Clear and Precise Suggestion

OcelotOcelot Senior
edited May 2013 in Suggestions
to clarify my cryptic thread that got locked for "containing no suggestion"

ill make it clear and titled for yah




*SUGGESTION*


I suggest listening to people in this Forum section/on the team

or

DELETE THIS SECTION OF THE FORUM


*SUGGESTION*



this whole section of the forum is more 'useless' as you say, than my first thread

but thank you for locking it making it even more apparant for peoples eyes!

im just glad the right people read it
My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif

Comments

  • simiussimius Senior
    edited May 2013
    I didn't look nito your other thread but yeah.. I wondered as well if the suggestions that are made really reach the devs. There are surely some good ones worth considering.
    On the other hand it takes precious time to filter the suggestions and further to think about them.
    I thought about looking into the tiny suggestions thread for example and collecting good ideas. Does anybody do that to present it to the devs?

    edit devs standing for the guys making the decisions, maybe it's just the one who does that. dunno
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited 3:33AM
    simius wrote:

    I didn't look nito your other thread but yeah.. I wondered as well if the suggestions that are made really reach the devs. There are surely some good ones worth considering.
    On the other hand it takes precious time to filter the suggestions and further to think about them.
    I thought about looking into the tiny suggestions thread for example and collecting good ideas. Does anybody do that to present it to the devs?

    edit devs standing for the guys making the decisions, maybe it's just the one who does that. dunno


    some look mainly testers and forum mods....

    no, no one writes down the suggestions and couriers them to a group of devs for review

    ideas arent really taken seriously in here be they great okay or bad they arent being "looked" at in the first place

    which brings me to the poitn i made in the original one

    Consensus is a Illussion....

    just say no and shut the section down or start taking the suggestions seriously
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

    ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • OktoberOktober The Italian Connection Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited May 2013
    This is not exactly a great thread. Whenever suggestions pop up, there are devs which read it. Suggestions, if very valid, don't get implemented in days. Suggestions, if anything, get implemented with major differences from the way they were originally suggested as. Devs seem to read the suggestions every time something gets added, but they are working on already planned game content.
    Also, not to be a dick, but you created a thread called "Clear and Precise Suggestion", but your messages are not so clear and precise. I would take some time in writing them with as proper grammar as possible, and without using so many spaces (although this one is a personal one).
    76561197996706951.png
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited May 2013
    you can continue to say that these "valid" suggestions get looked at then "changed" and worked on

    but even in your own statement you reinforce what i am saying in both of my threads

    this section is a way of fluffing the dying player bases hearts and making them think that their voices and ideas mean something

    when in fact only a select few people implement things into the game and i assure you 95% of them arent from these threads

    as to your problem with my grammar and spaces, ditto

    some spelling errors but each idea i have is seperated and it sure sounds a hell of alot better than you do on the microphone during a test session

    edit ps. oktober is a perfect example of how sensitive the "team" is to true criticism that IS constructive and also is quite the YES MAN at times
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

    ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited 3:33AM
    Oktober wrote:

    Suggestions, if very valid, don't get implemented in days. Suggestions, if anything, get implemented with major differences from the way they were originally suggested as.


    in case you were wondering what points i was refering to when i said enforcing my idea
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

    ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited 3:33AM
    as well the little developers that do read them arent really active in the content making process anymore

    most of which are too occupied by real life

    but if you are saying that you... yourself are a dev then you might wanna reword that.... thats frowned upon and can get you kicked off the team

    even though that testers and some mappers are the only ones really doing any work any more
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

    ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • Dr. ODr. O Minister of Roggen Senior
    edited 3:33AM
    To be honest, I didn't get what you were suggesting in the previous thread either, and I don't think there will be any positive reactions to sarcastic threads.
    Without meaning it personally, I have to agree with Oktober that it is very difficult to follow the line of thought in a post with no proper grammer, like no points, commas and an empty line after each line of text. It is no wonder that such posts are not read/understood.
    PVKII Server: The House of Dr. O
    --friendly fire
    --manual block

    My maps/plugins:
    te_sahara_b1 : http://pvkii.gameban...com/maps/184372
    Weddings: http://forums.allied...ad.php?t=221933



    15:55 - Sir Whiskeyngton: well you're the minister of roggen
    15:55 - Sir Whiskeyngton: you'd just be doing your job
    15:56 - Sir Whiskeyngton: I need to send an army of monks to the enemy
    15:56 - Sir Whiskeyngton: since I'm the minister of propaganda



    5:22 PM - Felis catus: QSBtYW4gY2hvb3NlcywgYSBzbGF2ZSBvYmV5cywgQWxsIHdvcmsgYW5kIG5vIHBsYXkgbWFrZXMgU2lyIFdoaXNrZXluZ3RvbiBhIGR1bGwgYm95Lg==
    5:22 PM - Felis catus: base64
    5:23 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: nab
    5:23 PM - Felis catus: dr o could translate that without a decoder
    5:23 PM - Felis catus: he is a wizard
    5:23 PM - Felis catus: he actually programmed roggen
    5:24 PM - Felis catus: he programmed the world
    5:24 PM - Felis catus: how it behaves
    5:24 PM - Felis catus: dr o is god
    5:24 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: lol
    5:24 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: you forgot the first commandment
    5:25 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: 1. Thou shalt have no gods; thou shalt only have Budnab.
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: dr o made him
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: dr o defined the gods
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: dr o did everything
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: he is the god

  • OktoberOktober The Italian Connection Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 3:33AM
    Reading your last 3 posts make you sound pretty butthurt for something, which is not the way of suggesting something. Those 3 posts in a row for no reason don't seem to help that either.
    76561197996706951.png
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited May 2013
    The suggestion is: Pay attention to the suggestions or remove the suggestion sub-forum because none of the suggestions get implemented.

    And I disagree, even if none of the suggestions are taken into an update it can -to the very least- provide some entertaining value for players to speak opinions and form discussions, assuming no abusing breaks out.

    But the suggestions are always read and most of the time discussed, because suggestions aren't put in use does not mean it's a reason to take it down. Besides even if it didn't exist, people would still want to post some form of suggestion and at that point they would end up in the PVKII-discussion sub-forum.

    One could also argue to remove the PVK1 discussion sub-forum because for example how basically no one is playing pvk1 anymore and there are never any active discussions in it.

    QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

    QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited May 2013
    my point in all this is to show to the last playerbase who is doing their testing and whos in control and how sensitive they really are


    i have 2 jobs that keep me occupied so no im not "butthurt" about loosing my testing spot on a f2p mod that allowed me to get my work life in order


    as to my spaces THEY SEPERATE IDEAS

    am i trying to write a novel or proof read my english lit. work? no


    the only point you make at trying to take shots at me being butthurt or me having a writing format that you dont like is that this stuff is hitting home to you guys

    Denshin is the only one that clearly accessed the point, he may not have agreed.... but rather than trying to take jabs at me

    he disagreed with the idea and gave reasoning and a alternate point that makes sense

    so bravo denshin

    as to the rest of you.... get over the insults and look into what im actually saying.....

    disagree and or agree and state why....


    the only reason I took shots at you oktober is because you fired the first... and ive always found you annoying on top of that
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

    ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited 3:33AM
    Denshin wrote:

    The suggestion is: Pay attention to the suggestions or remove the suggestion sub-forum because none of the suggestions get implemented.

    And I disagree, even if none of the suggestions are taken into an update it can -to the very least- provide some entertaining value for players to speak opinions and form discussions, assuming no abusing breaks out.

    But the suggestions are always read and most of the time discussed, because suggestions aren't put in use does not mean it's a reason to take it down. Besides even if it didn't exist, people would still want to post some form of suggestion and at that point they would end up in the PVKII-discussion sub-forum.

    One could also argue to remove the PVK1 discussion sub-forum because for example how basically no one is playing pvk1 anymore and there are never any active discussions in it.


    I respectfuly disagree with everything except for your final statement

    thats another useless forum
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

    ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • Dr. ODr. O Minister of Roggen Senior
    edited 3:33AM
    Ocelot wrote:

    am i trying to write a novel or proof read my english lit. work? no


    I am not firing at you, but you should ask yourself what the purpose of grammar is and why people use it. If you don't make the effort to use it, don't complain about not being understood.

    And maybe finally say what your previous suggestion was about instead of sulking, because I would like to know.
    PVKII Server: The House of Dr. O
    --friendly fire
    --manual block

    My maps/plugins:
    te_sahara_b1 : http://pvkii.gameban...com/maps/184372
    Weddings: http://forums.allied...ad.php?t=221933



    15:55 - Sir Whiskeyngton: well you're the minister of roggen
    15:55 - Sir Whiskeyngton: you'd just be doing your job
    15:56 - Sir Whiskeyngton: I need to send an army of monks to the enemy
    15:56 - Sir Whiskeyngton: since I'm the minister of propaganda



    5:22 PM - Felis catus: QSBtYW4gY2hvb3NlcywgYSBzbGF2ZSBvYmV5cywgQWxsIHdvcmsgYW5kIG5vIHBsYXkgbWFrZXMgU2lyIFdoaXNrZXluZ3RvbiBhIGR1bGwgYm95Lg==
    5:22 PM - Felis catus: base64
    5:23 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: nab
    5:23 PM - Felis catus: dr o could translate that without a decoder
    5:23 PM - Felis catus: he is a wizard
    5:23 PM - Felis catus: he actually programmed roggen
    5:24 PM - Felis catus: he programmed the world
    5:24 PM - Felis catus: how it behaves
    5:24 PM - Felis catus: dr o is god
    5:24 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: lol
    5:24 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: you forgot the first commandment
    5:25 PM - Sir Whiskeyngton: 1. Thou shalt have no gods; thou shalt only have Budnab.
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: dr o made him
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: dr o defined the gods
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: dr o did everything
    5:25 PM - Felis catus: he is the god

  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited 3:33AM
    Oktober wrote:

    Those 3 posts in a row for no reason don't seem to help that either.


    if you really dont remember

    i have autism






    and this spacing here is just to piss you off
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

    ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • UberMannUberMann Level Designer PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited 3:33AM
    This is a useless thread. You insult Oktober, you spout lies and do not listen. I'm locking this one, too.

    We devs DO read the suggestions forum and we DO care about what the community suggests, but we can't implement everything, as we have a planned schedule already and want to keep the workload manageable. Also, if some new feature gets added there's always an internal discussion about it and it may get changed a lot. That explains how suggestions, if they get approval by the team, will most likely deviate from the original idea in the end.
This discussion has been closed.