I just...

PerspectivePerspective Senior
edited 3:26PM in PVKII Discussion
got kicked for "pp whoring" what the actual fridge?

Comments

• WintersunnWintersunn Land Lubber! Senior
    edited 3:26PM
    Was it on that "pony" server? I heard of it, don't play there.

There is an admin abusing his power and randomly slaying people.
    34nqlqd.jpg
  • PerspectivePerspective Senior
    yeah really bad server never gonna play there again
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    how can you perfect parry whore? if hes getting perfect parried so many times... maybe he should switch class to gain the upper hand in weapon size

what a douche bag

I dont like to admin this way and people who randomly get admin on servers just have a hard on for fridgeing with people

If hes a global admin i wouldnt even consider the server on the list anymore becuase if one of the global or root admins is doing this, your boned in the sence of heirarchy

sorry to hear about this just makes me sad that admins are pushing populations outa servers when this game needs as many people playing as it can!
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    Convict gaming in disguise?
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • LucasLucas Walter White Members
    The best idea ever was to give Convict gaming rant threads their own subforum.
    Tschoppo wrote:

hello dear, said banana pie, but all of a sudden it came to life.
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited December 2012
    http://img109.images...21720202759.jpg

http://img28.imagesh...21720212710.jpg

Pro legit tactix in action

He "warned" me to not parry excessively, after the -first- time I actually parried him. Silly boy, never heard of fully charged swings did you?

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• PaladinPaladin Senior
    edited December 2012
    Denshin wrote:

He froze me and said "he was just for fun " while playing as a Skirm. Then he ganged up with his archer buddy against me with only three of us on the server.
    2v2z7rr.jpg
  • RainboltRainbolt Senior
    I might be that "Power-Hungry" admin you are talking about. I am ashamed to say,but all of this is correct. I've never been admin on a previous server and I was warned for my abuse aswell. It's just like when you get the game you want for christmas, you try it out all you can, this maximized when my host game me the "Smite" command a couple of days ago. After all of this you probably don't think I care about my community nor my players, however I do a lot. All I wanted was a revolutionary server which differs from all other servers, in a good way that is. I am sorry for all of this. Even though most of you probably don't care about my apology and will "Flame" me, it's okay, I deserve it.

Sorry.
    hatsunemiku.png
  • Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    Rainbolt wrote:

I might be that "Power-Hungry" admin you are talking about. I am ashamed to say,but all of this is correct. I've never been admin on a previous server and I was warned for my abuse aswell. It's just like when you get the game you want for christmas, you try it out all you can, this maximized when my host game me the "Smite" command a couple of days ago. After all of this you probably don't think I care about my community nor my players, however I do a lot. All I wanted was a revolutionary server which differs from all other servers, in a good way that is. I am sorry for all of this. Even though most of you probably don't care about my apology and will "Flame" me, it's okay, I deserve it.

Sorry.

Well said my friend I think he said it well others may disagree but I think this is a good apology.
    “I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall
    I may not wish to find myself there in the future anyway, but that is a most honorable statement, sir.

signatureopaquesmall.png

• yushyush Senior
    I was warned either, and slapped couple of times also. I was also called "pp whore", and as someone said - it is cause of all HC members abusing PP.

WTF O__o

Still i thought it was bad joke. Now i see it was not. Still, as mates said - perfect apologize and i surely would come back to Your server, but i expect parrying - tolerance ;)

Cheerz
    One of the reasons for ban of all HC members is due to their PP but mostly due to ddos and server removal threats, I did not take these decisions I am sorry.

Rules are rules.

It doesn't matter if you PP a couple of times by accident, just don't whore it a ton.
    hatsunemiku.png
  • BluehardtBluehardt Senior
    edited January 2013
    Rainbolt wrote:

It doesn't matter if you PP a couple of times by accident, just don't whore it a ton.

Few people already stated how to avoid being counterattacked. It's very good habit to charge your attack to the max. On the other hand - there is an achievement right now, which requires to kill people by swing after perfect parry.
    badge-76561198016191753.png
  • DinahDinah Skirmisher's wench PVKII Team
    Fully charge your weapon, problem solved.
    LOLIWDIT_zpsec1f606c.jpeg
    Agsma is me from the future
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    Dinah wrote:

Fully charge your weapon, problem solved.

this or if you cant fully charge hits well... switch to a class with a larger weapon lol

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    the term "Parry Whore" died with 2.2
  • WintersunnWintersunn Land Lubber! Senior
    Rainbolt wrote:

[...] but mostly due to ddos and server removal threats

A year ago, one HC member called "turtle" threatened me to ddos my server if I won't unban him. I didn't do it and he crashed my server. I talked to the Clanleader Blade of Death who didn't do anything. HC contains besides few nice people just a bunch of kids who are randomly insulting and threatening people. Destroying gameplay by team stacking and rankwhoring.
    I don't like them either. :>
    34nqlqd.jpg
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    Perfect parrying if done with manual parry should not be a sign of someone abusing a system, it should be a badge of honor, as PP'ing with manual parry takes fast wits.

DDoS/DoS attacks can easily be prevented if the server is behind your private network, its as simple as going into the admin configuration for your router and checking the "Block Ip Flooding" or a similarly worded option www.portforward.com has a helpful HUGE list of router screenshots you can utilize to gain a better understanding of your router

on the other hand if your server is being hosted through a 3rd party such as legitservers or gameservers then you have to speak with the support staff of your respective 3rd party provider

but back on the PP topic, Perfect parry with auto-parry can be abused if you are a HK mainly, but only to a extent. You cannot perfect parry fully charged hits... you can how ever mitigate the dmg but the person will not be able to perform a perfect parry or a riposte of that parry. As well if your quote 'pp whoring' unquote opponent is using a class with a smaller weapon ie skirmisher, you can just use a class with a larger weapon.

But a sure fire way to stop your perfect parry problems is to always aim and time fully charged hits, as regular hits are only going to get yourself killed

ron-dancing-animated.gif
    anyone who still uses the term parry whore is someone who can't let go of the past, or has no real understanding of the meaning behind the word.
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    Rainbolt wrote:

Kevin1.png

Fully charged swings/shield bash... change direction after a fully charged swing...

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• OcelotOcelot Senior
    i think i found where gestirs get their javelins from!

cibk.gif

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior

Fully charged swings/shield bash... change direction after a fully charged swing...

Are you saying they should adapt to a tactic being employed by their enemy?
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
    Restricting a game's feature solely because someone just happen to find them annoying is personally, just completely bogus. If it really isn't working out then it would be alot more evident and in the end up to the devs to change it.

The skirmisher has, for example, a very high dps. If no blocking was allowed a skilled skirmisher could easily move in and out between a heavy knights slow swings and just gradually cut him down. At most points, it wont even be enough relying on timing your attacks to stay alive against Berserkers or Skirmishers, especially if outnumbered.

signatureopaquesmall.png

• BluehardtBluehardt Senior
    Another possibility is to force manual blocking on your server. It needs some practice to be used effectievely, but skilled players will have even bigger advantage over players not used to this way of blocking. Auto-parry is easy to use for everyone and it makes difference between fresh and experienced players smaller.

Denshin wrote:

Restricting a game's feature solely because someone just happen to find them annoying is personally, just completely bogus. If it really isn't working out then it would be alot more evident and in the end up to the devs to change it.
    badge-76561198016191753.png
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    Bluehardt wrote:

Auto-parry is easy to use for everyone and it makes difference between fresh and experienced players smaller.

WELL SAID!

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • yushyush Senior
    Good point, guys. Force manual parry on server = problem solved. On the other hand i consider every server with no Friendly Fire and no forced Manual Parry enabled, a nooobish server, or in the other words, the server on which every new player feels relatively good comparing to experienced players.

Of what i know all HC members (or those i play with and know) has 'manual parry always" option enabled in settings, including me. So telling me "hey, you are abusing pp" is the same as telling me "hey, you are too good for us, get lost".

If You ask me, enabling auto perfect parry should not be an option. One or other way you can block hits always, and even if a player suck, sometimes he can accidentaly pp a hit. The same thing with FF - without it pirates are much OP cause their own explosives dont hurt them and gives them tremendous advantage over other factions (show me a knight killing 4 enemies with one swing - which is easy to do with keg).

The thing is most of experienced players simply block incoming hits while new players are trying to or not doing it at all. Understanding a mechanics is everything and every player after couple hours of playing should get a hang of parrying. Watching Denshin's tutorial videos should be obligatory.

Peace, guys :)
    Wouldn't even need my tutorial, all a new player really needs to do is to go into options and check his controls, then create a server and just try things out in peace on his own until he feels comfortable on the controls and features. Sadly, extremely few do this, instead they decide to hop right into the action with little to often no preparations. This bothers me a ton xD

signatureopaquesmall.png

they probably are not aware that they can even do that. However, if it's possible, we should have a start up video like in l4d2, maybe a little tutorial video of some sort...maybe the community could make one, like a little project. then, once we have come to an agreement, let the dev's publish it? just a though, it COULD work though...might also help strengthen the community, and let the devs continue their work in peace.
  • yushyush Senior
    Checking controls is not all imho, Densh. Lonyops could be right. To be true - most of the new community consists of young players mostly familiar to shooters. They have no idea of charging, blocking, momentum or parrying, cause all they probably do till meeting pvk is shooting and walking.
    You yourself know the best how more important is even jumping than it is in CS for example.

In my opinion Your tutorials should be obligatory :)

Btw. i hope You are not mad at me? :F
    Please,explain to me how having to charge a full weapon attack with a must-hit time within a second and attack then deal 5 damage is not overpowered. There is a reason why the PP system is getting changed in the next update with Man At Arms.
    hatsunemiku.png