[REQUEST] Class limit script

WodenWoden Senior
edited October 2012 in Scripting
This HAS to be made. Why didn't anyone figure this out yet, especially the devs who knew about the new class and it's guaranteed abuse? Were they expecting the dinahz to choose some other difficult class to play instead, when they can simply go full retard as sharpshooter and still pwn everyone on any Island or similar map because of the long range spam? It's like they're not even playing; just point & click gameplay, then run, reload, and again - and it works, funnily enough. Besides, this is a team-based game and should provide class balance. I don't enjoy being the only HK in a team full of archers either. The thing that I enjoy the most is the role-playing aspect, playing as a particular role and helping your other teammates. Now it's gone, and the skill element is gone as well. Nobody cares about PLAYING the game anymore, just... shooting or killing the sharpshooters or whatever. It's utter chaos.

Comments

• WodenWoden Senior
    edited October 2012
    I hate the sharpshooter players so fridgeing much. It's supposed to be a SUPPORT class. If there was a class limit of 3 SS's per team of 10, that'd be fine, but even better I'd like to see 1 or 2. Anyway, this is what owners of the servers would surely have to choose themselves. I imagine the gameplay would be pretty awesome then, specially for... well, any class, to be honest, but Sharpshooter especially since he's damn fun but too fragile when there are too many weaklings around in your team, sometimes just shooting and trying to run... which is not a great tactic, because sharpshooter has the agility but not the speed - you're supposed to dodge the enemy's attacks, provide cover with the pistol to your teammates and keep advancing with them, like the skirmisher or the captain, only avoiding melee if possible or when ammo is not yet scarce - and there are more things to do, like taking chests or killing enemies, well anything that would ensure in proper gameplay if we had this script I'm hoping someone will make, or if people chose the right classes, but that's not gonna happen until Man At Arms is released along with more 360noscope weapons and players will switch to that, if they manage not to rage at the devs and in result, uninstall this mod forever. Currently, the game is fridgeing broken, more than anything I've seen before.
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited 3:13AM
    Archers are too but hey people still like to use more of them than HKs sometimes.

So you'd want to limit Archer too? That would be a quick way to drop a server's population.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• PeykoPeyko Senior
    edited October 2012
    Sharpshooters are easy to kill. One mistake, and i am close enough to land 2 hits, killing them off.
    I played a lot of lan network yesterday with a friend of mine. We played archer against sharpshooter. In the beginning the sharpshooter was a bit superior, but really, after a while, the archer came off as being the far better one compared to sharpshooter. Just saying. Archer > Sharpshooter, why doesnt people complain about those damn archers instead?
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    Most of the SS complaints have come from Knights who are not use to dealing with a primary ranged class. Most of the Archer complaints came from, well, non-knights lol...

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    So you suggest scripts or so that forces a team to mix up classes which plausibly makes them support eachother more.

But shouldn't a coordinated pirate team who mix classes be way more dangerous over a pirate team full of sharpshooters who don't even know how to capture chests?

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• yushyush Senior
    I made some thinkong about that and i it occurs to me somewhat good idea, but hard to implement. I personally would see those limits as percentage of the team, but then when there are 2 players per team...well it wont work probably. On the other hand I am totally for that idea, but in future, somewhat about 2042, when all classes would be made...well, there should be one - two players at the same class limit then :)
  • Ninja-ORCNinja-ORC Senior
    Guess you don't like the Spanish Brigade.
    76561197981087625.png They say there are no ninjas in PVK. I beg to differ.
  • God of AimGod of Aim Senior
    edited December 2012
    Hello i have my plugin for Class Restrict. Restrict only SharpShooter class for value 1-2-3 in team and etc.. ^^
    Officer member in HammerClan [ нcϟ ]
    In game nickname: [ нcϟ ] God of Aim or [ нcϟ ] Батюшка Аим
    Owner of Beskuda.ru PVK servers.