Mosh Pit Gamemode Suggestion

SoloableSoloable Senior
edited 2:59AM in Suggestions
A strange yet interesting request

Mosh Pit is basically a Free for All gamemode where Everybody is against each other on a Last Man standing concept

What happens each round in Mosh Pit, is players are randomly switched between all classes, and the person with the most points at the end of the round wins.

This idea is intended just for a Fun gamemode that people can go in and just basically go crazy :L.

I can't imagine how enjoyable it would be to have 15 players all killing each other to see who the last man standing is.
Also ranged classes will be not allowed because its no fun having a ranged class in a Mosh Pit >_>

But here, since I enjoy listing things, let me list what it would include:
  • Free For All Game mode, no teams, just you
  • Constanting switching of what class you and the other people play each round
  • Last man standing, whoever is alive at the end of the round gets can added bonus to their score, and the person with the highest score will win ( This will stop people from camping and waiting until the end of the round, since its based on score, not how long you last )
  • Maps ( Arena, Gravedanger )
  • You can only be Melee Classes ( Archer / Sharpshooter ) not allowed.

What do you think guys? Would you enjoy this? I certainly would ;p

Comments

• simiussimius Senior
    edited 2:59AM
    Sounds nice but I would stick to last team standing - or last man standing in this case. Kill steals would be too strong and point win doesnt work as well without respawn I reckon.
  • SoloableSoloable Senior
    edited August 2013
    simius wrote:

Sounds nice but I would stick to last team standing - or last man standing in this case. Kill steals would be too strong and point win doesnt work as well without respawn I reckon.

That was what I was originally going for, however I feel as if players would camp and wait until most players are dead then come out and win. However since every player is against each other, they might not even have any room to camp :L, on maps such as Arena and Gravedanger
  • simiussimius Senior
    It probably would cause the player to play fairly passive, yes. But I feel like you have more influence on whether you get killed or damaged than getting kills. Another option could be to count the dmg you've done over the round. That would change things around quite a bit and the classes might get unbalanced. It could work though as another option.
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    i like the idea, i have suggestion that at the beggining of the round though, the player gets to choose between 2 randomly selected classes. just so the palyer feels liek they have some control.
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    So it's like LTS but with DM and randomized classes. The idea is that all players are thrown in(what I'm assuming is) a tight spot and battle occurs just seconds on a round start? I'd probably reckon a keg would be more annoying than ranged classes in such a circumstance.

Not sure it'd win my favor, I'd probably want to have an official DM/TDM gamemode along the trinket wars maps instead for a free for all gamemode. Would help players get faster acquainted with classes without having to worry about objectives or waiting too long to respawn.

Though I think I would more than likely try moshpit it out were it to ever come available. Perhaps it'd be better if everyone became the same class though, because if people become skirmishers, who rely on maneuvering, in a big group of hk's and huscarls, they'd be the first to go. So the game announces at round-end what the next random class will be, and everyone will be that class, and I believe when everyone becomes the same class I think it's okay to include ranged classes as well, since everyone's on equal grounds, and moshpit is, what I'm presuming, intended to have everyone fighting in the same place at the same time?

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• SoloableSoloable Senior
    Denshin wrote:

So it's like LTS but with DM and randomized classes. The idea is that all players are thrown in(what I'm assuming is) a tight spot and battle occurs just seconds on a round start? I'd probably reckon a keg would be more annoying than ranged classes in such a circumstance.

Not sure it'd win my favor, I'd probably want to have an official DM/TDM gamemode along the trinket wars maps instead for a free for all gamemode. Would help players get faster acquainted with classes without having to worry about objectives or waiting too long to respawn.

Though I think I would more than likely try moshpit it out were it to ever come available. Perhaps it'd be better if everyone became the same class though, because if people become skirmishers, who rely on maneuvering, in a big group of hk's and huscarls, they'd be the first to go. So the game announces at round-end what the next random class will be, and everyone will be that class, and I believe when everyone becomes the same class I think it's okay to include ranged classes as well, since everyone's on equal grounds, and moshpit is, what I'm presuming, intended to have everyone fighting in the same place at the same time?

I really like your idea actually, everyone being the same class would balance it out imo and would actually be sort of fun,
    I can imagine a Captain with birds everywhere ;p and 15 berserkers fighting each other

And yes, everyone is thrown in as the same class, and fight at the same time