Two Suggestions That Related to the Donators

MoshMosh Senior
edited 8:19AM in Suggestions
The main reason that people aren't donating money to the game is that it doesn't worth it.
You are donating 10$ or more to the game (which could be a lot to some people with paypal) and you're only getting a game-title next to your name on the scoreboard, which doesn't really worth it.

I think that donators could get more than that, then, when there will be to the Donators more features, people will understand that donating to the game pays.

Some examples for the features:
-People that you were killed will turn to silver or platinum. (Similar to the beta testers)
-Special color for what that you're writing in chat. (Like gold)
-Chat title and not only game-title on the scoreboard (next to your name in chat there will be the title: [Supporter])
-And more!

Those features will make donators to become more specials.

If you dont agree with my suggestion because you think it buffs donators or from other reasons then:
I suggest to be able to donate less and still get that game-title because lets be honest, as I wrote, it doesn't really worth to donate 10$ for that, maybe 5$ if you really love the game and want to help it.

Comments

• Black BellamyBlack Bellamy Senior
    edited February 2014
    TBH i think pvkii should just be for sale not f2p becose since the devs dont make any money on the game there is no real motivation there witch is why we dont get updates often becose the game is more of a hobby
    "Everything with a beginning has an end"
  • MoshMosh Senior
    edited 8:19AM

TBH i think pvkii should just be for sale not f2p becose since the devs dont make any money on the game there is no real motivation there witch is why we dont get updates often becose the game is more of a hobby

Kinda true, its rare to see a donator in game (I only seen 2-3 maybe) and this game is so good it should become for sale.
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    Well personally, i believe you should be donating because you want to help them, not because you want to be special a snowflake.

As with all things in life, you should help people to do good, and promote positive vibrations...not for gifts.

Just my personal take on the matter.
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    I don't know if they have the rights to PVK, so I doubt that they can sell it. But yes, I agree with Boxxu. Donator perks would be nice, but it should be to help them.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• rbx775rbx775 Land Lubber! PVKII Team, Applicant
    edited February 2014
    What boxxu said. :)

Reading "donation" and "worth" in this context leaves me with the impression that you have a misconception of donations in general. ^^
    But I guess thats the new kickstarter / indiegogo generation. They somehow revolutionized the thought behind donating. :D

Well, in general I like your idea about adding more "perks" so octoshark gets some money.
    Maybe some additional titles to go with your name too. Like "the generous" or something. :)

Edit:

"the special snowflake"
    ;p
    76561198011294480.png
    rbx775 wrote:

What boxxu said. :)

Reading "donation" and "worth" in this context leaves me with the impression that you have a misconception of donations in general. ^^
    But I guess thats the new kickstarter / indiegogo generation. They somehow revolutionized the thought behind donating. :D

Well, in general I like your idea about adding more "perks" so octoshark gets some money.
    Maybe some additional titles to go with your name too. Like "the generous" or something. :)

Edit:

"the special snowflake"
    ;p

tumblr_lwq98aDP3j1qzgmug.jpg

you made me laugh so much....woudl be hilarious to see that as a title xD
  • Lacquer HeadLacquer Head Members, Senior
    rbx775 wrote:

This.
    1fi6wm.png
  • SoloableSoloable Senior
    edited February 2014
    I just cannot donate to a game that has very few people playing, and all servers make my ping above 100 ms, which is considerably laggy. Not to mention the game is running on the HL2 Engine, which is sort of dated now in terms of engines for games. Its a shame, I'd love to see this game with a kickstarter similar to King Come: Deliverence.

I sort of feel sorry for the PVK team, they have built a lot of fans around their games. Sure, look at Zeq2Lite, it was a Dragonball Z game made by a company similar to the PVK team, the only difference is, much more people want to play it than PVK since its very popular. I don't know a lot about how game companies work though. :icon_grog:

Maybe its time the DEV's work on something bigger than PVK after the Man At Arms is released?
  • Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    Well I donated, it isn't hard. As with this game and many other sourcemods always remember... THIS IS FREE
    We should really appreciate the hard work the devs are doing, and look at the tidal wave of new dev applications, all of them seem to be awesome.

If the devs move on after Pvkii, I will follow Octoshark, and eagerly await their next production!
    “I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall
  • Dr. ODr. O Minister of Roggen Senior
    I thought you would donate if you want to help the devs in making the game so that it becomes better rather than getting super-special-in-game titles/tags. Who cares about those anyway?
    PVKII Server: The House of Dr. O
    --friendly fire
    --manual block

My maps/plugins:
    te_sahara_b1 : http://pvkii.gameban...com/maps/184372
    Weddings: http://forums.allied...ad.php?t=221933

15:55 - Sir Whiskeyngton: well you're the minister of roggen
    15:55 - Sir Whiskeyngton: you'd just be doing your job
    15:56 - Sir Whiskeyngton: I need to send an army of monks to the enemy
    15:56 - Sir Whiskeyngton: since I'm the minister of propaganda

5:22 PM - Felis catus: QSBtYW4gY2hvb3NlcywgYSBzbGF2ZSBvYmV5cywgQWxsIHdvcmsgYW5kIG5vIHBsYXkgbWFrZXMgU2lyIFdoaXNrZXluZ3RvbiBhIGR1bGwgYm95Lg==
    5:22 PM - Felis catus: base64
    5:23 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: nab
    5:23 PM - Felis catus: dr o could translate that without a decoder
    5:23 PM - Felis catus: he is a wizard
    5:23 PM - Felis catus: he actually programmed roggen
    5:24 PM - Felis catus: he programmed the world
    5:24 PM - Felis catus: how it behaves
    5:24 PM - Felis catus: dr o is god
    5:24 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: lol
    5:24 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: you forgot the first commandment
    5:25 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: 1. Thou shalt have no gods; thou shalt only have Budnab.
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: dr o made him
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: dr o defined the gods
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: dr o did everything
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: he is the god

b-but muh d-donation privlidges. But muh f-freedoms.
  • BadGuyBadGuy Senior
    edited March 2014
    I clocked around 500ish hours in Pvk2, so I donated. (Edit: More like 1000, lol, after pvk2 went Steam, I collected 332 hours, no data on previous usage, but I played it for years at that point)

Donating to a free software is not to get something in return, it is to show that you value the work that went into creating said software.

Sadly, most people take free things for granted and will not donate unless there is a very thick silver lining.
    "if you lived near me I would've drowned you in a bucket of your mothers blood" - Wolfy Snackrib
    QUOTE (Sven Svennson @ Mar 9 2010, 04:12 AM) »
    Maybe I need a break from PVK.