Where is the Man At Arms?

sullimintsullimint Senior
edited October 2012 in PVKII Discussion
Will he be released in another update or???

Comments

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited 2:24AM
    Our current aim is for him to be in the 3.0 update. There is no release date for 3.0.
    I hope you have been enjoying 2.5!

Co-Lead | Level Designer

• shayologoshayologo Senior
    edited October 2012
    Men at arm was killing by sharshooter, for this reason we can't see him in 2.5
  • MescoolMescool Senior
    yes are that why is reason
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    At least he shouldn't take another two years to respawn..

slugsig.jpg

• PeykoPeyko Senior
    Tschoppo wrote:

;)
  • Noah es FrioNoah es Frio Senior
    edited October 2012
    Tschoppo wrote:

So 1 year and 11 months? HL3 CONFIRMED
    HL3 CONFIRMED1344423700445.jpg
  • sullimintsullimint Senior
    Right now the knights need the man at arms because it's just very imbalanced please devs I know I'm being selfish and mean right now but the knights need the Man At Arms sooooo pleaseeeee release him as soon as possible.
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    ... what i dont get is how Man-at-arms is supposed to balance out things for the knights because of the sharp shooter

first offf... knights always had a advantage on island against pirates because of archers... now theirs competition for the archers... isnt that what the archers been wanting... competition via ranged?

and second.. look at these weapons (which could be subject to change)

http://www.pvkii.com/main.php?page=weaponsmana

those would be nice to have but i bet you money the increase bolts in Man at arms cross bow means the dmg has to be brought down from the normal cross bow dmg

so tech the archer still has the better ranged ability to take out the sharpshooter with his cross bow can practicalyl kill a SS with one crossbow hit

the only advantage hed have is if the buckler shield is equivalent in shield health to the huscarls and if hes faster than the SS

that would be the only advantage your gaining with him

maybe the increased melee range would be helpfull if the halbred is longer than the zweihander but we dont know because polearms havent been implemented yet

(even though the gestirs spear is a polearm and he holds it with 2 hands... it counts as a 1 handed weapon .. so tech not a real polearm cause hes poking not swinging )
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • I'm a TurtleI'm a Turtle Senior
    edited October 2012
    I think the halberd will be a little longer range than the zwiehander but a little less dmg in comparison. Also the MAA's speed will compensate for the range differences. I really can't wait for the MAA.

ugubalugu wrote:

Well, uhm, he's in my...butt...ohhhhh...yeeeeeeaahhhh...harder. Oh my god. Holy moly that feels good, keep it up. Yeeeeaaaaahhh oh man, harder MaA, harder!!!!

And how old are you? Lol sex joke.
  • ugubaluguugubalugu Big Noob Senior
    Where is the Man At Arms?

Well, uhm, he's in my...butt...ohhhhh...yeeeeeeaahhhh...harder. Oh my god. Holy moly that feels good, keep it up. Yeeeeaaaaahhh oh man, harder MaA, harder!!!!
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    I really do hope the team does not wait/need another year to release the MaA, as I think he would close the gap in the Knights team.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

• J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    And I hope you change that ridiculous name of yours back to the old awesome one!
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
    Devs I love pvkii soooo much and since this game is turning very global wouldn't it make sense to have the man at arms in the game for balance purposes. I mean 3.0 seems too far away and fans have been waiting for just too long. I understand that there are complications to making the man at arms, but please can you release the Maa sooner then 3.0. Or even just have a quick update for 2.5 and just implement the man at arms as a patch or something??? Please I want some answers :)
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    We are working on the next patch everyday. I want us very badly to release upcoming patches as quick as we can. I'd like us to post news about the upcoming patch soon.

Co-Lead | Level Designer

• schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    While you're at it, please release a second territory map

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

edited October 2012
    Thank you for your reply kind Dev ^^ I know I'm being very greedy but will the Man At Arms be in a patch for 2.5? Cause I think everyone would agree that the Man At Arms should be in a patch for 2.5 pretty please ^^
    edited October 2012
    2.5 is already out and, as you might have noticed, there is no man at arms in it.
    I think the man at arms should implemented in the 2.5 update the knights need a versatile class like the maa.
  • Dali's ClockDali's Clock Senior

Our current aim is for him to be in the 3.0 update. There is no release date for 3.0.
    I hope you have been enjoying 2.5!

if it is 3.0, then what other class will be released with him? HMMMMMM. MAYBE THE 2 OTHER LORDS?
    QUOTE (Blaze @ Sep 18 2011, 06:07 PM) »
    Yes I know throwing it to Barner was dumb everything was going fast, you wouldn't know this mainly because you don't actually play you just get high and sit in spectate all day :P

• CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    Dali wrote:

if it is 3.0, then what other class will be released with him? HMMMMMM. MAYBE THE 2 OTHER LORDS?

3 classes in one update might be a bit of a stretch at this point.
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
    We're probably going to release the assassin together with the Man-at-Arms in the next update. Check for updates in the next 2-3 weeks.
  • Cap1Cap1 Land Lubber! Banned
    ugubalugu wrote:

We're probably going to release the assassin together with the Man-at-Arms in the next update. Check for updates in the next 2-3 weeks.

Was funny at first, but not anymore.

I like your title though...
    Two new classes in the next 2 to 3 weeks? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............???????????
  • Cap1Cap1 Land Lubber! Banned
    this bubabalugu guy is a big fat phony, He is not a dev, just a troll with ms-paint.
    Damn it. Now I feel stupid.

However, I hope the devs start updating the front page of this website more often with news on their progress. 3-4 news articles in a period of six months doesn't really seem like enough to me.
  • simumsimum Senior
    sullimint wrote:

Thank you for your reply kind Dev ^^ I know I'm being very greedy but will the Man At Arms be in a patch for 2.5? Cause I think everyone would agree that the Man At Arms should be in a patch for 2.5 pretty please ^^

You do realise that he's coming in the next big patch and they're probably not going to release updates up to 2.9 first, right?
    Yea I know I just hope the devs update into on the maa and other classes more often rather then waiting 400 years for details
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    We could have released him, but we still discuss about his haircut.
    One won't see his hair under the helmet, but its important as it adds more character.

Nah, i think all the team members involved in the character creation just do a terrificly great job.
    What takes the most time in development are private lifes and other interests,
    but as long as people play pvk they motivate the team to keep going.

slugsig.jpg

• yushyush Senior
    Tschoppo, what do You need the most (apart of time, ofc) as a dev team, to make new class?
    In my opinion, when You have a good men in team AND most of all, one person to organise the rest and have it in hand, it should not take so long to make new class.
    I think 2 - 3 months of off-time work for 10 good organised, engaged people should be sufficient time. Then, betatests and voila.
    Am I wrong?
    AND
    How can I be of help to You? I will make an application as a 3D modeller, I was talking with Squirrel about that, but not now. Yet I am learning hard :)

Cheerz
  • LucasLucas Walter White Members
    Apply in the applications section.
    You'll see new maps along with the almost-finished man at arms, perhaps even a new gamemode.
    Tschoppo wrote:

hello dear, said banana pie, but all of a sudden it came to life.