mention in your post, but rather to an idea of manliness that the Berserker most certainly embodies. The sort of manliness that could stand up to a bullet and win. It's also supposed to be funny.
    Audie Murphy... Killed Nazis. The Berserker hasn't killed a Nazi in his life, and the reference isn't funny. If the data gathered by Google is anything to go by, relatively few people even know who Audie Murphy is, so the reference would be completely lost on most people.

The "(or just a show of manliness)" bit interferes because if it's not a show of manliness, his bare-chestedness is simply pure manliness and the line is redundant, but if it were just a show of manliness, then it's merely a show and not an effect of manliness, which makes the Berserker seem less manly.

Finally, "Now, we all know Lone Wolves are dangerous, but ever dare facing a pack of wolves?" is not only slightly sub-par English, but it diminishes the manliness of the Berserker as a character, instead drawing attention to the characteristics of a group and contributes nothing to the description of the Berserker as a character or as a class. Its implications are easy enough to figure out with the information already provided, it breaks convention, and sticks out.

I'd like to get some other opinions before I change anything back.
    8gQi4T5.png
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    edited 8:45PM
    I like the Chuck Norris reference.

badass.jpg

• El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests

Seeing it here and now I feel that it needs a few semi-colons, but it flows better. It retains and plays up the Chuck Norris reference, shows their toughness instead of mentioning their health statistic; provides a manly reason for their power, shirtlessness, and lack of armor; plays up their weapons, and retains the character-building terms "howling" and "lunatic" while adding new terms such as "furiously "butcher" and "bite-size".

There's one slight problem; the fact that somebody considers Chuck Norris manly is actually an opinion, so "manly reason" isn't that much of a reason. Also, I don't get the last, are you saying that Chucky howls and is a lunatic? I can only agree with him being a lunatic, but then you'd have to be a big atheist or something.

Each of your additions undermines your apparent intentions. The reference to Chuck Norris was not to draw attention to the man you mention in your post, but rather to an idea of manliness that the Berserker most certainly embodies. The sort of manliness that could stand up to a bullet and win. It's also supposed to be funny.

That doesn't seem to make sense. "stand up to a bullet and win", Chucky is not like that, and knowing you said that it mentions "an idea of manliness", then you can mention any guy considered manly. And in this case, mentioning Arnold Schwarzenegger makes sense now because he's an action figure and is considered manly...At least in the movies. Besides, he's Austrian, which doesn't make him a Viking but his accent will confuse people into thinking it is + at least Austria is close to the Scandinavian Peninsula.

Man, I thought you guys put Chuck Norris for a reason, but it seems that you just put it as a "symbol". What the hell? Makes me hate it even more.

Audie Murphy... Killed Nazis. The Berserker hasn't killed a Nazi in his life, and the reference isn't funny. If the data gathered by Google is anything to go by, relatively few people even know who Audie Murphy is, so the reference would be completely lost on most people.

Sure, I can understand how relating him to Audie Murphy might be stupid too, but then, did Chuck Norris ever kill anyone?
    Okay, maybe not at all, but in movies I guess he did, except...He never killed Pirates, Vikings or Knights...Did he? We are taking Chucky as a symbol here, why can't be with Audie Murphy too then?
    Also, "and the reference isn't funny", are you implying that Chuck Norris is funny? How? He's just a mostly bare-chested guy full of bad jokes made by many other people who knows martial arts but doesn't shout like there's no tomorrow, he's no Blood Knight or Boisterous Bruiser, he's no joker either, that is unless you think his ideas are stupidly funny, but then that's another thing, opinion-based by itself.

If one of your answers is gonna be "Same with Arnold Schwarzenegger", then hot damn we're in a fencing swordplay.

And yes, I guess I wanted people to learn a little history, but if everyone just wants a "funny reference", alright then.
    I was merely trying to find somebody who could somehow fit the Berserker. Audie Murphy may not be one, because, he's realistically and practically manly but in view he looks like a little sad ant, still, he goes on an extreme berserk, isn't that how the Berserker goes? "Looks don't matter" stuff? Kills a lot of goddamn people, Nazis or not?

The "(or just a show of manliness)" bit interferes because if it's not a show of manliness, his bare-chestedness is simply pure manliness and the line is redundant, but if it were just a show of manliness, then it's merely a show and not an effect of manliness, which makes the Berserker seem less manly.

I could say the same about Chuck Norris and Arnold Schwarzenegger. "his bare-chestedness is simply pure manliness" feels like a fallacy. To be honest, I'm not sure if we are referring to just the Berserker and the game here, but also to real life by itself, and even opinions. Because if it's everything in general, I should go bare-chested, but then people get mad at that. Am I too manly? They say it's just me being nasty, unrespectful, perverted and all that fecal matter.

It doesn't make him less manly, how so exactly? All guys who try to be manly TRY to be manly, even manly guys. Why? Because it has been proven, you showing off as a powerful guy makes you more calm. You see some muscular guy who pretty much puts his shoulders very close and tries to hug himself and think that's manly ain't too right.

Actually to hell with it, let's change it to "(because he's too manly for a shirt/armour)". No wait, you said it's redundant, let's remove it.

Now just a personal question for you, Links, if the Berserker was wearing armour, what would be your opinion? Manly, less manly, "why armour"? I'm just curious.

Finally, "Now, we all know Lone Wolves are dangerous, but ever dare facing a pack of wolves?" is not only slightly sub-par English, but it diminishes the manliness of the Berserker as a character, instead drawing attention to the characteristics of a group and contributes nothing to the description of the Berserker as a character or as a class. Its implications are easy enough to figure out with the information already provided, it breaks convention, and sticks out.

"not only slightly sub-par English", if my English is terrible, please say it so in the most rudest/meanest way you can and then show me why it is. I get a lot more unreasonably mad at..."fancy gentlemanlish"..."Insults"...Like those than from a direct attack in which I then get a good reason why it is, with proofs and all. You get what I mean? (Besides, I saw you make an "amd" typo, revenge revenge)

And yeah well, I don't even get what you really mean. I can understand it as you saying that a "pack of wolves" are dangerous, but then that means that it's a group, and a group fighting another group or a guy is not manly. A guy fighting a guy is manly, a guy fighting a group is manly, but change the first guy to group and he's not manly. Okay, that makes sense, but then...PVKII is not about lone wolving, right? I mean, maybe it is if you're a badass player or you play DM but that doesn't seem somehow fair.

The whole implication was that, Berserker could be a lone wolf, but then there could be more than one, and it's nearly always like that. Yes more than one Berserker. Now, pack of wolves, why is that? Imagine all the berserkers going rampage. When Berserker uses his special, he makes a wolf howl. But seeing the way you see it, seems that I failed and I misunderstood the human creature as somebody who can understand easily, but no, he misunderstands better, and I know that but forgot.

Either we keep that stupid Chuck Norris reference, change it to Arnold Schwarzenegger or just simply remove it. I bet it's the keep because nobody likes me. OOPS I put a "nobody likes me...please secretly vote for me " text.
    I make mods.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com

• AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited July 2015
    It's not that every single piece of medium made nowadays references a tough guy from the 1980s' pop culture in both subtile or less subtile ways. Maybe it's just me, though.

76561198031989549.png

AGSMA wrote:

It's not that every single piece of medium made nowadays references a tough guy from the 1980s' pop culture in both subtile or less subtile ways. Maybe it's just me, though.

You mean "subtle"? From every place I go there's a Chuck Norris reference and I'm getting tired of that. His movies even suck.
    I make mods.

edited July 2015
    English isn't my mother language, and typos can happen to anyone.
    Second, why bothering with such insignificant thing as a reference to Chuck Norris? If you dislike the reference then good for you, say that you don't like it, but why forcing an edit of it? I also hate Chuck Norris jokes and whoever likes those jokes and never saw a Chuck Norris film is an idiot, however I don't mind this one in particular because it doesn't force you to know that for some reason a viking is Chuck Norris' ancestor. For example, I dislike how many achievements use stick figures for the thumbnails, but at least I understand why they make such uncreative drawings, because A - the time and effort put in this mod by the time achievements were introduced didn't make the dev team bothering with making thumbnails rich in detail, and B - even with nine characters available, how can you put more than one character in a tiny image file and having space for details that differenciate one character from another? With all things considered I can live up with this nuisance.
    There's nothing wrong in suggesting a change in something, but feeling outraged by it is nonsensical in a community where most members are responsible and polite adults.

76561198031989549.png

I'm not sure if I'm terrible at expressing or I just didn't express at all, I think it's the first.

I'm upset about the Chuck Norris reference because of how it seems to try being funny when it's not at all. "Probably a distant ancestor of Chuck Norris", yeah great, haha. And if it's not trying to be funny, it's trying to refer to a "tough guy". But I guess we can't refer to a REAL tough guy who probably really got Viking descendants because, nobody really cares, right?

Guess I'm the only bastard here who wants something to be more "historically accurate", not pinpoint, but at least enough to..."Educate" people.

Is there actually anything that makes Chucky a Viking? That's what really grinds my gears with no oil.
    I make mods.

El Negro wrote:

something to be more "historically accurate"

I don't think turning a video game mod with three different time periods mixed together into something historically accurate seems possible, but okay.

76561198031989549.png

• CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    Chuck Norris became an internet meme that symbolizes manliness.

Using him on the wiki page is a pop-culture nod that gets the point across way better than someone nobody's heard of, regardless of historical accuracy.

badass.jpg

Crazytalk wrote:

Chuck Norris became an internet meme that symbolizes manliness.

Using him on the wiki page is a pop-culture nod that gets the point across way better than someone nobody's heard of, regardless of historical accuracy.

I don't think there's a single "Gaming Community" that doesn't use any meme at all (internet or not) so I shouldn't be impressed. Nothing I can do.

I voluntarily end this thread.
    I make mods.