Pirate VS Knight in real life

2»

Comments

• lillemakkenlillemakken Senior, senior
    edited 5:46AM
    As far as thrusting a sword head on into a cuirass, check out the video below

According to pvkii.com/forums,
    - Reaching enemies beyond your weapon model isn't a problem(you're just bad at dodging!)
    - Archer isn't overpowered
    - Higher post count is equivalent to higher skill, experience and knowledge in-game
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    edited July 2013

As far as thrusting a sword head on into a cuirass, check out the video below

keep in mind, that was a straight sword so their was more force behind it, plus he was using 2 hands, and extremely close, and still only went "about an inch" lol. like i said, no way a cutlass would puncture any steel armor.
  • yushyush Senior
    There was a topic on Chivalry forum, where discussion was about knights, their mobility, armor, steel that armor was molded from, their strenghts and weaknesses. And without any further details, now i can say for sure - 5 pirates, even with blunderbusses, muskets, even with bombs, would have NO CHANCE against 5 fully equipped knights from 14 - 16 th century knight. Alas, if there were 11-12th century knights, there could be a chance for pirates.

But we are not taking under consideration one major factor - the environment. If there would be fight on ship, probably more mobile pirate would overwhelm knight. If on open field, pirates have no arguments against fully - armored knight.

If anyone is interested, i can try to find the "knights" topic on Chivalry forum.
  • Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    Goodness gracious me, now THAT'S a discussion.

Well at least this discussion has more facts in it than 3 seasons of "Deadliest Warrior"
    “I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall
  • yushyush Senior
    Oh, and as i can't edit - those armors You see above has nothing to do with those from medieval times :)
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    Dr.Cleric wrote:

Goodness gracious me, now THAT'S a discussion.

Well at least this discussion has more facts in it than 3 seasons of "Deadliest Warrior"

hahahahahaha. yeah, i watch the show to have fun, but it really is bullshirley.