Registering trinket kills

DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
edited 10:08AM in Suggestions
At the current version, kills are only registered in trinket wars if the player killing the enemy was under the trinket's radius of effect. Since this radius is limited in size, it will mean that any player outside this radius who kill an enemy close to the trinket carrier won't be registered.

Support classes like the sharpshooter and archer will often try to place themselves away from the main battle, this makes them potentially go outside the radius of influence of the trinket which ends up in them making kills that won't get registered.

My suggestion was that the way killregistering would work is that instead of only kills being made by a player inside a trinket carrier's radius, enemies that are killed simply in the trinket carrier's radius would be registered as well.

So for instance a battle is going on in the room with the rope bridge in tw_temple, the main battle with hks, berserkers, captains and other melee classes duke it out on one side, an archer being next to his grailcarrier shoots an arrow at an enemy on the other side of the bridge -> the archer is in the radius of influence so the kill is registered.
On the other side of the bridge theres a sharpshooter OUTSIDE of the radius aiming into the main battle where a captain grogcarrier is fighting, the SS takes a shot and kills someone that was in the captain's trinket radius, thus the kill is registered as well.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
signatureopaquesmall.png

Comments

• ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    edited 10:08AM
    i like it, i always thoguht was a problem, but wasn't sure how to adress it. good work.
  • OktoberOktober The Italian Connection Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Sounds about right.
    76561197996706951.png
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    This would potentially mean that if a battle goes on in an area where a ranged class can stay really far back out of all danger and unless some enemy makes it his mission to take that ranger out he could just be a constant nuisance until the battlefield moves somewhere else. But then again a trinket carrier's radius isn't too big which forces ranged classes to get in close in the combat where they're in higher risk.

Would this be considered a problem?

signatureopaquesmall.png

• KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    If this happens it shouldn't be that far out because as you said it will put a lot less risk on ranged than needed

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

well it might be a problem for the archers, but i know the SS's weapons have a maximum range. maybe, i think like what koko was trying to say, is for the people that die near the trinket carrier, have that range be alot smaller, than the current range of the teammate kills registering. hope i worded that right.
  • simiussimius Senior
    edited May 2013
    Hmm I am not sure whether i like the idea. However it is a very good suggestion.
    It would make the ranged classes pretty strong in tw. What if you made the radius a bit smaller for players who are not within the radius?
    And will the ranged classes be informed of which targets are potential grail kills for them?

Or, ye, invent a second radius you have to be in to be able to score grail kills on targets who are in the first radius. I guess that's what Konerokonakikawari was saying

edit:
    Considerable as well is that grail kills can only be made if you or the target are in radius 1 or 2 to balance things out. On the one hand ranged classes couldn't score grail kills on targets who are too far away, on the other hand they wouldn't need to be right in the battle. I don't like the thought but it may make sense balancewise
    i'll draw a graph explaining, give me a sec
    edited May 2013
    trinketwars.jpg

that's my idea. based off of denshin's original post.

having enemies die in the red radius wouldn't effect the melee because they woudl already be in the regular radius anyways. but by doing this, some of the ranged classes could sit back and shoot enemies in the red radius and still get kills counted, without being in direct conflict.
    anyone have any thoughts on the idea? any feedback would be appreciated.
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    I think the current radius is fine, but definetly worth something to test if it comes along in the future.

signatureopaquesmall.png

sorry, i wasn't talkgni about reducing the radius for when your teammate get's a kill, but if an enemy dies in the red zone from someone who isn't in the blue zone, it wiould still count towards the grail kill. the blue zone should still function completly normally as it is.